Master II Choices and why.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Godsbane, Sep 16, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Tankpuller4 Guest

choose blood boil for your lvl 54 master spell. Its VERY useful when tanking since it makes your power regen 50+ per tick during fights. It will allow you to keep aggro better because you'll have more power, and you can go much longer w/o breaks.
  2. ARCHIVED-konofo Guest

Except Blood Boil is HP regen, not power.
    najena.konk
  3. ARCHIVED-wcheet Guest

anymore lvl 54 zerker choices pls?
  4. ARCHIVED-Pinche Vato Guest

I took Slay Master II.

At 398 Str it was about 1163 dmg max. I can check exactly tonight. I took it because I had the rest at Adept 3 or Master. And because I was hoping it would be my mini HT for duels.

Even though last night in a less than buffed group I was at 335ish str, and it said 1026 max, it hit for 1140. I even moused over the descrip as it went off. Max was 1026 and it landed for 1140.

Not sure what the Adept says it is, but I dont think if I had a respec I would take this again. Even though it gets used everytime it refreshes.
  5. ARCHIVED-hakedu Guest

i took Slay too. With 292 str the damage ist 325-975, raid buffed it's about 1100 if i remember correctly.

the spell is really nice for soloing and hunting nameds. i took it because i still have the respec, but i will not change it, it's just too good.
  6. ARCHIVED-konofo Guest

I found Fearsome Shout to be superior to Slay as a 54 choice because the most important part of Slay (the stun) is not improved by the upgrade to Master II, whereas Fearsome Shout gained 100-110 points of threat per target, just going from Adept III to Master II.
    A couple hundred extra points of damage every 60 seconds is not critical to me. A 100+ threat upgrade per target every 20 seconds is, especially considering that holding aggro can be somewhat challenging when in a defensive mode.
    najena.konk
  7. ARCHIVED-hakedu Guest

I found Fearsome Shout to be superior to Slay as a 54 choice because the most important part of Slay (the stun) is not improved by the upgrade to Master II, whereas Fearsome Shout gained 100-110 points of threat per target, just going from Adept III to Master II.
    A couple hundred extra points of damage every 60 seconds is not critical to me. A 100+ threat upgrade per target every 20 seconds is, especially considering that holding aggro can be somewhat challenging when in a defensive mode.
    I agree that Fearsome Shout is better for raids. But if you are soloing and playing in small groups, i think Slay is really a good choice.
    Most of the time i dont fight in defensive mode anyway. Either you dont need (against <= yellow mobs) or its not good enough too hold aggro (against orange mobs).
  8. ARCHIVED-wcheet Guest

this is all good stuff, thanks guys!!
  9. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

I took Infuriate simply because A) it's haste, and you gotta love haste, can never get enough of it. B) It's an always on buff.

Fearsome Shout is a very nice option I agree. Especially for a raid MT. Group Tank it's still very solid especially with recent agro problems but I felt Adept 3 was enough in that department.

The bit of extra haste when infuriate goes off (which is quite often ;) ) just edged it out for me personally.
  10. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Slay is a very poor skill (high power cost, long recast, damage range is too wide so gives low DPS, stun doesn't upgrade).
    Already had Fearsome Shout at Master I (but would have chosen this if I didn't).
    Blood Boil didn't seem worth the upgrade.

So I took Infuriate and have been happy enough with it. The increase in DPS gives a much larger result than upgrading any single attack (particularly Slay).
  11. ARCHIVED-hakedu Guest

Slay is a very poor skill (high power cost, long recast, damage range is too wide so gives low DPS, stun doesn't upgrade).
    Already had Fearsome Shout at Master I (but would have chosen this if I didn't).
    Blood Boil didn't seem worth the upgrade.

So I took Infuriate and have been happy enough with it. The increase in DPS gives a much larger result than upgrading any single attack (particularly Slay).
    Hmm, Slay is a very important skill for me, but i guess it depends on your play style. I use Slay as opener on nearly every fight against a single mob because of the stun (devastating press would be another option, but i seldom use a shield). Slay + Frenzy is a good aggro builder at the beginning of a fight as well.

I'm not sure about Infuriate, i thought the Master2 will not improve my DPS by much ( maybe 5 DPS ?). Has anyone more solid numbers ?
  12. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

at 54 i took infuriate since i have Fearsome shout at master, Slay at ad3 , blood boil at ad3..... I didnt even upgrade infuriate when DoF launched since i took Focused Rage as a master 2 and it was gtg all the way to 54
  13. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

hakedu wrote:
    Hmm, Slay is a very important skill for me, but i guess it depends on your play style. I use Slay as opener on nearly every fight against a single mob because of the stun (devastating press would be another option, but i seldom use a shield). Slay + Frenzy is a good aggro builder at the beginning of a fight as well.

I'm not sure about Infuriate, i thought the Master2 will not improve my DPS by much ( maybe 5 DPS ?). Has anyone more solid numbers ?
    [/QUOTE]
    My point with Slay is that as the stun doesn't upgrade going to Master II, you can use any quality and have the same effect. The only thing that increases going to Master II is the damage component, which (in my opinion) is very poor. Sure, you can get some nice 1100+ hits with it, but you'll get just as many hits at 300.
    Even if you use Slay every time it's up for 148 (!) power, you gain about 2dps average having this as Master II over Adept III.
    Being berserk with Master II Infuriate gives 6.7% more autoattack dps than Adept III. As I typically auto-attack at 250-300dps, or up to 1500 with Open Wounds, meaning the Infuriate upgrade is worth 15-20dps increase (or up to 100 with Open Wounds running).
    The only times that the Infuriate upgrade isn't worth it is when I group with certain classes that put me over the 100% dps or haste buff caps, but this isn't common enough for me to worry about it.
  14. ARCHIVED-hakedu Guest

I still have the respec, so i really want to know how good Master2 Infuriate is. But the numbers just dont seem right to me.

1. The upgrade from Adept3 (21%) to Master2 (25%) is just 4%. Does 4% more attack speed + 4 % more dps add to 6.7% (the description confuses me a bit:) ?
    2. Does Infuriate really add to open wounds (or some other CA like rampage)? I thought it just adds to the auto-attack.
    3. What about War Call ? I guess it overrides Infuriate (which is good since its a group buff). So i would say most of the time Infuriate is not proccing.
    4. 250-300 auto attack seem to be very high for me. But since the hastes do not multiply (20% haste + 20%haste = 40 % haste, not 44%) the dps increase seems to be lower anyway.
  15. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

1. 1.25 * 1.25 / 1.21 / 1.21 = 1.067... 6.7% increase to autoattack dps.
    2. Open Wounds makes your autoattacks hit multiple targets (2 hits on the main target + max of 3 other hits) and gives a haste boost.
    3. War Call is higher level, so if you have this on yourself, then it will block Infuriate procs, so remove this from the effects on yourself (right-click -> cancel from within your effects window, not the maintained window).
    4. Note I'm always capped on strength (440+) and usually have other haste and dps buffs up, etc, etc. But even if you only have 100 dps from autoattack, and the difference was only 3% from Adept III to Master II, it would still be much better value than the Slay upgrade.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sambora Guest

I believe both War Call and Infuriate at adept 3 are 21%....though I belive one has a higher chance to proc.
  17. ARCHIVED-hakedu Guest

1. 1.25 * 1.25 / 1.21 / 1.21 = 1.067... 6.7% increase to autoattack dps.

ah i see, good to know :)

2. Open Wounds makes your autoattacks hit multiple targets (2 hits on the main target + max of 3 other hits) and gives a haste boost.
    ok, unfortunately i havent it right now

3. War Call is higher level, so if you have this on yourself, then it will block Infuriate procs, so remove this from the effects on yourself (right-click -> cancel from within your effects window, not the maintained window).

didnt even think that i can turn it off just for me :), and i am pretty sure most of the other folks do not do that.
    but if you have both procs on, there should be a higher chance that one is proccing. Or is this irrelevant ?

4. Note I'm always capped on strength (440+) and usually have other haste and dps buffs up, etc, etc. But even if you only have 100 dps from autoattack, and the difference was only 3% from Adept III to Master II, it would still be much better value than the Slay upgrade.

just to throw in some number from one of my logfiles:
    Auto-Attack damage: 165 358 (with imbued cobalt great sword)
    gleaming strike 21 734
    Slay 33 742 (which is roughly the same amount like for Unyielding Battering at ad3)

So at least for me the difference in DPS is not that high. And a stun at Master2 should be resisted less than a stun at Adept3.

But anyway, i guess that infuriate is better. The only thing that confuses me a bit, is that i should turn off the group berserk buff for me.
  18. ARCHIVED-hakedu Guest

hm, just switched off war call for me. then i zoned. and what happend: war call was on again for me. Is this a bug or is there a problem with switching it off for yourself ?
  19. ARCHIVED-Laoch69 Guest

Level 34
    Mad Cry, undoubtedly.
    Level 44
    Offending Defense , fantastic skill to have.
    Level 54
    Fearsome Shout
    I am not level 54 yet, but I imagine fearsome shout would be pretty great to have
  20. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

i chose Fearsome Shout for my level 54 master2 as well
    i was tempted to go with Blood Boil for the extra hp regen but decided that having master2 on my aoe taunt was more important, and i'm happy with that choice
    i have ad3 on Blood Boil anyway which gives an extra 42 points of hp regen for a short time whenever it procs
    the master2 of Blood Boil i believe raises the hp regen to 50 points per tick, which i believe is a considerable amount
    but i feel that having the master2 of Fearsome Shout helps prevent it from being resisted as much and that's not something you have to worry about with a buff