MERGE THE SERVER ~GUK~

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Darkweapon, Feb 26, 2013.

1. hellzelves Member

with all due respect I was there. While I cannot condone how anti was led. (was def more of the same and how you just described) Svet had lost touch. t was as I said a split mentality (and i liked Svet.) he needed to set clear goals either we are gonna push and raid and kill and these are expectations (the ones i joined with and was told upon joining what was expected of me) or we are gonna stick with casual and kill what we can (not adorning, adorning wrong, not buffing and speccing correctly etc) MV would have survived and lost a few people either way but the call had to be made one way or another. To be fair to Syspiria wasn't necessarily him being a ****** he just didnt really wanna lead and let the inmates run the asylum and refused to take a stand one way or another when it mattered.

Having seen how my current guild is run though... I could never go back to any other way and expect to seriously raid. Amazing combo of loyalty and focus. Just how it should be. Your spot is safe if you are showing up when you should and doing your job to the best of your ability. The competition is fierce and still fun. And everyone is in on the jokes. You make member you are Shoukin. Period.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

As I said, I was an outsider bearing witness. So thanks for the clarification. Still doesn't change my opinion of how Anti was ran. I am glad you are enjoying yourself in Shoukin though, I talk to at least 1 member from time to time just about tips and random stuff ;)
  3. Feara Well-Known Member

Agree, I don't pay to lag.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Free transfer for every character on account AND guild halls.
  5. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

I thought that was you, Savvy, when I read your Cheerios comment. Thanks for clarifying. Glad to see you've found a home with Shoukin. Of all people, you deserve it. You were the one who got me to Guk, one of the people largely responsible for trying to make MV work even when it was starting to fade, and someone without whom Antithesis could've never formed.

Sucks the way they treated you there in the end, but I kind of foresaw the excrement hitting the exhaust before that and had already high-tailed it back to AB before things got really ugly. Anyhow, I'll put you on my friends list in-game and make sure to bug you strategically during raid times when you're pulling the most difficult encounter of the evening. :)

<- Keldred btw, if you hadn't figured it out. (Some hater/admirer took my name on AB while I was in exile on Guk) :p
  6. hellzelves Member

Guild halls would be tricky. They would have to use a similar process to the one they use to name a new leader if the leader is absentee because if there is more than one account in the guild moving the guild could start crap if not everyone is on board. Though a solution for guilds who vote to move could be having everyone drop but the leader then asking for the transfer? Then you have the ******* leaders kicking people and not giving a choice though. IDK kinda touchy without a full server merge. All for free transfer for every toon on the servers they are thinking of eliminating though if they are considering eliminating. I'd rather have guilds/ players choose where to go then get two low pop servers thrown together.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Keldred... that is the name of my sisters dragonkin character. Real mean one too, but that's what happens when you have a chibi-dragon for a slavemaster.\

Anyway, Guk is hurt I will admit that but is is not "Dead" not yet. Merges will happen when they happen and one probably will happen this year.

Save your guildhall layouts and pull them out of your folders. Drop all the old stuff in a crate and re-load the layout.
  8. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

hehe Small world. I actually randomly happened upon the name after many others were taken (e.g. Kelgrim, Kelgrom, etc.).

Is the name actually from anything in fantasy or did she just randomly select it too?
  9. SentinelBasch Active Member

A week, really? Wow, that's very unfortunate. I see live players every day, everywhere I go.
  10. hellzelves Member

KELDRED!!! Haha yeah I apparently pee in a lot of Cheerios!

/Blushes. Heh nice to hear :) I really just tried to help best I could /shrug. Part of my problem I think I am a fixer and a doer! I can't sit back and wait and watch sometimes! Please do bug me!!!! Unrest.Savvette is my main at the moment say hi anytime :) I just may ignore you during those pulls!! Have to win the chanter parse afterall! though if Ori is in raid that is a lost cause... for now! muahaha

And yeah sorry just decorating the hall on Guk for that event Saturday I run into people in my travels and poke into lots of server convos so there are people on Guk :) be more social Coldmetal! or whoever it was complaing about not seeing real players!
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

She made it up to my knowledge. Though it is a real name people have. Just Google it and you find a number of "Keldred's" in the world
  12. Ilyriel-Jentara Active Member

Nagafen seems like a pretty slow server as well.
  13. EvilRade New Member

it's the same with Harla Dar
  14. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Unless they are moving Guk into freeport or AB I'm not really interested in a merge, tbh.
  15. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Time for one server, under Brell, with liberty and Antonica Instance 13 for all.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

I hope that never happens. Server Merges are a sign of declining Playerbase... I would rather they put more time to making Low Level content more appealing to run by say, making Drops worth it again. Currently any Fabled item from level 1-80 is worthless with some very rare exceptions. I know I would do low-level grouping more if perhaps my level 30 could actually benefit from running Ruins of Varsoon again rather than just sitting there in his Reactant Gear.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  17. hellzelves Member

Hate to break it to you Estred but there IS a declining player base. Would take something pretty special to attract some really active new people.

I think everyone has a server they would prefer to merge with for their own reasons if they have a preference :) But I think they will do what makes sense on their end when they do. I still vote give everyone on a closing server a transfer token and 30 days. Then move the rest by default to whatever server can use the people /shrug
  18. Humakt Member

Just merge Guk with Splitpaw (EU English server) =P
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

I know there is, I however do believe there are methods to attract and retain people through good game design. However that is very rare and games do die. MMORPG's for a "very long" lifespan age roughly 8-13 years before going to dust fully. Will EQ2 be an 8 Year? or a 13 Year?
  20. Ilyriel-Jentara Active Member

I heard some people recently transferred to Guk.