MERGE THE SERVER ~GUK~

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Darkweapon, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

About a guilds worth I think.
  2. hellzelves Member

orly? what guild?
  3. hellzelves Member

nevermind i got caught up
  4. Epixz Member

only 1 guild coming in isnt enought.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

No, it isn't especially when the only reason they are coming is they can't contest Avatars on their own server. It is not a hidden fact that Guk is weak in terms of Raiders... there are maybe 3 guilds worth mention.
    Kraeref likes this.
  6. Lempo Well-Known Member

There were 3 guilds worth mention on Everfrost, what is your point?
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

I did not know the layout of Everfrost; so you have corrected me, your point?

Edit: My point was Avatar's are easy to contest, the guild that transferred basically wimped out.
    Kraeref likes this.
  8. Khatar New Member

Ill LOL at this ridiculous comment. It not because we can't contest Avatars on Everfrost, we came because its more bountiful on Guk. And your comment was supported by what?
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Bountiful is being used as a euphemism for "easy" in this statement. You (as a guild) knew Guk has an overall weak raid-environment save 1 guild; Kharma. After all wasn't PV originally from Guk? You (as a guild) knew you would only have 1 guild to compete with as opposed to two guilds on Everfrost; on some level it is true PV transferred because they wanted less competition. That is what the statement about them being unable to contest on Everfrost was about.

PS: I personally have no problems as competition means it keeps my own guild from getting lax about doing content and I like having a fire behind me (or ahead) to keep the blood flowing. It gets boring being uncontested.
  10. Crychtonn Active Member

PV was created on Everfrost about a year an a half ago. When two long time guilds Saints of Norrath and Heavan and Earth got together and decided to try a merger instead of continuing a cycle both guilds where in of constant recruitment / people leave / quit game. And it's been a great new guild for everyone that stuck it out through the rocky start you get when merging two raid forces.

Moving to Guk was the smart move. If the only guild there post multiple times they will only kill Avatars during raid times and never get on before or on off nights. Why wouldn't people take that vs competing against Asian guilds that raid when your at work and raid alliances where your competing against giant call list. On EF I'd seen as many as 12 people camping a single Avatar vs Guk where an Avatar would sit up for days before it was killed.

If it wasn't us it'd have been someone else. We aren't the first to move servers as a guild and we won't be the last. Dispite this thread and the people calling it dead I and the rest of PV think Guk is a pretty cool server. Met a lot of cool and nice people already. We have our guys that like to run PuG raids on the weekend starting them up here and we've had lots of people sending us positive comments on us joining the server.

Don't forget us moving also made it less work for our old competition on EF. I doubt they felt bad seeing us move knowing their Avatar work load got a lot easier and less stressfull.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Oh I know, I am not bashing anyone in PV for their choice. I fully understand it, were I in you shoes I would do the same.
  12. Cube Active Member

Oh I know what it is like Oasis was a ghost town and boring before it merged that is why I quit the game like 3 years ago before it merged and came back just now after I found out about the free to play biz. I still don't know If I want to go gold account and pay again.

I am still stuck on oasis and it is not all that much more populated but better than it was. Antonia bayle server is more my speed though but I don't think I would pay the ridiculous price for a server transfer token unless it went on sale.

And that is too bad If I cold change servers to one I like with ease I would play more and spend more money but they have a stupid transfer fee nobody wants to pay and too damn high. $5 max is more than enough. I h ave to do this like 3 times for every character on oasis to get off it and the cost is not worth it I rather just not play. most of server tramsfer seems automated anyway.

Oh and buying server transfer tokens don't work so it is even more of a joke I can't even buy any.

If they want to shove oasis and guk on the same server I would be for it.
  13. Crychtonn Active Member

Farm some plat (which is easy). Then use the plat to buy Station Cash cards. Use the SC to transfer where you want to go. No need to spend money.
  14. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The only reason server transfers are not cheaper is they do not want the entire population to migrate to 1 server without control.
  15. Cube Active Member

I am sure they can set up limits if they really tried. like you only get 1 transfer a month and can only have 2 characters on the server and when there is too many don't let anybody else join it until it goes back down.