Making harvestables no trade

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Indabuff, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Not as rare as the harvestables we are discussing. Look in the Staff Post Tracker, devs post responses to customer concerns practically every day. In fact, I have noticed a definite increase in dev responses lately. But they avoid some topics like the plague, most likely because they don't have an answer that will go over well. Even a simple "we're looking into the issue" would satisfy most people. At least for a while.
  2. Charlice Well-Known Member

It's almost like they can't get anything right.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

There is one particular player who has been harvesting for the T8 smoldering primordial fragments for 3 days now on my server, and he is so mad he's made a hotkey to file bug reports with his harvesting results. Says his hitting it every 15 minutes. Really hope he gets the server disco for it after all this effort :D He is most certainly livening up general chat in between the plat spams we're now getting after the server downtime yesterday morning (Freeport).

That particular primordial HAS been disco'd on 9 servers ( http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/818973111 ), but I wonder if the Fire Emerald/Blood Orange issue also affected the possibility of a primordial dropping from the shrubs. I would have thought the T8 would have shown up on more servers by now - heck the T10 one has been found on 10 servers.
  4. Neiloch Well-Known Member

They LOVE kronos. Its been a huge success for them, they aren't gonna do thing one to discourage it. I heard one dev comment on them as 'keeping the lights on.' Especially since they bent WAY too much to making things F2P and had to make the 'gold membership buff' and other benefits to actually subscribing.

Yeah, like bots who would be doing it more than anyone.

What? they would want to stop bots from harvesting them and selling them en masse driving the market place demand for them down, not harvesting and crafting them. Adorning skill has nothing to do with stopping bots, its the no-trade (not sellable on the market) that would be doing it.

In any event its just speculation since that is a result of it, but probably not the main reason. I bet its more of a 'test' or kind of census system to see how many individual players are willing to spend cash in such a scenario. The in-game drop rate is merely a token gesture since its lower than the rate for GM parts and every character of every level can use them so it become almost purely something to answer the question:
    'How many players are willing to spend cash at the CHANCE for a small upgrade that's best in slot.'

Reminds me of the lockbox's in Neverwinter Online that have a chance to drop equipment that scale with your level and are some of the best pieces around. It was so weird to get to the level cap and already have enough stats to play the highest tier dungeons lol.
    suka likes this.
  5. Laiina Well-Known Member

They should be Heirloom. If they can be commissioned I don't really have a huge problem with not making them tradable.
  6. Indabuff Active Member

I tried to make this work for me as I have two accounts and so I took my adorner out to harvest got one of the rares and commissioned with a toon on my other account to make the adornment. Well wont work that way. The toon you commission for has to provide all the mats so at the very least even if you can commission you have to harvest on the toon that wants the adornment.

Since the advent of Daybreak seems that the milk keeps getting soured a bit more. First off with the loss of many of the favorite devs around here. The customer support being cut to almost no existent as I am finding out trying to solve an account status issue. Just taking a look around forums you can see the issues. Every time souring the milk a bit more.

I don't know why they chose to make these no trade, would be nice to hear the reasoning on it but not holding my breath. I really enjoy this game, have since I started playing and have taken all the changes over the years in stride and adjusted. Whats been happening lately is slowly turning me off the game. Partly from frustration, and partly due to seeing how many are upset and fear of the game being destroyed from within. Sorry for all the negative here, but I just needed to state how I feel.
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

Bots couldn't sell them if they were heirloom. I don't think it has anything at all to do with bots.
    Even players stupid enough to try pot luck getting one on the MP, still need to level adorning to use them.

That's my short version.
  8. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

They shouldn't be heirloom or no-trade. Personally I don't think any item in game should be heirloom or no trade. People like to play the game a certain way. Solo, groups, raids, crafting, whatever. Each way has its merits and appeal to the individual player, each making plat in their own way. Why not open the game up and allow the freedom to play how you want and sell what you earn.

Edit: ok maybe not every item. But certainly not harvest items.
    suka, Charlice, Karsa and 1 other person like this.
  9. Charlice Well-Known Member

Just something else. 'they grow with you'. Is there a special dislodger for them? If they're supposed to be used as you level, how do you dislodge them to re-attune?
  10. Foretold Well-Known Member

I would THINK... although I don't have one of these elusive adorns so I don't know... but I would think the adornment dislodger from the AoM signature quest would work, along with any other standard white adornment dislodger.
    Charlice likes this.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Regular AoM dislodger works fine. Never occurred to me they wouldn't.

Well like I said even if discouraging botting wasn't the goal its being done anyway.

Being no-trade is a huge clue, so I think they are just trying to gauge the cash market and testing the waters with these items. If it was PURELY a cash grab they would have no problem making them tradable. Hopefully too many people don't buy them otherwise they are just gonna raise the stakes with something else like armor, jewelry or new green adorns that can be crafted 'in-game' the same way. Stupid rare to acquire with a chance to get them for cash, one way or another.

Just WAITING for lockbox's to drop in dungeons that need cash keys to open, ugh. All these changes just stench of a consultant that really has no idea whats going on. 'I read in a financial report these worked in 'Other completely different game' so it will work here too!'
    Alenna and Charlice like this.
  12. Charlice Well-Known Member

Ah, I had it in my head that the normal ones only dislodged green and up.
    I did think the AoM one would work, but considering these start from level one it's fairly useless as you level.

I have one of the rares from t10 but of course I can't make it. lolz.
  13. Charlice Well-Known Member

I hate lockboxes. I fear that's what we're in for.
    Xillean likes this.
  14. Sambril Well-Known Member

If you have one toon that completed the AoM sig line you can buy the dislodger ability from the merchant in Phantom and give it to alts (it is heirloom and costs about 12p IIRC).
    Charlice likes this.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Why would the AoM dislodging ability not work for lowbies as they level? Unless they've been designed that way there shouldn't be a reason why the ability wouldn't work.

I have some of the rares but haven't bothered to make the adorns since I harvested on a character I don't want the adornments on :p
  16. Charlice Well-Known Member

I didn't know you could do that.
    I harvested on a toon that's not an adorner. I have 2 max level adorners but they're low level ... I never thought I'd need more than that. :mad:
  17. Tylia Well-Known Member

That would be when I will just give up on this game completely. I become more and more disillusioned with every change. :(
    Tkia, Charlice and Xillean like this.
  18. Xillean Well-Known Member

I hate lockboxes with a passion and that was a big reason I quit Rift. If it happens here id be done, that kind of stuff never ends well
    Tylia and Charlice like this.
  19. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Have to admit I'm baffled by this entire thing.
    Charlice and Neiloch like this.
  20. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Doesn't fit with the concept of alts at all - harvesting for a lower level alt, found 4 of the things - fat lot of use lol