Lord Vyemm and Alzid Prime ...

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-le Rêveur, May 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-TanRaistlyn Guest

Considering that almost every guild that raids being casual or hardcore has been beating this encounter for weeks if not months, I think you need to rethink a strategy on your own at this point.
    Countless posts here have actually walked you through what to do, and if you cant do it by now, I think its time to hire a new RL, or recruit some new blood. Might sound harsh but after reading 10 posts here walking you thrue step by step methods, and even tell you what classes can work its the only alternative left.
  2. ARCHIVED-3C HAVOK Guest

Its not random, Dont let anyone cast anything till hes at the main tank, This goes for any self buffs, reactives wards nothing at all. Also if its a marked person just have your raid stand at the cloud pad and have MT and Ot zone in then the rest of the raid come up and zone in. You can also have the mt get a target on Big V and taunt on pull or just have him cast one of his self buffs on pull to get the aggro.

You now have every piece of information to kill this mob if you still are having troup make more labs runs and gear up abit more.
  3. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

LOL ok the only thing I can add here is everyone should be under the dragon, including all healers and dpsers and whoever you have at the raid except the MT. After each AE have a healer in every group cast a group heal or 2.
    Its a REALLY easy encounter once you master it.

Ok, just have a pet class stand in the BACK of that room before Vyemm's arena. Pet Pull, MT rescue. MT stands at the top right. Dragon FACES the MT in the middle of the room. Once the cone goes off on the MT, everyone run in UNDERNEATH the dragon. Then just burn. To make it easier, keep a tank in the raid taunting as well as your MT, and if/when the knockup causes aggro issues, then have that tank rescue, and the MT then taunt off that tank. There are so many ways to beat this, though. That's just the easiest I can possibly come up with.
    Message Edited by DobyMT on 07-03-2006 03:31 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

We still split them and kill Vyemm first, and, no, we dont use a coercer or any tricky memwipe ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaellen Guest

Killing both together is more fun. :) It's like a teaser for Pedestal of Sky!

But seriously, if it's just the dragon, the strats above work just fine.
    - Pet pull, with your summoner at the back of the room and your tank beside him
    - He kills the pet and comes for the summoner
    - Tank pulls it off and keeps the mobs head in the corner
    - Rest of the raid position themselves anywhere NOT in the dragon's face, and beat him down
    - When he memblurs, if your second tank can't get it, the lucky lad or lass who does runs to the corner with the tanks and is either saved, or takes one for the team AWAY from the rest of the raid
    - Eat the AE and heal through it, or joust it if you absolutely cannot set up groups to keep people alive

If that all isn't working then it sounds like there's something more serious going wrong. Missing some key classes? MT setup? What's your DPS coming in at? Things like that.
  6. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

4 weeks running, we have killed Vyemm first and Alzid has refused to die. He still has the buff on after Vyemm is dead and he constantly heals at 13%.

Then this week, we pull them and the zone crashes and idiotic outsourced CS says their records don't show the zone crashed, which is BS, they never checked the records and I guess 24 people just all up and crashed and went to character select at the exact same time because all their computers were messed up at the exact same time or something. Of course, they are totally useless and will not reset timers or clear the zones and let us kill those 2.

They should just do away with petitions as they are totally useless. They could save a lot of money they are paying those Indians to handle their petitions.
    Message Edited by Scortch on 07-04-2006 01:56 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

Alzid Prime will ALWAYS DIE. I can't stress this enough. There is a random amount of times he will heal before he "forgets" to heal to 33% from 13%. LAst night for us was 36 times. I've seen it at 2 times. And in there, almost any amount of numbers, last night being the highest. Point being, Alzid Prime will ALWAYS die.
  8. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

and that is TOTAL BS.

It's BUGGED and they refuse to fix it. We already killed his MUCH stronger master, it's BS to make a raid sit there and do it that many times.

No, they just simply will not fix it.
  9. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

Lol, its not bugged this encounter is actually WAI. If you choose to split, you are being told by the game basically that you are taking a backdoor way to the encounter. So the game throws up a barrier. However, there is a miniscule opening in this barrier in the fact that eventually, Prime will forget to heal. Then you get a dead Prime, and a Dead Vyemm. BOOM. Not broken. Just autoattack prime for about 20 minutes, trust me, he will die.
  10. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

We always kill Vyemm first, and Alzid has never bugged for us. Must be something in the way you guys do it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Trener Guest

We just killed Lord with our raid alliance: Runnyeye, guilds: WoC & Re.. full raid (-2 DPS won't stay so long).
    Final tactic that worked:
    Scout using Surveilance, stays over Viemm and pet on arena edge. All raid waiting for him upstairs in direct view of arena, near closed door. Tank with aggro transfer from scout to him, stays down some steps from the raid on the edge of the agro zone where Alzid tracks. After Surveilance Alzid moving right to tank (8 times from 10 scout run back to raid alive, other 2 times - immidiately dead, but mob done what we needed), with Lord Viemm.. Tank steps back on stairs, Viemm moving on his place, Alzid stays fighting. Now tank have to move some to arena and raid have fun - killing Alzid who will heal himself. I took like 15 min for us: Alliz helaed 20-30 times, total damage we done was 3.9mln.
    After that we killed Viemm in small room before arena from one try (10-15 deaths). Loot was 2x fabled + M1. Achievment exp was like 80% methink, not measured exactly.
    Message Edited by Trener on 07-04-2006 04:58 PM
    Message Edited by Trener on 07-04-2006 05:00 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

We have killed Vyemm first now for 4 weeks running and alzid has bugged out everytime. Even just plain straight out pulling, no spells to split them to tank one at a time or anything. Tanking them both at same time. Vyemm dies, Alzid refuses to. We spent half an hour trying ot kill alzid and said the heck with it. Tired of this encounter being bugged for so long. It's time they got off their butts and fixed this.

Yes, his buff not dropping and him healing when vyemm is dead IS A BUG.

Even Locke has said it was a bug.
    Message Edited by Scortch on 07-05-2006 11:40 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Skylher Guest

i swear my guild is flagged to fail or something. Killed prime 4 weeks ago he healed 5 times. The next three weeks we have not been able to kill him. healed 80 times one week and we gave up, next week we gave up at 100 heals, last week 123 heals, 18mil hp's and he healed at 13% everytime. Used every debuff in our arsenal, saved all our huge hits, and he just doesnt die.
    The guild that finished before us had him dead after 7 heals,, i just dont get it.
  14. ARCHIVED-TanRaistlyn Guest

5 weeks running, tanking both at once, Vyemm dead first, Prime dead shortly after without a single heal...seems the encounter is fine, perhaps its something your doing to cause him to bug.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gaellen Guest

We've been killing him since the 4th week after KOS came out, every week. We kill them together now, but even when we previously split them we never, ever, ever had the problems you guys are listing. We had him heal, sure, but if you kept at it eventually he'd just stop and die. Worst case was about a 20 minute fight, although usually it was just a few minutes.
  16. ARCHIVED-R2Chief2 Guest

killed vyemm for the first time last night which was one of the best feelings ive ever had since after 5-6 weeks into kos energy vortex/change of encounter/general aoe's has wiped us week after week after week after week.......... often because ppl going to bed/up for work or whatever.

Finally kept to the tactic that sick of the russian roulette pull, i dont care what people say ive been tanking raids for a long time now and all my taunts land and he targets random ppl in the raid before choosing 'the one', took us 4 deaths of him choosing 'the one' who happened to be a bard doing nothing but smoking a cigarette and standing there, no buffs, no nothing...

Anyhow, took some advice, russian roulette pull finally went our way and we fought him in the arena (our letdown was that we persisted to keep changing our tactics most likely) and reset alzid using coercer, sweaty palms.. shakey hands... vyemm dies and im a happy relieved tank. Best feeling ever after so long learning how to do this encounter.

Anyhow - Alzid (although the buff under his name never came away, not sure if its meant to) never healed once, half a naked raid beat him to death. Maybe theres your tactic... get half your raid butt naked and hes to busy laughing at you to heal...
  17. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

The encounter is FAR from fine. The point is, he DOES BUG OUT and SOE refuses to fix it. Who cares if some people have not had him do it. MANY people HAVE had him do it and do it regularly.

Either they refuse to fix it, or haven't figured out how to. Enough is enough. If they can't fix it to work the way they want it to, then they need to change it.

Lockeye himself has admitted it is bugged.
    Message Edited by Scortch on 07-07-2006 01:48 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Maybe they're having trouble pin-pointing the exact cause of this problem in the code? And they haven't found an exact way to fix it yet.
  19. ARCHIVED-Aandien Guest

One easy way to fix it ...

Is to just make 2 alzid primes. The first one has 10000000000000000hp and drops no loot if killed. Get rid of the buff, its uneeded. When you kill Vyemm, it depops that one and respawns another easier version with the appropriate amount of HP.

That way everyone will have kill Vyemm first anyway which is what they apparently intended everyone to do.
  20. ARCHIVED-FuRiouSQ Guest

Or just bring a coercer with you, amnesia prime, kill vyemm, kill prime, wash hands and go home.