MERGE THE SERVER ~GUK~

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Darkweapon, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Darkweapon New Member

Please Population Stinks Here We Need A Merge Now.

Elder Scrolls Anyone?
    Cube and Feara like this.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Just please don't merge us into the next higher dieing server again, as you have the last 2 times Guk/Nektulos/Lavastorm has been merged.
    Feara likes this.
  3. Elostirion Well-Known Member

I'm curious... what guild are (were) you in?

Just asking because a certain guild that recently imploded again seems to have most of the people asking for a server merge.
  4. hellzelves Member

server merge would be good for population but scares me with lag :(
    Feara likes this.
  5. Jolemai Active Member

Is it that time of the month again?
  6. Epixz Member

it s always that time of the month for a few people ;p
    but guk is terrible so i cant blame em.
  7. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'm on Guk. It is horribad. I never start these threads but I do always agree!

Populations look low enough that we should all be combined down to 3-4 servers.

If I were in charge, I would move everyone not on about 4 main servers that had played in the last 2 months to AB or Freeport OR Give each player their choice with a account move token. Then I would flag every account not moved because they haven't logged in in the 2 months with a automatic move to 1 of the four left servers, and move every character on that account when they do log in to the server the player chooses. After all server moves are now instant, and require no dev attention. Dead accounts stay dead and don't muddle a good server. Although with modern database schemas, accounts that are not accessed have zero@ impact on performance. You just can never be sure with what they used on the back end, well at least I can't.

Everyone in my guild but me last year moved to Freeport, then they all quit the game completely. This late in the game it is extremely hard to come on a new server at 95 and qualify for other people's attention. And for me with 28 level 95/320 characters moving isn't financially viable.
    Feara likes this.
  8. Darkweapon New Member

SERIOUSLY MERGE THEM

Not in the guild that starts with an A either lol
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Just to say this, I haven't seen either of you LFG in the channels. I don't really think you can call a server dead if you aren't looking for groups. I find one easily in 10-20 minutes, perhaps I have more patience than most players. They will merge servers when they feel it is ready.

There are already rumors of this so really I wouldn't be too up on hackles on trying to push this through. Btw Antithesis' explosion/folding was due to interguild problems from what I understand. Players with large ego's or high opinions of themselves conflicting. Most of them went off server anyway.
  10. Epixz Member

How can you have 28 characters when there is only 25 class in the game?
  11. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Awesome. I'm allergic to drama so I hadnt checked into it.

But its not as if we're really rid of them, is it? They'll still troll /Raid?
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

4 accounts 3 bards for different makeups, 1 spare healer. For when i tried to 4 box.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Commonly, I ignore it.
  14. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

Still killed Kharma in progression. Just saying. (I was a founding member.) Couldn't have been fun watching a newly formed guild surpass a long-standing one in less than a month and systematically kill every avatar as they'd spawn. (And unless you know the whole story, you probably shouldn't tell it as though you really do.)

Anyhow, having left AB to join Moloko Vellocet, then helping form Antithesis before returning to AB, I can tell you that one is feast (AB) while the other is absolute famine (Guk). I hesitate to call it a backwater server, but others have and it's an apt description--so why not?
  15. hellzelves Member

now now. I used to be in Anti, I left before the implosion. I wasn't good enough or I pissed in someone's cherrios or something and I found out an officer was forcing a vote to boot me for some ****** who made people hate logging in so I found a happy home in a top 5 instead, but yes i still mess about in guk.raid! I have been on guk since 2007 and still have semi active toons there. So go ahead and ignore me Estred!!! muhahaha. As for the other trolls idk who is on whose side anymore honestly. Same people talking trash on eachother a few weeks ago now formed a new guild on Oasis /boggle.

Some servers prob could use a merger even taking one or two more out of the equation would be nice. LOVE The idea of giving everyone tokens and 30 days to get out of dodge and pick a server and having the computer merge the rest :)
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

I knew plenty of ex-anti members. Kharma had pleanty of reasons they couldn't contest Avatars such as over half our raid usually can't log in earlier than 7PM EST when Antithesis killed Avatars at 5-6 EST. Also pleanty of Anti's members were extreamely rude in guk.raid channel and while a few (notably 3) of Kharma's members were also rude by far it was more waggling from Anti than anything else.

Antithesis was formed after Molloko Vellocet, a long standing guild mind you, was destroyed and from I hear it was due to the people who came from AB. So really I have no respect for pleanty of ex-anti members; not all though. I respected Molloko Vellocet as a rival guild, not once did I respect Antithesis.

As for you Hellz... why would I ignore you? I just ignore the channel from time to time, not hide off my back what you wish to say. I stayed in Kharma dispite Anti trying for almost 2.5 months to recruit me because I was not impressed by the attitude the guild seemed to flaunt which was a backstabbing everyone for himself free-for-all as to who got to raid. Yes, you guys locked down Avatars, congratulations. Yet on days Kharma got there first, we also killed them so you can't say that you were better; just that you had more flexibility than we did.

However, Kharma is still standing atm and Antithesis is not. As per merging servers I am indifferent. It will happen when it happens. I was from Nektulos myself and I still consider myself a Nektulosian so really what happens to Guk is beyond my concern.

Also, let the whole topic of Kharma/Antithesis drop here. Any member of either guild knows that plenty of heat/hate when between the two. If anyone decides to quote me here with more stuff about the whole progression/avatars/guilds well, have fun speaking with yourself.
  17. Owli Member

As some one who used to be in Antithesis and had left a month before the impulsion, the Guk server is definitely one of the lowest population servers out there.

Only thing I will say about Antithesis is that I hated how they would flame you in your look for guild thread saying you were terrible when they voted you to be member unanimously two months prior.
  18. hellzelves Member

I left a month and a half before i guess then? 2 months? idk! wasn't very long. oh and Estred <<< Savvy/Sylestia/Savvette :p

Also you dont know a thing about why MV folded. It was a split mentality, hardcores who wanted to keep the guild relevant/ get it back to relevant versus people who were ok with the bare minimum and we were forced to take a side when it came to it.

I (in theory) believed in what Anti wanted to do and tried my best to help that happen. But I agree with Owli the second they don't need you it is all about how fail you are ... pretty lolz. Still so confused by raid chat most days. But amusing. And Estred you better know who I am before you deny ignoring me!!!!
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Oh I know who you are. I also only know what I can know by having spoken to MV members before they folded. As I said before I respected Svett in terms of how he led that guild. I do not respect Syspiria though the way Antithesis was ran to me screams "win or we feed you to the lions" which really only devours itself the moment you run out of people to munch through the roster.
  20. Lyyle Member

When I realized I could go for more than a week without seeing a real live player amongst the NPC's, it was time to leave Guk. It really is bad there and has needed a merge for at least a year. Free transfer weekend would work too.
    Feara likes this.