Models! Yay...

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-DanaDark, Jun 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-DanaDark Guest

[p]Just a small list on what I think needs to be improved.[/p][p]1. Bellybuttons would be cool... this isn't a Jake2.0 mmo is it?! 2. Eyebrows need to change color with the hair. 3. Some body form options would be nice... Not every man has pecks large enough to choke a horse with. 4. One skeleton system that scales (thus allowing more armors to be made, and possibility for sitting in chairs) 5. Item interactions rock... sitting in a chair, laying in a bed, aint asking for much here 6. Better armors yada yada yada (like they listen) 7. ONE character model. SOGA models and Original models both need to go. Instead of having two medium quality models, have ONE high quality model. (SOGA are anime-like and Original are claymation with the worst shading I've ever seen in my entire life)[/p][p]Meh, maybe Im alone on this. But I've never created a character on EQ2 and said "Ah, perfect".[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

[p] 1. A lot of belly button fetishist lately, dont you think? Ever sniffed your belly button.. I did yours. It stinks. [/p][p]2. Agreed[/p][p]3. I do[/p][p]4. Yeah, would be good[/p][p]5. Was same as 4[/p][p]6. You don't want to see their 'better' armor for sure[/p][p]7. No need to go for any model, I don't really want a character that YOUR types like[/p][p]8. Since you registered, you are opening same topic. Since start you find that ugly, how come you are still playing a game you hate your avatars?[/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Naubeta Guest

"Meh, maybe Im alone on this. But I've never created a character on EQ2 and said "Ah, perfect"." Ratonga look very good and characterful. I hope they aren't broken into something ugly with new models.
  4. ARCHIVED-DanaDark Guest

[p]Meh, the models just leave much to be desired. It's like finding a sketch by Monet, very nice indeed, but you just wish it were finished.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-DanaDark Guest

And I just realized I say "Meh" too often... gonna have to beat on my Ratonga friend for that =\
  6. ARCHIVED-Ralum Guest

DanaDark wrote:
    [p]Get it right! It's Kyle Xy! Or a "tank" from Space: Above and Beyond.[/p][p]:-D[/p][p]But other than me being nitpicky, I agree with the OP.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-DanaDark Guest

[p]lmao... never seen the show... just saw a commercial with a boy without a Belly Button...[/p][p]-shame-[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Image_Vain Guest

SOGA owns, the anime style kicks ***
  9. ARCHIVED-Seraki Guest

[p] There is a lot better anime out there than what soga deliverd to us :| [/p][p] [/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

[p] [/p][p]Aye, saying Anime models to SOGA is insult to Animes, may be not pokemon...[/p][p]Animes can draw humanoids straight rather than zig zag types or pencil types.[/p][p] [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Seraki Guest

[p] [/p][p]1. I think the eq 1 human (luclin era models) had belly buttons you could see on monks. Woudnt be bad if they were neet belly buttons .. no outy's plz LOL[/p][p]2. eyebrow color choices would be nice, dark elves for instance there have been many complaints regarding that.[/p][p]3. body choices would be nice but I dont see them doing it as it would mean adjusting so many armor pieces. [/p][p]4. Im not sure I understand the skeleton system you mean but it sounds interesting. If you could elaborate more maybe ...[/p][p]5. Agreed! would love to sit in a chare or lay down on a bed.[/p][p]6. They do listen to the armor request. I have read post recently where they talk about it. What is doable with in resonable constraints however is a factor. A single armor piece has to be modeled for every race and gender of that race and that includes every animated jesture that model could make. [/p][p]7. Im not a fan of SOGA my self. Especialy as I played this game from beta and remember the whole issue of how SOGA came about. It was very suspicious IMO that some player leaked the images from an asian site and would make demanding post about them. People would argue ( most as I recall didnt like them) then as soon as it died down another post would show up with more demands and even the hard sell technique of pretending that SOE had already aggreed to it when they didnt and demanding to know when. This went on in waves until eventually they gave in or so it seemed. Personally I have always suspected that employees of SOGA were some of the posters. Some of the first players of EQ2 were rather upset that they did this instead of fixing or improving some of the original models as they first said they would before the SOGA thing blew that away.[/p][p]Some of the shading was better on some of the models ( as least on wood elves) in beta 2 than made it into the game. Time constraints and budget maybe, who knows. What bothers me right now is that when I quit EQ2 over a year ago(returned just under 2 months ago) my old wood elf model ( have screen shots) seems to look better than they look now. Also the running animation on female models looks much worse than it used to ( they run like little boys), so I worry that there is a simplifying trend going on here.[/p][p] [/p][p]*sigh .. typos [changes the word it to in][/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Siogai Guest

Not if you had small/medium/large pieces for armour, each applicable to a certain range of body-morphs.
  13. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Isn't this slightly contradictatory? Multiple body forms require character skeletons for every different type of body
  14. ARCHIVED-Katsi Guest

Overall, I agree with the OP. I do like *some* of the alternate models, but not all of them. What I would love to see is the ability to show all of them, that way people can show others what they really want their character to look like. I find it frustrating to know that other people see my DE templar as a long eared grouchy insomniac when I see her as a cute and friendly dark skinned elf. Sorry.. I disagree with the running comment. I'd rather run 'like a boy' then with my head bouncing side to side like a stereotypical 80s blond valley girl. - Katsi
  15. ARCHIVED-Polywogus Guest

I agree w/ some of the OP's notes, but am heavily against #8. I enjoy SOGA, be it not real anime or too much like it. Add a 3rd type of model, leave the other two. Variety is the spice of life =)
  16. ARCHIVED-jagermonsta Guest

SOGA :thumbdown: Anime :thumbdown: I'm for a 3rd type of model...
  17. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

The real issue is that the current models make it really hard to add items to the game. Ever item needs to have <number of races> X <gender> X <model types> worth of artwork made for it. Adding the new models without getting rid of the old ones or reworking them would just make the problem worse.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zarafein Guest

New items could use old appeareance on the old models, not the best solution but wouldn't need more work.
  19. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

[p]1] Lose all the japanese influences please. Isnt there enough out there already without morphing EQ2 into final fantasy?[/p][p]2] Western fantasy & medieval styles. More please.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Bluu Guest

Fantastic ideas! God i hope SoE is listening.....