Minimum Deflection Chance vs. Shield Protection Value

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-circusgirl, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Because brawlers avoid more on our own there is a lower chance for the avoidance lend to trigger and as a result we get much less benefit from it.
    This is why I've been a proponent for giving plate tanks different kinds of survivability lends instead of all avoidance lends--for example, giving warriors an ability that adds 20% of their mitigation to the brawlers (without penalizing the warrior like pledge of armament does), and giving crusaders an ability that gives hp, damage reduction, or some other survivability stat based on their own survivability to their target.
  2. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Here we go again...I see you are moving into the offensive personal attacks tactic again. Where at all was I crying about avoidance. I am just stating what looks to be proven facts and showing the difference. You are the one completely down-playing avoidance. Really, you seem to think that 10% avoidance advantage is some static number when the truth of the matter is as strike-thru increases on mobs (harder mobs) the larger the gap in avoidance will become. You have been shown to be wrong quite a few times in this thread and obviously it has you in a corner where you think everybody is against you.
    All that this thread is showing is that yes Brawlers in fact have a significant avoidance advantage over plate tanks, and as mobs gain more strike-thru the more that advantage will become. Nobody is attacking saying this is wrong. I like where Brawlers are right now. They tank great and have survivability like they never had before, than they can turn around and DPS extremely well, and with the addition of some nice Brawler 2h weps they are going to see some big increase to AE DPS.
    Of course, you just can't seem to get out of that mythical SK shadow....
  3. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Bruener wrote:
    You assume incorrectly that SOE is going to increase strikethrough as a balancer for further progression mobs. There is no actual evidence at all on this in fact if history is any evidence you can just look at the end mob in TSO and see that Munzok didn't strikethrough at any special rate. So basically you are making things up as usual.
    The funniest part of course you completely ignore the fact that not one mob in this game so far flat out does more melee dps then any healers can heal a tank through and most wipes occur because of massive AE's or fail scripting to make your joke of an argument.
    In the end I have to wonder what game you are playing or what mind altering substances you are doing while playing EQ2 because clearly your observations aren't even close to reality.
    Also since you keep trying to push up brawlers to take the spotlight off your OP class I will have to point out while brawlers can tank fine and dps fine they can't DPS as high as an SK or tank as well as an SK and they certainly can't do both at the same time like an SK. All you are doing is pointing out your own classes overpoweredness when you try and point at other classes nobody is buying your garbage.