Luperza, EverQuest 2's New Community Manager

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

#1 EQN is an EQN question and should be posed either on their forums, or directly to Dexella, the community manager for EQN/EQNL.

#2 EQNext is a new game and thus would not be under any grandfathering. EQN will be a ProSieben game for players who appear to be playing from Europe. To stick with SOE, you'll need to appear to SOE to be a US customer. Nature finds a way. ;)
    Luperza and Spindle like this.
  2. Inobe New Member

Well as Both an EQ2 AND a PS2 player (All Hail mighty TR!)...still happy! (Even if you were a spandex wearing barney!...although Luperza in spandex aint so bad LOL)...welcome to EQ2 :)

erm...any chance i can bring my Rams .50 over?...would so rock for raids!
    Luperza likes this.
  3. Kander Developer

Welcome Luperza! We are glad to have you aboard!
    Luperza likes this.
  4. Aiden Warren New Member

She Has Become Queen Of EQ.
    Luperza likes this.
  5. beagley Well-Known Member

Not very often I get to say this but you are wrong here Feldon.

Actually if you look at the link I posted, its actually refers to an ambiguity in the new "All-Access" plan posted here on the EQ2 forums by SOE. It therefore belongs in these forums rather than the EQN forums. Add in the fact that we were promised clarification from the outgoing EQ2 community manager, then it is reasonable for the incoming EQ2 community manager to be aware of it and pick up the baton.

Again, this came from the All Access thread on the EQ2 forums if you re-read the original link. It isn't a debate about whether EQN is a new game (it clearly is) and the new All Access plan FAQ and thread clearly gives grandfathering rights to existing European SOE accounts not games. The fact you are stating that EQN will be a PSS1 game kind of makes the point that we need a formal answer from SOE on this.

Unless you are either party to some inside information that none of the rest of us do (which is possible due to dev discussions with your EQ2Wire hat on) or I've missed the official announcement (again highly possible, in which case kindly point me to it) I still think we are still awaiting the answer,
    Seefar likes this.
  6. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I also disagree with the way some look down their noses about boxing. Some may call it cheating, but I don't. Some may even call it antisocial, and to a degree it may be. But it it is also a good way to get caught up with those doing the new zones and fresher game content. I myself have many quests from older zones that require a group to do, where soloing is near impossible. I havent yet killed Anvilpaw and therefore the splitpaw saga is yet to be finished for me. In order to finish Confronting the Godslayer, I need to kill Perah Celsis, I would also like to be able to kill Trakanon so I can get the Chelsith Stone as a house item. But I also would like to get a couple of armor patterns from Silverwing for my assassin to turn in, not so much for the stats, but for appearance. There are several other quests that require a group to complete them, but the problem is that everyone now wants to do the new TOV zones, hell, I haven't even killed Ovilas Ironwing yet. Do you really think I'm bad for wanting to complete those quests? Heck I'm just trying to catch up any way I can and lighten my list of quests to do. If I could box all my tunes from one single account, I would be signing up with isboxer for a whole year subscription at least, in a heartbeat!

SOE needs to make it possible for multiple toons to be boxed from one account.
    kerry likes this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

I understand you want an official response from SOE, so I won't belabor the point except to say that we probably won't hear a determination from SOE about EQN and ProSieben until much closer to the game's release, which as per an unambivalent tweet by John Smedley, won't be until 2015.
  8. Rhaenys New Member

Welcome to your new home Luperza!
    Luperza likes this.
  9. Simi New Member

Welcome, hope u will have lots of fun :)
  10. Luperza Community Manager

We're definitely aware that the EQ2 forums does not reach our entire player base and that's why you'll be seeing me in-game on some public characters very often. :) We're getting those finalized and setup, so it'll be nice to spy...erm...hangout with you all.

Also, I am all for Dev Chats and that's something the Dev Team seems very amped about! So look forward to those things in the upcoming future.
    Seefar and Feldon like this.
  11. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Welcome Luperza!!

An observation from a longish-term player [amongst all the other suggestions and feedback you've been getting]: lately the information flow has been fragmented. Some information is posted on Twitter, some on Facebook, some on Reddit, some on the forums, and some information relevant to EQ2 has been posted in outlets of other games [for instance, when the new gold plan was introduced, the Planetside 2 forums got a lot of information directly from Smedley that was also relevant to EQ2 players]. In all honesty, I tend to get most of my EQ2 news from eq2wire [/wave at Feldon], it's the one place I can count on to have the relevant scoop.

If there is any way to be sure that the various announcements aren't exclusive to one media form, that would be an awesome help. It's a lot of information from a lot of different people, and I think it would end up being really helpful to the community as a whole.

Thanks for listening...looking forward to seeing you around Norrath!
    Luperza likes this.
  12. Luperza Community Manager

I understand the concerns regarding this, but there's not much I can do to stop our President from posting wherever he decides to post. :p

Also, it's really good for our Developers to be on other social networks as they target a much larger audience which is fantastic for player growth and retention. It also makes people realize that each one of us working on these wonderful games at SOE is a real person with our own lives, providing a glimpse of that to those who follow.

What I CAN do is make sure wherever we post that that information is easy to find on your EQ2 networks!?! :D What does that mean exactly?
    • For instance, if Smed or Holly says, "X" or "Y" on Reddit, I will make sure it's also posted HERE on the EQ2 forums, so that you don't have to go digging or searching. :)
    • I can also consolidate any EQ2 Tweets made by various EQ2 Developers, etc. Although it may not be RIGHT away as I am only one person and I have many duties, you can note that I will make certain it's available to you in a timely fashion.

How does that sound? Nays? Yays? I definitely want your feedback on how I can better consolidate information that is branched out to other networks, so feel free to give me your ideas, questions and or concerns!
    Sambril, Xillean, Avahlynn and 4 others like this.
  13. beagley Well-Known Member

Commisserations - I have one of those type of Presidents at work too!!:D

A huge Yay from me. I'm a bit old school in believing that info on my chosen game should be in the official forums for that game and all this new-fangled social media leaves me a bit cold. 90% of Facebook and Twitter appears to be banal "noise" and I have no desire to sift through the minutia of whos had what for breakfast and what their favourite coffee is in order to unearth the interesting nuggets:rolleyes: Anything you can do to get the important information clearly posted in the right place would be much appreciated.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Been there. It's like herding cats <grin>. Besides, it's rare to have an exec so passionate and involved...no way do we want that to stop.:^)

That would be absolutely brilliant, and exactly what I was driving at: not stopping the flow, just making sure the news was passed on, especially here on the official forums. SOE is quite good at sharing information, and it's awesome that it's disseminated so widely and in so many places; having it summarized/consolidated on the forums would be *excellent*.

You rock.

[And Beagley, I feel you about Twitter...I was diligently following Smoke's feed for Landmark news, but now the news is a bit buried amongst pics of builds and the like. That's why Feldon's site is such a great resource for EQ2: he filters through the cruft for us [seriously, respect for all the hard work, Feldon]. ]
    Seefar and Luperza like this.
  15. Flatline Well-Known Member

Yay, Yay and more Yays

To put it bluntly, that is absolutely bloody fabulous!!!!
    Shmogre and Luperza like this.
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Luperza likes this.
  17. Luperza Community Manager

:)
  18. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Thank you for consolidating the tweets/announcements here. I already have to go to Obol and Jarsath to do dailies, I don't wanna add Twitter to my route!
    Seefar and Shmogre like this.
  19. Katz Well-Known Member

I doubt you can do anything about this but I think the forums logging you out and not being able to edit posts has decreased forum participation by helpful folks.

Informational threads cannot be maintained since the thread originator can't change or add new information. I really miss having those types of threads.
    Feldon likes this.
  20. dariusthegreat New Member

Yo lupe im dar on unrest and yes it would b nice to actually group with you as in GM need to be more involved imo but ty for everything and g'luck :)
    Luperza likes this.