Mepps' EQ2 Survey

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Dude, Feb 2, 2024.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

2. Zylara Well-Known Member

Yeah was thinking the same i do have a google acct but ever since my bank acct got hacked and the info on it was google i refuse to sign in to it
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I wouldn't click it and I work here!
    Jrox, Schmetterling, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

I didn't have to sign into anything to take it that I could see. It only had 2 questions: How likely would you be to refer EQ2 to a friend or family member, then what else would you like to tell the team?

Ah, to be a fly on the wall....
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Do you have a Google account you're already logged into?
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'm tied to Google calendar with an umbilical cord, so yeah, that makes sense. I stay logged into that one daily.
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  7. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would love to take the survey; but unfortunately it wants me to have a Google account and I don't have one. I came here to take it via the forums and same thing. Guess they are just kidding about wanting us to take it....too early for April Fools Day.
  8. Evilary Well-Known Member

I can see the star wars meme "It's a trap!" when I read your reply.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

I guess I'll just give my input here.

1. 0 - Not at all likely.
    2. If you want to hear from your players you ought to create some sort of "forum" where players can provide "General Feedback." In this "forum" players could post ideas about things that are going wrong in the game that are not really technical things, but things that are more about game play. The development team (or some sort of community engagement person) and players could then engage in a discussion about these posts in order to improve the game.
    GrunEQ, Avirodar, SolarFaire and 4 others like this.
  10. Evilary Well-Known Member

Number 2 is pretty much what I told them in the survey. They should utilize their own forum, which they created a feedback section. Don't worry, they'll probably listen to the survey about as well as they do their forums.
    Sentrasia, GrunEQ, Avirodar and 5 others like this.
  11. Zylara Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but yeah
    1) Wouldnt invite anyone to join these days, game is no longer as fun as it used to be with groupage and questing, its just all about the grind now and timesinks (and since I dont work anymore thats saying alot still)
    2) Basically as above
    Sentrasia, SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  12. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I really do wonder how much of the game's current state is being forced upon the players by the executives, and how much of the dev team actually has influence on giving the players what we want and need.
    Kattt, GrunEQ, SolarFaire and 4 others like this.
  13. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Have a feeling this survey will make about as much difference as the rest of them have...zilch
    Would like to be able to recommend the game to others, just cant see a reason anymore

There's not even enough of us left to mount a good protest.. possibly the plan all along?
    Breanna and Scrappyz like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Why do we have to login via Google? Whatever happened to flooding our mailboxes in-game with these? :-/

Are they running out of sufficient staff to be able to go through all the responses? :-/

Uwk
    who also hasn't done it, figuring it'd be enough to sign in on here to get access ('cause sometimes you can use Google to get into a site you might/might not have any account or password for; hopefully it'd work the other way)...nope :(

Answers:

1: Yes, likely, if the player was a) interested in decorating (I still think we have one of the best systems out there! :D) and/or b) was a math major;

2: Please, o devs, tell us you saved some of the old code, and can disentangle the not-fun aspects of it all nowadays from the more-fun ones from bygone days, and restore some of that (but NO crafting sub-combines! :p)... :-/
    GrunEQ likes this.
  15. Snowmoon Member

I rarely post on the forum, but I logged in for this lol And not just about the Google thing, which was a borfed choice.

My main beef: It only had two questions. TWO QUESTIONS.

That's a survey? Absurd. At first I thought it must be a joke, or my browser was redirected (nice moment of panic, thanks). Talk about zero effort. I'm trying to understand why I'm so angry about it. The zero effort and question #2 is likely why.

I know I'm spewing right now and I try not to in general, but here I am spewin'. :eek: speeeew!

What are they expecting to reap with that survey. It's useless. I clicked thinking perhaps I had a chance to see what their concerns are, while aiding with a response... but c'mon, this was an absolute joke. Was it an accidental post? A placeholder draft that wasn't intended for use? Honestly, it felt like something management would throw out in order to quickly scrape up support or "reasons" for some shenanigan they want to justify doing.

Didn't they used to do surveys via in-game mailbox? Feel like those had more questions on them, or better ones, though I could be misremembering. Somehow, those didn't seem vague or inutile and I didn't mind responding.

"Do you have any other thoughts you'd like to share with the team?"
    As others have stated: they're sitting on literal yeeeeaaaars of forums posts. it's a feedback goldmine. Is that not working for them. Are the players who make their voices heard held in such low esteem? Also, the forums aren't so outrageously busy that you can't keep up with browsing for feedback and general player feeling, even if you aren't visiting every day.

Yessss, why not do this via inbox. Or just NOT google.

Ok, I blew off some steam and yes, I know they said it was an 'exceptionally' short survey. I'm not mad for the sake of being mad, but I'm still confused at what use such a short survey will be.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Hi Snowmoon! Good to see you back here!

Even though I sure gave them a piece of my mind, I liked the choice of questions and the brevity. Instead of being forced to answer overly-general questions that have nothing to do with my ideas and complaints, they left it up to the individual to get right to their own points.

Just my two copper!
  17. Snowmoon Member

That's a great way to look at it, I wish I had considered that angle. I know I've felt useless when they've asked about things like raiding in surveys, which is irrelevant to me. So this would have been a good chance to respond without restrictions.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Only one question. And an area to saying some feedback.

I did it, but not enough of a series of questions.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

20. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

Really DBG.... Why did you even bother??? Do they even understand what a "survey" is for?

"The main goal of a survey is to collect data that is representative of the group being surveyed, allowing researchers to make informed decisions or draw conclusions."

1. How likely is it that you would recommend EverQuest 2 to a friend or colleague? One a scale of 1 to 10
    2. Do you have any other thoughts you would like to share with the team? Add comment

Do you really want to gauge the entire game just these two questions? What about:

How long have you played this game?
    What was your favorite Xpack?
    How many characters do you have?
    Do you Adventure Play?
    Do you Tradeskill?
    On a scale of 1 to 10 how interested are you in Tradeskilling?
    Is the current state of Tradeskilling adequate?
    If not, why not: (leave comment)
    What would you like to see as a Tradeskiller: (Leave comment)
    If you have alternate Characters, how many do you play Adventure, and how many Tradeskill?
    Over the past few Xpacks, what was the best thing that was added?
    Over the past few Xpacks, what was the worst thing that was added?
    Do you feel DBG and DarkPaw have adequately reach out to the gaming community to address their needs and wants?
    Is DBG and DarkPaw doing everything they can to advertise for more New players to come and play EQ2?
    Daxdd, Beee, SolarFaire and 4 others like this.