Mirage Mastery (Illy's Mythical Spell) Bugged?

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-illusionist, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-illusionist Guest

I've just completed the quest for my Myth Clicky but I'm seeing two bugs with it.
    1) Soothing Mind isn't procing at all. I found myself out of power during the middle of a group so I looked at my ACT and found its not doing anything. When I say it's not doing anything, I am not talking about the "illy power nurf." My ACT says the proc was working just fine until I turned the quest in. But now, the proc on the spell doesn't seem to be doing anything. (Yes, I've tried recasting the spell multiple times.)
    2) Everytime I zone my pet spell cancels.
    So unfortunatly, theres no way to revert to my old mythical until SoE fixes these bugs. I'm finding myself having more power issues from extended fights so I just thought I'd give other Illies a heads up and suggest to wait on turning in your myth for a spell maybe?
  2. ARCHIVED-tbkib22 Guest

not seeing either of those issues personally, just checked my logs to make sure it was proccing and it is, and pet has been fine while zoning
  3. ARCHIVED-Raeyz Guest

I am having the same problem. Mirage Mastery does not proc Soothng Mind.

My groups run out of power very fast now.

I do not see the problem with my pet, it stays persistant from zone to zone.
  4. ARCHIVED-Edgard Guest

I've read on the illusionist forums from eq2flames that if you have the Wicked wand of malice equiped it will NOT proc your "myth" proc.

GG soe
  5. ARCHIVED-Carizia Guest

I didn't notice about Soothing Mind, I'll have to check once servers are back on.
    However, the pet cancelling when I zone is definitley happening, at least to me.
  6. ARCHIVED-EsztiEdgedancer Guest

7 days later than the last post... and the problem still persists... actually if you read whats happening, the mythical spell reapply when you zone, it says your rapidity couldnt be maintained anymore since you dont meet the requirements and also goes for the pet therefore it reset.
    FIX it plz, very annoying thing.
  7. ARCHIVED-spun14 Guest

I /bug'd it about a week ago and its still happening. Seems the last couple of days its happening more with the pet. Zone and poof pet gone, error msg with the pet could not be maintained. I'm not sure about the mana proc, i'd have to parse it to check it out but havn't had issues with keeping my groups powered.
  8. ARCHIVED-Edavi Guest

Reedy@Crushbone wrote:
    This I have definatly noticed! Pets take so long to cast and it does it to my pet alot too, how annoying
  9. ARCHIVED-buffquinn Guest

I am having all of these problems as well. My soothing mind is not procing and I keep losing my pet, along with all the buffs I had up on my pet, it's a pain to keep recasting it and rebuffing.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ebarel Guest

yes, very annoying. /bugged it several times. But we are completely ignored with the destruction of the class so why bother about some cosmetic things for Illusionists. The few that are left hopefully quit before any more effort or fixes are required.
  11. ARCHIVED-buffquinn Guest

Do any Dev's check the Illy forums? It's been over 2 months and these bugs still exist. Almost every time I zone I loss my pet and all the buffs I had on him along with my rapidity spell, which means every time I zone I need to recast 5+ spells. Along with that soothing mind is not procing which is a huge hinderance to my groups power regen abilities. What is worst of all is that I can't go back to using my real myth because we no longer have it. So I'm left with either dealing with the constant recasts and lack of power regen or stop using the spell entirely untill the issue is fixed, if it's ever fixed that is, and both of those options are unacceptable. Lets work on getting this rectified shall we? This is more then just a burden, it affects our abilities in groups.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jacobian21 Guest

Carizia wrote:
    I am definitely having this problem as well, but it doesn't happen EVERY time I zone.. just sometimes. Most often seems to happen when I'm zoning into a raid zone :p
  13. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Soothing Mind proc is blocked by Wicked Wand of Malice.
  14. ARCHIVED-buffquinn Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Indeed it is, but the knowledge of what is causing it isn't a fix. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Snickerdo Guest

So did we decide whether or not the pet dropping on zoning is a bug? Mine doesn't drop on every zone, but it drops very regularly. It always drops when I zone into an SF instance. Just kind of annoying to uncast the shrink, cast the pet, recast the shrink. I get a little message that my personae couldn't be maintained because I no longer meet the requirements.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ebarel Guest

i am sure it is working as intended. Illus would be too bored running around after zoning with nothing to do.
    We even do not have to reapply buffs after death any more (just the 5 conc spells, TC and IA and the pet - ups, thats all our buffs, forgot that) - so why be bored after zoning?
  17. ARCHIVED-Anduri Guest

Its a bug. Anything else would be ridiculous (not ruling that out though).
  18. ARCHIVED-Carthrax Guest

Ebarel wrote:
    Poor baby.. 2 peaceful links, Coercive healing, enraging demeanor, sirens stare, velocity(thank god its grp wide now), and hope there's a trash mob around that I can PE
  19. ARCHIVED-buffquinn Guest

Klive@Mistmoore wrote:
    Yes it is a bug, a very annoying and burdensome one at that, and we are still waiting for the devs to consider it one worthy of being fixed. 3 months and counting. At this point I'd take my old myth back, using my level 83 pet, in favor of going through this garbage whenever I zone and not having my soothing mind proc. I'm amazed actually there aren't more Illusionist posting about it, it's probably being over looked because the thread is so small. Ramp up the complaining folks.
  20. ARCHIVED-Anduri Guest

buffquinn wrote:
    There would be more complaints but in comparison with the other class issues we have at the minute, its pretty insignificant.