Master II Choices and why.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Godsbane, Sep 16, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Godsbane Guest

Now that we have new Master II choices at levels 14, 24, 34, 44 and 54 it woudl be nice to see what everyone picked. Why you picked it and how it worked out. This will help all up and coming berserkers as well as all of us come the respec when the remove the xp bonus. This respec is confirmed per a post made by Moorguard.

Here is a list of the Master II we can choose from:

Warrior
    Level 14
    • Provoke
    • Rallying Cry
    • Shield Bash
    • Wound
    Berserker
    Level 24
    • Focus Rage
    • Enrage
    • Bloodlust
    • Raging Strike
    Level 34
    • Weapon Shield
    • Mad Cry
    • Infuriation
    • Screaming Fury
    Level 44
    • Berserker Assault
    • Offending Defense
    • Frenzy
    • Weapon Guard
    Level 54
    • Infuriate
    • Blood Boil
    • Fearsome Shout
    • Slay
    Now I realize some level 50's may not care what there low level master II's are but woudl be nice to get input for the low level zerkers out there as well as if we decide to mentor at some point we still want a useful skill.
    Please post what master II you seleceted at each level and why. Then post what your experience with it has been. Then post what you will pick when you get to /respec and why.

Level 14 Rallying Cry. best mitigation bonus for that level range. plan on keep this at respec
    Level 24 Focus Rage. Haste enough said. It has better haste than the level 34 upgrade at adept I, not sure about at master I or adept 3. Plan on keeping this as well at /respec.
    Level 34 Screaming fury. In combat regen of 41 hp per tick for entire group. I took this because it seemed grand at the time. Not sure if I am going to keep this oen or not at /respec. It seems useful but I have considered Mad Cry for the added taunt increase, however in groups I ahve not seemed to really need more taunt. I hear alot of people talk about Infuriation, but in groups I have had not issues holding aggro so no reason to provide buffs to anyone else. Weapon Shield is good, but it is also readily replaced by the stats of Weapon Guard at level 44. More input woudl be needed for me to change my selection here.
    Level 44 Frenzy. Highest dmg CA we get. I have repeatedly hit mobs for a combined total over 1k. Granted at times I have used the same art and only hit for 108dmg or missed entirely. Seems very consistent. At the same time however Offending Defense and Weapon Guard could be very useful. I currently use both in virtually every fight but there skill is only at adept I at the moment. Out of the 3 choices I woudl love to see the stats on adept 3 versions of each and pick which ever is the best set up. It is nice to do 1k dmg though with jsut the touch of a button.
    Level 54 None atm since I am only level 44 currently. I plan to take infuriate when given the chance.

Godsbane. Senior Officer of Shards of Velious on the Crushbone server.

Everyones input here is appreciated.
    On a side note I find the changes challenging. My ability to solo has gone down somewhat however, my skills in a group are invaluable. I have been selected as the main tank over guardians numerous times due to my sheer dmg output when tanking. I use the Heirophants Crook as my main weapon when tanking and was regularly outputing dmps greater than the assassin and ranger in my groups. I try to fight group mobs as much as possible which helps all my ae abilities. Vs single mobs the assassin and ranger or wizard would easily outdmg me, but on group encounters I ruled the day. This was over a 2 to 3 hour group session on 2 different days with similar group make ups.

Once again thanks for your time and input.
  2. ARCHIVED-kr8ztwin Guest

I just want to say that my Offending Defense Master 2 is mmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice. I think it offsets any damage you might pull with Frenzy. It has unlimited duration and procs 20% with nice damage. Frenzy does hit very hard but in a normal yellow con solo fight I only get to use it once. I also like the hate Offending Defense procs because I've yet to lose aggro using this skill.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

I picked Offending Defense as well (after having had the Adept 3 made, lol).

I think Frenzy might be better if you DPS more than you tank, given that Offending Defense is purely defensive use, whereas you can always use Frenzy.

The Infuriation/Vehemence line is interesting.. but ultimately not very useful imo. All tank classes get a line of this and it does NOT stack.

If a Paladin uses his on the Guardian, and you use your's on the Guardian, only one or the other will be active. If a monk uses it on you and you cast your's on someone else, it cancels the other. So it's kind of dumb imo.
    Message Edited by Sokolov on 09-19-2005 08:35 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-kr8ztwin Guest

so what do you think is the preferred lvl 54 Master 2 across the board?
  5. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

I have Fearsome Shout Master 1 so that's out, but with all the extra stunning mobs do now this skill might help. Altho it should work well without being Master...

I don't recall what Slay does, have to find a pic somewhere.

So.. leaning towards Blood Boil atm.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

Screaming Fury Master II examined as 41 Regen for me. Destructive Rage (App 4 I think) also examined as 41 regen. Is this a cap or coincidence?

As for the final choice at 54:

Infuriate: Possibly. Doesnt seem to be an upgrade version of this and I like to berserk.

Blood Boil: Again, possibly. No upgrade to this either?

Fearsome Shout: Is this on the same timer as Insolent Gibe? Would seem strange to get 2 AE taunts within 2 levels of each other. Probably wouldnt upgrade this if Gibe is good.

Slay: Probably not. If it's like Vanquish and you cant use it against the big boys I wouldnt rank it that high. Although it'd be nice for dueling and xping, this seems like a lower priority for me. Still, it's a pretty sexy choice, would depend on how good the other choices are I guess.
  7. ARCHIVED-konofo Guest

I chose Provoke for level 14, for no better reason than it being a new art, and I don't like having any Apprentice I in my book.
    I chose Focus Rage for level 24, because the +haste/+dps percentage is currently an improvement over my Infuriate.
    I chose Screaming Fury for level 34, for no real reason.
    I chose Offending Defense for level 44, because I already have a Master I Frenzy, and Adept III Weapon Guard. Weapon Guard would have been my second choice, regardless of the quality of my Frenzy.
    Coincidence. My Adept Destructive Rage is more than 41.
    Infuriate is probably where I would go right now. It helps whether you're tanking or not.

None of the four options are replaced by 60. Fearsome Shout are on separate timers (ditto for Rampage and Open Wounds).

Slay doesn't seem worthwhile, since the best part of the art isn't affected by the upgrade.

najena.konk
  8. ARCHIVED-tnefoote Guest

Adept 3 Destructive rage is 55 FYI.
  9. ARCHIVED-khurath Guest

Lvl 30 berserker here.

lvl 14, Wound. Never used it.

lvl 24, Bloodlust to have a huge bonus always on.
    Not so sure now: is it true that the Master II Focus rage is better than Rage or even Infuriate?
    I will check the damage bonus of Bloodlust and compare it to the damage bonus of Focus rage, and then decide.
    Btw, how is Tides of War compared to the Master II Bloodlust?

Bye.
  10. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

OFFENDING DEFESNE 4TW

My other choices, not that they really matter to me, were Provoke, Raging Strike, and Screaming Fury.
  11. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

At level 51 (not sure if the numbers scale anymore, or if stats effect them), Focus Rage (Master II) increased DPS and haste by 17.3%. Infuriate (Adept 1) increases both by 17.8%. It took a long time before I found an adept of Infuriate. At apprentice II, it increased DPS and haste by about 15%.
  12. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Ad3 Infuriate gives 21% haste and dps.
  13. ARCHIVED-konofo Guest

Master II Infuriate gives +25% dps & haste, at least as of a couple weeks ago.

najena.konk
  14. ARCHIVED-Renerk Guest

I also picked Rallying Cry at 14 and Focus Rage a 24, for the same reasons as original poster. But picked Weapon Shield at 34 (35 now) because I solo alot and don't get dangerously close to dying very often, I generally fight solo yellow and oranges in EL. So I thought just killing quicker would be better. Who knows what to pick, I really debated between Screaming Fury and Weapon Shield.
  15. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

I think that's a bug. I'm not sure it was intended to work that way. I believe that when they fixed stacking they messed up some skills. The same type of thing happens to healers with there direct heals. Might want to /bug it and make a post on the gameplay forum.
  16. ARCHIVED-aias Guest

Heya Berserks,
    Would like to hear your comments on the results of your Master 2 choices so far.
    Thanks,
    :robottongue:
  17. ARCHIVED-konofo Guest

I went with Fearsome Shout and have been happy with it. I might have chosen Infuriate, but there is some uncertainty regarding its compatibility with War Call.

najena.konk
  18. ARCHIVED-Larsenex Guest

39 Zerker here on Ab. I took Provoke, Enrage (aoe taunt), and Mad Cry. I play in groups and just did not want anyone to say I could not hold taunt. With the respec I would prolly change and take Focus Rage and maybe Weapon shield but I still think that Taunts are the way to go. Just my oppinion.
  19. ARCHIVED-Buggrit Guest

Lvl 36 Berserker here

I took Provoke Focus Rage and Mad Cry :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Azril Guest

I also took infuriate, I have one concern with this spell though maybe someone can answer. Procs dont double proc anymore, can anyone tell me how the procs determine order. For example with infuriate procing a ton is it overwriting dmg procs that could be going off instead? Compounded with stacking issues be nice to know if its best just to turn skill off when grouped.