Mepps' EQ2 Survey

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Dude, Feb 2, 2024.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

My guess and this really is just a guess ... is that only the first question matters. The fact that all of Daybreak's games are getting the same survey at the same time sounds like someone is gathering data to make a business decision.
    Tkia, Breanna, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  2. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

Really don't see how a game's future would rely on that one question, when you don't have the data to back up, what would not only make the game better, but get more people here and ultimately for the company, make more money. How would they use the data for one question, without know there why or why not. So, if the 1 and only question is below 50 percent pack it all up and go? That has no accuracy what so ever. Because if the answer is low or very low, I myself would want to know why, and what could I do to improve that and make it a 10... but then that's just me trying to make sense lol
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

That one question is only one data point. What is the game's potential for growth compared to other games in the company's inventory? Given the age of all the games, the likelihood of positive or negative word of mouth from current players is probably a solid gauge of that. Compare that to some internal target, cost of maintenance, cost of further development, current revenue, and other internal data would give a pretty clear picture of what should be cut and what should be saved.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That is one thing about this survey that they couldn't do with the in-game mail, I think. /nod

Uwk
    Siren likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hell, it could have been "suggested" by our Swedish overlords (don't get me wrong; got nothing against Sweden, or the fact that a real game company finally picked us up, but their expectations may be a wee bit high) to see if they need to cut just about everything DBG loose. :-/

But I do love all the suggestions for questions Ghostouls had! :)

Uwk
    Dude, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  6. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I believe that responses to the optional question: "Do you have any other thoughts you would like to share with the team?" will be parsed by analysis software, then produce a list of the most common expressions/terms. Sure, some may be manually reviewed, but I believe we all know that most will not.

Some of these parsing systems are poor at understanding expansive, nuanced messages. From my experience with them, I would suggest keeping any answers to the optional question very brief, and to the point.
    Tkia, Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, keywords. /nod

Those of us who have Google accounts...hmm. Isn't there a way to do documents in Google that doesn't require having an account with them? :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  8. Sedient Active Member

Sure hope this isn't the canary in the coal mine.
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

No goggle account - can't do survey. And not intending to get one.
    Tkia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me neither. :-/

Uwk
    who thinks they could let us send in our comments in the in-game mail survey, if they just provided a link to a page that was only for that purpose (and something all of us could access, not just on Discord or TwiXter or whatever these days), rather than responses getting lost in the forums...

EDIT: Waitaminute, what'd be wrong about referring us to the EQ2 Home page in the in-game mail, and setting something up there? You know, that site we can get to by clicking on the big, ginormous "Everquest II" thing at the top of the forum pages? ;->

Or remind us that there is such a thing as /feedback in the Chat Channel line command area... ;->
    Twyla, SolarFaire and Geroblue like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If you have youtube, you have a google account.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It is possible to make a fake Google account for every stupid thing you want to do.
  13. Sedient Active Member

Not accurate. Totally possible to browse and watch youtube without a google account and in fact.. if you browse youtube while logged into a google account all you're doing is feeding the data machine and asking to be targeted.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tkia like this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If I log into youtube, I have a google account.

edit: If they are tracking me, I get adverts for places I don't live and wouldn't go to. My guess is their algorithm is incapable of doing much beyond wasting advertiser's money.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Neither Da Hubster nor I login to YouTube; we just watch stuff passively. ;->

Uwk
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My opinion is they can still track your IP address if you go to a site.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Probably, but my ISP is pretty nicely paranoid about that, as is my techie hubby. ;->

I have gotten "tailored ads" on Facebook after going to other places (as has my hubby, due to his association with me... X-P), but not YouTube. ;->

Uwk
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My opinion of youtube is they are rather scattered. I get adverts for stores over a hundred miles from where I live. Not driving there.
  19. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I did have to chuckle when I saw the survey. The above is correct that the two questions were pretty meaningless. And it is funny that the application for a guide is much more Indepth that the game survey. o_O

Sadly, I don't believe that they really want to know the players general feelings currently, I was pretty blunt in my survey response. The fact that any of our public answers are strictly policed and many accounts have been banished for speaking up or speaking their minds. I don't believe the game simply has the resources it once had to be able to dedicate to the players surveys or responses. This game was once great, but over the years has sadly fallen to only a small semblance of dedicated players that have been here for decades. So much effort has been placed on bottlenecking the players, slowing down their progression, absolutely time waste management to the extreme of the multiple coin farming. The chrono dungeons are a waste of time even before the nerf to their coins returns. Nothing was done to the cost of status or chrono coins in order to make them worthwhile to run. No one wants to waste their entire game time playing old content in chrono dungeons for adorns etc. that should be dropping in current content or bought with current content coins outside of chrono coins.

Just my thoughts,
    SolarFaire and Geroblue like this.
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

This is a very limited access survey in every way. Ir's only being advertised to a sub-set of players to begin with via the forums as not all players read them. It is then being reduced to an even smaller sub-set of those by the need to have a google account.

But all that aside, Dude may have hit the nail on the head. If the motivation here is "We need to shed a title which one should it be?" Then the first question compared across the games is all they need to get the job done.
    Dude likes this.