Marketplace: New Mercenary Crates and Ultra Rare Mercenary

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Laylaih, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Supposedly the more status they are worth, the better mercenary they are?
    Belenos likes this.
  2. Dristlin Member

The idea of getting random non heirloom non trade able mercs does not seem very appealing if you think about it. They do not even seam to be account wide unlocks. When i looked at them there are only a couple i like the appearance of and the ellete super rares are not them. If I could I would buy the ones I like directly for the charters i play but getting some random and possibly repeat one is not very appealing. Perhaps make the mercs directly purchasable for a higher amount based on quality and you might get more people interested. Other than paying guild upkeep I do not have a a use for staus points so paying real money for something that if a repeat is just status points points to a waste.
    Belenos likes this.
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Just a thought, you have unlocked the use of Mercs - either by buying the AoD expansion/feature pack when it was available or by purchasing the Merc unlock for DBG coins from the marketplace - haven't you ?
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Terien New Member

Ok, here's an idea:

1 - Create a super merc of each class
    2 - instead of giving a specific merc when super merc is obtained, instead give a token which allows choosing ANY of the super mercs.

Problem solved...
    Livejazz, Nysa, Belenos and 4 others like this.
  5. Guurzak Active Member

I like that idea, Terien. If I roll an ultrarare on my crate, let me pick from any of the ultrarares.
    Livejazz, Belenos and Prissetta like this.
  6. Gilbert New Member

First of all, you all are talking like the people who run this game care. Second you are expecting someone in the making of this game to do more work. Rule one in programming. Use reusable code. When they made the Gambler at the docks that was there way out of every thing they program. reusable code. No work no problems lets go home. So Stop the ******** because no one at the company cares. p[ay you monthly fee and shut up... And of course the programmers are not wanting to make a change because it isn't reusable code and would have to be storyboarded lay out time generated for code following and a whole bunch of other stuff. Reusable code. just look at the new area what is it? It Zek with the same number of bad guys and they run the same routine. Only change is level and position and that is no big deal. Any real change to this game is Quest.... Naa just rewrites... I know Zones? Naaa you can see the rewrites and coding done because every once in a while you see thru the world and that is code reuse at it's worst. running along and the screen show blank but you are still in the zone so you move the mouse and blame you got graphics again. Reuse code flutter sign of lazy programming. So let stop wasting our energy and play the stupid game. I for one gave up on these cretins
  7. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I'd like to think they care about selling more pixellated "product" & thus making more money, but what do I know? Maybe ignoring the customer & not making more money is the new Business 101 mantra, just like not advertising is the new advertising.

In any event, one would think that a simple addition of "heirloom" -- which has been done elsewhere, I'm pretty sure -- isn't too much of a "coding" issue at all, so I'm not really seeing your objection, but, OTOH, thank you for bumping the thread :)
    Belenos and Prissetta like this.
  8. Guurzak Active Member

Yep, there's already a reusable code module for "let the player pick from a set of rewards", too.
    Belenos, Livejazz and Prissetta like this.
  9. brokenshieldd Active Member

You Know I wish they would start putting the elite Rare Mercs Back in game and you had to find them in the over land parts of the world. Not ones you have to buy from the Market place or get from chest drops Make people explore the world looking for cool Mercs.If they want to make a little money sell Merc skins instead of the Mercs them selfs.
    Nysa, Prissetta, Ishuna and 5 others like this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

That's actually not a bad idea, brokenshieldd and I'd second that.
    Livejazz likes this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

It would be pretty awesome if you could change how your Merc looked like summoner's can change their pets now.
    Avahlynn and Livejazz like this.
  12. Ishuna Well-Known Member

Agreed! Great idea brokenshieldd. I'd definitely buy a appreance wand type thing for mercs.

Edit to add: Agree too that it would be nice to have new mercs in overland areas.
    Livejazz likes this.
  13. Faelfreeblood Active Member

The problem is the new art, why bright red aviks and such? I suppose it was the same people that thought the new drakkin should look like bodybuilder versions of sigorny weaver or in the male case aging roughriders with pinkish wings.

The satyr is popular because of his race, not his class, The naga is coveted because she lovely and exotic, and big. People bought the eq2 drakkin because they wanted to play daron ashwing and a female version, not a weirdo with pink tinged wings.

They should be fighting with claws and wings only secondary. The fantasy aesthetic ideal with all its variations is pretty universal if you think about it, in some ways...and much of this is common sense.

Think why daron is popular. I guess people just don't get it these days, its like dr evil said, 1 calorie is not enough.

Ashwing is fierce,confident, aesthetically pleasing and funny, sho nuff. Who would not want to play something as slick and polished as that, and not some weakling?
  14. Majesty Active Member

I agree totally. I am all ready to purchase some of these if at least heirloom OR can pick which one. We can't be the only ones so hopefully the devs will listen eventually. You will get more people spending real money to support the game if you just fix this aspect of it. We really do love the work you guys put into all this!
    Livejazz, Nysa, Belenos and 2 others like this.
  15. Vlahkmaak Active Member

I would have to agree with others - just price them out ad I would pick up mercs for alt accounts and for my kids, but I am not gonna play the lottery and end up with a merc I do not want/need on certain classes at all.
    Nysa, Belenos, Ishuna and 2 others like this.
  16. Ishuna Well-Known Member

Just to add my voice..I've bought ( two.. three? no more than three ) merc crates when they first came out and shortly after but that was it and I don't buy any more because of the lottery thing. If I pay real life money for something, I want to get a specific item, I don't want to leave it to the rng gods of chance. At least make them hierloom. Heirloom and to be able to change the apperance, that would be my reeeeeally happy merc place.
    Livejazz, Nysa, Belenos and 1 other person like this.
  17. Taezya Member

I just wait every 2 months and use the DB cash I get monthly to buy a crate. I don't have anything else to use it on. I'm already paying for it. Which by the way is why I'm kinda pissed that they don't just drop the cash in your account every month without you bothering to log in if you don't want or can't. Are they gonna stop taking money from me that month if I don't play? NO. So why are they trying to cheat me? Anyway, that's not really my point. My point is if you sub what else do you use you DBC for? I'm not being snide or anything, I'm really curious what people are spending theirs on...
    Livejazz and Aelfan like this.
  18. Aelfan Active Member

So I have had a look at these new furies, and lo and behold there was a gnome female with quite nice kit! Oh! But she's DEAD!!!

Can we PLEASE get appearances and shrink ability for our mercs like we have for our pets.
  19. JDV_Crushbone New Member

And did they ever make a way that you can mute your merc? I mean I like nice conversation and all that but sometimes you just want your meatshield to shut his/her trap and do his job! If these guys were real players they would've been kicked from the group for being disruptive! :p
    Livejazz likes this.
  20. oldskool Active Member

I simply wish for a clear description of the class and tier of the merc. I don't want to alt+tab out of the game to look up the 'clever' description so I know if the merc is a Fury or a Wizard. I also want to know if its common or rare.

So instead of:

Blurt Grasplung
    <Tempest Mercenary>

I'd like to see:
    Blurt Grasplung
    <Common Defiler Mercenary>

Or instead of:

Archon Maia
    <Othmir Mercenary>

I'd like to see:

Archon Maia
    <Uncommon Inquisitor Mercenary>

Sometimes you can mess stuff up trying to be too clever.
    Livejazz, Nysa, Belenos and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.