Mirage Mastery (Illy's Mythical Spell) Bugged?

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-illusionist, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Edavi Guest

Edgard wrote:
    WHOA! I had shelved my Illy due to massive suck (thanks SOE) but my inability to power regen had alot to do with it! Is this still happening!? I have been using said wand, did they fix it?
  2. ARCHIVED-buffquinn Guest

Edavi wrote:
    No it still isn't fixed and I have pretty much stopped playing my Illy as well. Borked regen and constant pet and spell recasts was getting very old very quickly.
  3. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

Klive@Mistmoore wrote:
    Its a bug, but I dont think SOE reads illy forums anymore. My mantra is /bug it every day. Maybe one of these days someone will actually look at it.
  4. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

I bug it every day. I bug the personae bug every time it happens. I bug and bug and bug....
  5. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

I just /bug the issue again. They are going to start ignoring me before too long...
  6. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

The latest. Bug whenever you see it happen and give a list of the error message and buffs you have up.

Hello Chock, this is GM Gaunsky responding to your petition.

I've actually very recently looked into exactly this issue and was unable to pin-point what causes it. Furthermore, it seems to correct itself over time. Unfortunately this means I can only ask that you do one thing, and that is submit a /bug report report regarding the issue. In your report be sure to include as much information as possible, including what error messages you receive, what buffs you have active when this happens, and anything else which might be of relevance to the issue.

I am sorry there wasn't more I could do here Chock, and if there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.
  7. ARCHIVED-Edavi Guest

That really erks me that it can be legitimatly broken for SO long.. its one thing to nerf us to kingdom come (which im not happy about) but its another thing to leave a bug in game for so long. I guess ill be taking off my wand until i hear otherwise... SOB SOE
    We really need some love.. /sigh We got Zerkers blowing everyone to hell, and here we are, gettin already weak spells resisted and error messages
  8. ARCHIVED-EvilAstroboy Guest

Chock wrote:
    Thats hilarious. So how does it 'correct itself over time'? Do the Illusionists bugging the issue stop summoning their pets? Or just stop logging in?
  9. ARCHIVED-buffquinn Guest

Chock wrote:
    The GM was obviously not being genuine because all you have to do is zone a few times to recreate this problem and it happens all day long.
  10. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

buffquinn wrote:
    I will just strip myself of all buffs and zone, that will be a short report.
  11. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Chock wrote:
    I've taken the exact opposite view. I'm logging EVERY SINGLE BUFF ON ME DURING A RAID.
    Oh and all the harvesting tool buffs.
    And the LON illusions.
    And my group illusion
    And all the buffs on my pet.
    And a trade skilling potion. For good measure.
  12. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

vexrm wrote:
    Bwhahahah! You crack me up!
  13. ARCHIVED-buffquinn Guest

I logged in this morning to find that the bug has not been fixed. I was shocked, just shocked. My kingdom for a dev response, at least conceding that it's a bug they are looking into and haven't figured out how to fix it yet. It's been almost 4 months and to my knowledge no red names have even commented on it.
  14. ARCHIVED-Anduri Guest

buffquinn wrote:
    Of course not, they're too busy itemising furniture for raid zones.
  15. ARCHIVED-Xelgad Guest

About Soothing Mind and Malefic Fury - the proc does work with the Wicked Wand of Malice. For some reason, the Malefic Fury proc activates the power restoration instantly, so the buff never shows up on you. It does apply to the group, and it does restore your power.
    As for the pets vanishing, our QA department is looking into the issue and trying to reproduce it. For some reason, we can't get it to reproduce internally.
  16. ARCHIVED-spun14 Guest

Xelgad wrote:
    Pet likes to poof zoning into the newer instances and happens every time i zone into Tox raid zone if that helps you guys out.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ballads Guest

Edgard wrote:
    Do you mean when they goto BG's and back and bug out the buff so it stays up with out the item not equipped ?
  18. ARCHIVED-kaeleth Guest

Pet disappears on me when I am grouped/in raid. Never when alone. Kinda wonder if it doesn't have something to do with necro buffs...
  19. ARCHIVED-Ebarel Guest

Xelgad wrote:
    sorry, but the pet bug is easy to reproduce. just zone 5 times while in group/raid and it will happen at least once.
    want to make a quick and dirty fix? remove the conc slot requirement from persona for the time being. that wont hurt balance (nobody levels illusionists anyway now after their destruction) and the few remaining ones with their epic/buff wouldnt be bothered every other zoning.
    it looks to me that the re-application of buffs (myth buff) after zoning is screwed due to lag/whatever. so when you finish zoning you dont have your myth buff (at least that is what the message says, not enough conc) so pet drops. Like having a "delay" in that buffs application.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ebarel Guest

Xelgad wrote:
    oh, and almost forgot, thank you for being the first red name reading and replying to this forum this year/decade/whatever!! Noone here expected that to happen any more. There may still be hope that our class might get fixed before Everquest 3