Missing too much with Autoattack // Weapon Skill/Accuracy/Strikethrough

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Payton, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

I've been running
    3 DPS Purples (75 DPS Mod)
    2 AE Auto-Runes
    1 Strikethrough
    1 Mitigation
    1 Block

I barely keep 600 DPS mod in full "tank" mode so I don't know if I can go much higher than 46% Strikethrough and 10% Accuracy. I keep MA at 200 for that extra 25% at a 3rd attack. Seriously given my Auto's especially in Offense (~1000 DPS Mod in Offense Set) are hitting for over 1 Million easy that 3rd hit is a massive damage spike. I'm still mix/maxing as I am bound by COE Rings still (Avatar and Insignia) for their AS and DPS Mod.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

I did have the block adorn but decided it was useless as I rarely used a shield and when I did (dom), the mobs had large strikethrough anyway.

One day I may get a separate defence shoulders for the rune, but too much else to get currently (etyma upgrade wise)
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

You're a Berserker if my memory serves me. Yeah Block's not as critical for you as it is for Guardian's :p
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

Block isn't critical at all if you're not using a shield or you're not a brawler!
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

I know, i'm just poking fun and I forgot your class since you don't have it on a sig-tag.

I guessed Zerk because most I see/talk with refuse to wear shields so yeah, block is "meh" for them.
  6. Rasttan Member

Only dumb brawlers are worried about there block it's a worthless stat this xpac, If they would give it a decent reforge value i would dump it immediately
  7. Rasttan Member

With group buffs I was at 90.1% ST, 840 WS, 30% ACC
  8. Koko Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll start compiling data and see if any interesting trends emerge.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

With 90% strikethrough, 624WS and (I think) 10% accuracy (buff) I was still only hitting 75-78% of the time on Dom named.

I'm aware that my WS and accuracy could use some tweaking but I didn't really want to sacrifice any other stats during Dom, although I may drop some dps mod to get accuracy up and add more WS adorns where I can.

What's the optimum WS amount for L103 mobs?

I haven't checked old logs to see what difference the 70 or so strikethrough made yet, but from memory my dps went up by 200k or so (although not same group setup, but doing around 35% extra dps). Will check logs sometime for hit rates though prior.
  10. Mallok New Member

@Koko, Berserker, 810 WS, 63 ST, 20 accuracy, 91% hit rate over the course of 600 swings. Mob was the first named in Fabled labs of lord vyemm, group makeup was Warden, inquis, assassin, dirge, conjie. Hope the data helps, am curious to see what ya find ^.^
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Warden gives 10% accuaracy, not sure how much the dirge gives, but they have an accuracy buff as well.... looks like 10% if your accuracy total is buffed, rather then unbuffed.
  12. petier Active Member

my hit rate on my monk is 95 give or take one point in raid/dom he has 94 ST, 10% acc no idea what his WS is but I can say the only item adorned with ws is his boots. My zerker has a hit rate of about 85 again give or take, his ST is in the 60's and no acc, and as with the monk only his boots have WS in them, he does use a shield (myth) in ToV and in Dom. I think that strikethrough is the key as we are in front of the mob and are always having to deal with mobs block chance. But I have never don't any real tests other than to look at my act to see my hit rate and the other tanks I raid with for various fights.
    Koko if you really want the math i'll be happy to help, I run logs on everything I do and tend to run with the same group every day.
  13. xkrisx Well-Known Member

The problem running with 90+% ST is that for some classes, without completely butchering stats, its unachievable. If I took my Bruiser and betrayed to Monk, I would have 100% ST and my stats would be balanced lol. But running 70% ST / 15% Accuracy / 730 WS, I am already suffering trying to get my DPS Mod to 600 " sitting at 500 currently ", running 90 Cast / Reuse because group buffs cap me, 25% Recovery lol. It is so damn hard balancing stats because defensive armor just doesnt have the stats to reforge.
  14. petier Active Member

I guess it depends on what you want, I find that low dps ( 1 to 2mill in raid ) but hitting the mob more lets me keep agro better. In this current x-pac it is really hard to get all the stats you want, you have to make a choice that will work for you.
  15. xkrisx Well-Known Member

And that statement is exactly whats wrong with this expansion lol.
  16. Mendelvian New Member

When assessing hit rates as reported by ACT it helps to not just treat the percentage reported as the 'final answer.'

Even with 99% strikethrough, 20% accuracy before buffs and well over 1000 weapon skills you can still have a hit rate in the 80's. Oftentimes this is due to ripostes missing which essentially makes them parrys which is OK as we avoided getting damaged. Riposte damage is so negligible that I mentally forgive those misses. Then the adjusted hit rate is back in the upper 90's again.
    Koko and konofo like this.
  17. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Ya know, I dont think I have been looking at this either cause as a Brawler, I tend to riposte quite a bit due to it triggering some Stone Skins for me.. I wonder if that is were a majority of my misses are coming from.
  18. Koko Well-Known Member

Oh ****. You are likely onto something here... it is highly unlikely that strikethrough applies to ripostes. This likely describes the 'constant' I've been encountering in my regression.

Math stuff, skip if you are not interested. As strikethrough, weapon skills, and accuracy increase, the fighter's hit rate approaches a value. However this value is not 100%, and typically is in the area of 80~90%. I had previously deemed that there was a 'super block' from the frontal position, and that the encounter always had at least a "C%" chance to block, or [hit rate = f(weapon skills, strikethrough, accuracy*) - C]. If the riposte swings are in this range, that likely describes this phenomena.
    I would love it. In light of the above theory, please include riposte swings/hits.
  19. petier Active Member

Koko if you are on today in game i'll give ya stuff from last nights raid.
  20. xkrisx Well-Known Member

So I ran some numbers from Guardians Edifice through the fifth name. I exported my Auto Attack "slashing damage" and ran Accuracy report for total hits vs "blocks/parry's/misses".. My Accuracy was 82% :( .. so sad lol.. After deducting all flagged riposte hits in ACT for hits that missed, my Hits jumped to 89%. I will run the same results in AS tonight after raid and see what I am running.