Missing too much with Autoattack // Weapon Skill/Accuracy/Strikethrough

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Payton, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Payton Active Member

-vs- Messenger of El Arad in Vaults:
    50% hits 40% misses 10% blocked
    -vs- Korgo the Vaultkeeper:
    45% hits 40% misses 15% blocked/parried

Against trash mobs my rate is better of course, my DPS is pretty good too (strangely).
    So the question is, what to I need to get my hit rate up?
    Some people tell me I need more weapon-skill, other say I need more accuracy, others say accuracy doesn't mean anything....

here's my current stats:
    Level 95 Shadowknight
    Strength: 6,043
    Agility: 3,034
    Stamina: 10,399
    Intelligence: 2,715
    Wisdom: 5,147
    Mitigation (vs Physical):12,636
    Avoidance:17,114
    Block Chance: 96.8%
    Parry: 245
    Block: 429
    DPS Mod: 407
    Haste: 144
    Multi Attack: 127
    AOE Auto Attack: 10.7%
    Strikethrough: 41.1%
    Accuracy: 5%
    Flurry: 0%
    Slashing 725 / 475
    Defense 682 / 475
    Parry 587 / 475
  2. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I will be 100% honest with you.. As a fighter, your screwed.

With 70% Strikethrough / 15% Accuracy / 750 Weapon Skills - I still only net about 85% Hit Rate total. I have tested multiple things in attempt to try and get better hit rates but sadly, even with 1k Weapon Skills / 40% Accuracy and 70% Strikethrough, I got like 89% Hit Rate.

Standing in front the mob this expac for some reason cripples your hit rate extremely bad. Last expac, on my bruiser with 680 weapon skills and no accuracy with around 40% Strikethrough was getting 94 to 98% Hit rate.
  3. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Now if only we could learn to tank from behind :)
  4. Payton Active Member

I have 8-10% dps from autoattack only anyway, and that in zones with tons of trashmobs, I guess putting much more into raising autoattack is not very smart then, or do I need higher hitrate for raids?
  5. guard Active Member

yes to get your hit rate up you need to raise your st about 85% and accuracy to about 15 -20%
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Sigh Guards are pretty hurt with the stat spread. Most of their DPS is their Auto-Attack.

I run ~700 Skills, 50% Strikethrough and 10% Accuracy as a compromise, I do alright.
  7. xkrisx Well-Known Member

As a bruiser.. about 35% of my DPS is auto attack.. Duel wield vs Shield and Sword. So yeah, I wish my hit rates were back up in the 90%s lol. Not sure what else I can do to get up any higher. I honestly dont think it can get much higher tbh. But @ Payton, definately get your STR up and get alitte more Accuracy / Strikethrough. Your weapon skill isnt gonna go up much more.
  8. Typos Member

Hey bud. I had the same problem.

get 30% accuracy and 100% or as close as you can strikethrough and walla ... 96%---99% hit rate. all my tanks have this self buffed.
    Missing an auto attack is terrible.. no damage plus alllll that stuff your wearing didn't proc.

Good luck
  9. Koko Well-Known Member

I would be interested in some hit rate data in an attempt to develop a model.

I am specifically looking for encounter data (not zonewide) with 500+ swings. Additionally, please provide your stats (strikethrough, accuracy, and weaponskills). I think it is a fair assumption that the mob is always facing the fighter, but please mention abnormalities (e.g. lost aggro, landed a back attack, etc.) if present.

Thank you,
    -Koko
  10. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I would like to know what class you are to be getting 96% + hit rates as a fighters cause I have yet to see it. Even with 100% Strikethrough, which to sacrifice that many stats to get is gotta be killing your other stats, I still dont see how you are hitting this high.
  11. Genghes Active Member

With those stats and not taking I could see that high of hit rate, but not in front taking
    xkrisx likes this.
  12. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Maybe he has discovered the secret to tanking from behind. Cause ya know, as scouts always say, its better from behind. :)
  13. Rasttan Member

You can hit 90-93% melee and 98%+ overall hitrates with 90%+strike through and 30%+ accuracy and a good raid set up
  14. Koko Well-Known Member

I would like reports of the following...
    Encounter Name/Duration
    Swings/Hits
    Weapon skills
    Stikethrough
    Accuracy
    Weapon Type
    List of every debuff on the target (lol?)

Data logs or it didn't happen. Unfortunately your comment is useless in determining or manufacturing any useful formula or correlation. ='(
  15. Le Clown Active Member

well there's your problem OP.

also, why u throw intersepshin so much?
  16. Rasttan Member

Run your own ACT you dont need to be so scientific thats what the rest of the world does

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad357/Rasttan/Sontalak.png
  17. Koko Well-Known Member

I grew impatient with the rest of the world. ='(

Was the mob facing you?
  18. Rasttan Member

Of corse it was facing me, I Tank everything we pull unless it requires multiple tanks. That parse was in My Def AA spec, with the gear in my EQ2U profile on. I have many parses with that hitrate, it can be done if you put the points into strikethrough and get enough accuracy buffs from dirge/druid and have good raid debuffs.
  19. Koko Well-Known Member

Interesting, thanks. I love data.

I can impose accuracy, strikethrough, and weapon skills numbers onto your profile to simulate a raid, but exact numbers are always preferable (if you have them). :3
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

I've started working on upping these stats on my zerker. Reforged excess stats (such as atk that I kept above 200 before for flurry) into strikethrough. Adding the 3 strikethrough purple runes to my gear instead of CB, and may do the same for accuracy if the slots aren't the same and I don't have enough reforgable stuff.

Will still keep dps/atk soft caps and MA at one extra hit. Will report back any news, still need to do some tweaking then run some zones.