Luperza, EverQuest 2's New Community Manager

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

Salutations Norrathians,

Today I put aside my guns and purple lumifiber armor, picked up a sword and dagger, and grabbed my Journeyman’s Cloak! I think this means I am ready for questing, great PvP battles and raid bosses much larger than me. Right? Okay…Probably not, but I do have a new title that I am proud to wear – EverQuest 2 Community Manager.

Some of you may know me from past Fan Faires and SOE Lives, or from a variety of other places on the internet. I’m an avid gamer, streamer, anime and comic fanatic, and lover of esports, cute creatures and other things (yes, that says “other things” – deal with it).

SOE Origin Story
    I’ve been working in the game industry for over six years now. I’ve helped launch three titles for SOE as a Game Designer. For the past year, I have been working on the SOE Community Team on PlanetSide 2 which has taught me so much about the intricacies of building, maintaining and being part of a community. I’m on an ever quest to create and cultivate better gaming communities and I hope you will all play a great part in that mission!

EQ2 and Me
    As far as EverQuest 2 goes, I have been an avid EverQuest 2 player since way before I ever worked at SOE! I’m a bit of an alt-a-holic and I enjoy multi-boxing my whole group. Call me anti-social, but I call it efficient! I currently have a level 95 Defiler, Shadowknight, Dirge, Coercer, Inquisitor, Wizard and Paladin. I’ll be making a new public character that I hope to play with all of you!

So any guilds looking for a deadly Dirge with mad skills?

Blogs, Streams, Videos and Social Fun
    Along with my normal communication duties, such as the EverQuest 2 Website, Forums, Facebook, Twitter and Google+, I’ll be consistently updating my EverQuest 2 wikia blog as soon as I figure out how that formatting works. Hehe. =D I’m planning to use this blog to let you know about my adventures in Norrath and what’s going on behind the scenes here at SOE. If you have any other ideas, feel free to send them my way!

Also, I’ll be doing some fun streams either on my own channel or an official EverQuest 2 channel (TBD), as well as some new EQ2 YouTube videos! I’d love to know what kind of content you’d be interested in seeing or being a part of.

What of RadarX?
    You can catch RadarX’s adventures over on Auraxis in PlanetSide 2!

-
    Now, I shall read all your lovely posts in response! (Right? There will only be lovely ones?! =])

Cheers to many adventures and memories together,
    Tylia, Charlice, Windstalker and 7 others like this.
  2. Valenius New Member

Fantastic news. Best of luck in your new role!
    Luperza likes this.
  3. Calthine Well-Known Member

Oh HEY! Lookit that, a Community Manager we haven't had a change to drive crazy yet! Although with a PS2 background it'll probably be a short drive...

Welcome aboard!
    Luperza likes this.
  4. Endymion Developer

How do I do that?
    Aiden Warren and Luperza like this.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

awesome- i like you already. anyone who is an altaholic and enjoys boxing like me - that means you might understand some of the things i go through. and if you are loo9king for a guild, rings within the circle is always open to anyone who wants to join. some come in for a bit, decide it is not for them and leave but others come in and call it home and decide to stay and become officers. we are on the butcherblock server.
    SynnikuL, Kurisutaru and Luperza like this.
  6. Astealoth Member

Is our purple Vanu lady still gonna poke us on the PS2 forums?

EDIT
    Guess I shoulda read your post in their announcement section...

Why did you and Radar trade posts?
    Dulcenia and Luperza like this.
  7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Welcome to our forums :) ! So what's your favorite area in eq2 to quest in?
    Luperza likes this.
  8. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Hail Vanu queen !! I think Norrathians will tremble before...uhh..

Welcome anyway ;D
    Luperza likes this.
  9. Eggfu Member

it should be noted that on a google search for "Luperza" it suggests an image search term that includes "hot" in it. lol
    Luperza likes this.
  10. Shailas New Member

Planetside 2's loss is Everquest 2's gain. :(
    Luperza likes this.
  11. Kinya Active Member

Welcome to EQ2!

This I did not expect. I am really happy for this change but you are so much recognized as PlanetSide 2 person that I am a bit shocked :D

Anyway I really hope that since now you are EQ2 CM you will come up with some great streams for this game as well. I really would like to see such show showing EQ2 gameplay, talks with devs and with community. I have a faith in you :)

I also hope that we won;t scare you and you won't escape back to PlanetSide 2 in few months. We won't bite, I promise! (Well maybe a little bit)
    Luperza likes this.
  12. ramblinrod Member

Welcome, hope you enjoy your new post. :)
    Luperza likes this.
  13. NinjaTurtle New Member

Just a quick visit from the PS2 forums

Just wanted to say Luperza is a great community manager and you are lucky to be getting her so give her a big warm welcome because we will all be missing her. Good luck purple community girl

Now I'm going back to shoot me some dirty Terrans
    Shmogre and Luperza like this.
  14. Luperza Community Manager

There are soOo many places to mention, but since it's fairly fresh in my mind, I'd have to say Vesspyr Isles. The additional quest reward choices are awesome!

It's always good to change things up, especially when you've been working on a project for 3+ years. :) It helps widen our skill sets and provides us with new perspectives. I think I can bring a lot of great things to the EQ2 community.

Aww, thank you for the kind welcome!

I am definitely looking forward to creating some streams and videos with content that y'all are interested in. The ones suggested above are great and already some things I am talking with the Development Team about.

I am not worried. I think you should be worried...I might bite or just bust out my ban hammer. ;)
    Kurisutaru likes this.
  15. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Oh man. Praise Vanu.
    Luperza likes this.
  16. DreadRoberts Active Member

Welcome aboard, and glad to see ya!

Although, not to complain already, but it is customary for the new person to bring fresh bagels. Just sayin'... ;)
    Luperza likes this.
  17. Luperza Community Manager

Hmm...I was not aware of such customs in Norrath.

Well, I like bagels, so BAGELS FOR EVERYONE!! *do note that these are only virtual bagels and refrain from licking your monitor
    [IMG]
    Kurisutaru, Merriel and DreadRoberts like this.
  18. slippery Well-Known Member

This is good news
    Feldon and Luperza like this.
  19. Ainaree Well-Known Member

You sound pretty awesome!

The fact that you haven't locked this thread already leaves me optimistic about the future.
    SynnikuL, Errrorr, Kurisutaru and 5 others like this.
  20. Brighttail New Member

We can always use a dirge on Guk who knows how to res and stick things with pointy sticks.

Welcome to the insanity!
    Luperza likes this.