Master II Choices and why.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Godsbane, Sep 16, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

44: Offending stance pre-60, at 60 i respeced and went Frenzy, bonus dps when mentoring is nice. If i'm mentoring i'm usually not the tank, dps is my role at that point. (note: i did not respec specifically for frenzy, i respeced to change my resists to cold. since that is the berserker's tanking resist, may as well go all out)

54: I went Slay. I have Fearsome shout master1 already. My reasoning, high end raids you end up dodging AE's. If your dodging you get 25-40s to do max dps then your out again. Slay is a great punch dps skill, great when jousting epic mobs. (highest hit with Slay to date: 1567 :))

Fearsome shout. Taunts are number 1. If you dont already have master1, this is a sure winner.

Boil blood adept3 is 42hps, those 8~ hps per tick are only really effective for solo'ing.

Infuriate caught my eye, but the overall upgrade from adept3 did not seem worth while. Besides the use of Open wounds making +dps/haste incredibly effective. Typical auto-attack damage is only half your dps in a typical fight.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong for choosing differently. It all depends on your play style. Choose what you have fun with. These choices will not make or break your character.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rhayven Guest

55 zerker here. i have master 1 fearsome shout. adept 3 of others so i went slay and am loving it
  3. ARCHIVED-fierceleaf Guest

Fearsome Shout.

Message Edited by fierceleaf on 10-29-2005 10:25 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-dr4gonUK Guest

44. Frenzy
    54. Slay
    Works fine on epics for me.
    Damage, damage, damage.
  5. ARCHIVED-Grimmur Guest

for the newbs,

14: Wound

This ability really kicks out the damage and has a nice debuff attached to it, don't regret taking this one bit.
  6. ARCHIVED-Reynik Guest

i recently started playing again... right before i had quit i had been playing a troll zerker... i was very happy with his tank-ability and damage... i found that getting Wound at 14 was extremely helpful...

i mean... zerkers use DPS to hold aggro after all... why not have have a nice dot/debuff to gain hate with each tick?...

also want to note that before i with wound... i was able to solo blue ^^'s... i haven't hit 20 yet with my new zerker... but i think that will be the judgement of how bad ppl have been crying nerf...
  7. ARCHIVED-Rashen Guest

I orginally picked Slay. I have enjoyed this skill alot. This is good for raiding as well just like stated above. We do alot of avoiding AE so max dps for short bursts are pretty important.
    I still have my /respec so I am rethinking my choice here. I do agree that the adept III version of Slay will probably be good enough. With the recent change to dual wield weapons and the increase in auto damage I am starting to think infuriate is a good choice (current do not have adept III in this one). I was thinking about Fearsome shout as I do alot of AE with a Warlock and we do seem to have some problems with taunting groups...just like everyone else. Unless of course I use insolent Gibe.
  8. ARCHIVED-Daramh Guest

34 Weapon Shield, worked fine for me when soloing
    44 Offending Defense, great help !
  9. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Infuriate is what i took at master 2 and for one reason... it can be used in all situaitons.... If they change how offending defense works then ill respec but till then Infuriate is the way to go
  10. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

I was also going to take this master II at 54 but decided to go with Fearsome shout simply because atm, War Call overwrites Infuriate. So when you proc Infuriate you goto 25%, when you proc War Call you go back down to 21% unless you can get the Master I which it is then the same as Master II Infuriate then you arent losing anything reguardless of which one procs.
    This could be a bug, and the higher percentage one shouldnt be getting over-ridden by the higher tier berserk buff simply because its a higher level. I still have a /respec left, so if they ever decide to fix this, ill be changing from Fearsome Shout to Infuriate, unless i get a War Call Master I, then ill just stick with Fearsome Shout. If i ever see a Fearsome Shout Master I for sale, ill more then likely go Fearsome Shout Master I, Infuriate Master II and War Call Master I this way im sitting at a constant 25% all the time reguardless of which procs.
    But still, doesnt matter which way you look at it, Adept I War Call for example should not be over-riding Master II Infuriate.
  11. ARCHIVED-Nitz Guest

Dinged 44 earlier this week and went with Frenzy since I tend to be a junior tank in guild groups so DPS seemed the better choice.
  12. ARCHIVED-R2Chief2 Guest

13. ARCHIVED-eakm Guest

I went with Fearsome shout.

First and foremost our job is to hold aggro. The better we are at holding aggro, the harder the DPS classes can hit without stealing aggro. In effect, having maxed out taunting can increase the DPS of the entire group, and also make for a more stable group.

We're really not a damage dealing class, except in group encounters, and spells like slay or haste only effect the single targets. At level 60, tanks should not be worried about dealing damage (when tanking). It's nice during the grind up, but at 60 it's just not important. Holding aggro is king.
  14. ARCHIVED-Godwrath Guest

15. ARCHIVED-FlameingInferno Guest

I went with Infuriate for LVL 54, I think the self zerk is one of the most important abilitys for us. It is what we do, it is who we are, and the more you go berzerk the more damage you do all around. if you look at slay in a group battle you can use it once maybe twice? but you go berzerk all the time (at least ido) so i would imagine that i could do more damage than he slay ability by itself. If anyone has any info on this that they can post it would be great.
  16. ARCHIVED-Shahut Guest

Fantastic input from everyone.
    I have recently returned to playing after a 4 month hiatus (don't you hate having to deal with RL) and have a respec available to me so I have been avidly digesting all of the info.
    I am primarily a solo player so will take Frenzy and either Slay or Infuriate (still deciding).
    Just for info, here is a tally of the Lvl 44 and Lvl 54 choices as listed above...
    Lvl 44
    • Berserker Assault nil
    • Off. Defense 5 votes
    • Frenzy 5 votes
    • Weapon Guard nil
    Lvl 54
    • Infuriate 8 votes
    • Blood Boil 2 votes
    • Fearsome Shout 7 votes
    • Slay 7 votes
    Keep up the good work folks and keep the votes coming.
    Shahut Lvl 50 Berserker
    Lavastorm Nektulos Server
    Message Edited by Shahut on 02-07-200601:05 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-blaero Guest

since you're primarily a solo player...if i were you i would go with Frenzy for sure at 44
    then at 54, depending on what your infuriate is at, Slay. little extra dmg coupled with a long stun sure doesnt hurt when you're soloing
  18. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

I took Slay because I already had Masters for all the other ones :p. IMO Slay is he best pick due to the fact that we don't have many single target attacks that deal high damage. Slay is great for named singles because you can open up with a big DD + Stun, then land your other 2 stuns (3 if you are using a shield) If you cast OW and Ramp prior to attacking, the mob is usually dead before it's unstunned. I also use the Captain's Vouge with Some T5 fabled gaunts that proc stun so the stunnage on my zerk is just insane.
    Message Edited by SugarGirl on 02-07-200601:37 PM