Lord Vyemm and Alzid Prime ...

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-le Rêveur, May 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Renpatsu Guest

2. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

Don't see how this is NOT the way SOE or anyone "meant" it to be. Don't see why it's considered an exploited loophole. Has SOE said that these (or any) mobs MUST be killed a certain way? I know you're not allowed to exploit things, but I really doubt this is an exploit.
    When we got to the mobs for the first time, we decided to kill Alzid first, and save the boss for last (common strat). We learned that Vyemm came with him, and then learned how to pull Alzid alone. We found that Alzid heals himself, and how to avoid it. No tricks really. Common, every day strats. No hocus pocus.
    I guess when SOE comes to someone in our raid force and says we're not allowed to do it that way, then we'll consider it an exploit, and find another way to do it (assuming they don't tell us that that is an exploited way too, lol). If SOE really doesn't want people to kill Alzid first, I'm sure they could do that. They don't have to put in a heal at 13%. They could put in a heal at every percent. Problem solved, must kill Vyemm first.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Because obviously if a mob continually heals itself at 13% yet you find a way around it, it's obviously exploiting the game mechanic behind his heal. Exactly like dodging SuperNova in Pedastal of Sky was!
  4. ARCHIVED-WAPCE Guest

Update: After a few weeks of an unkillable Alzid, we tried leaving the Coercer who split them dead through both fights. Result: Not a single heal from Alzid.
  5. ARCHIVED-TanRaistlyn Guest

Umm...we do it every week like that for months, as do most raid guilds. There are countless videos of beating the encounter this way all over the forums and guild sites...look around. And yes after each mem-wipe Vyemm will kill the person who gets the agro then re-assist Prime almost making his mem-wipe obsolete. We do this with 5 healers and a pally(healer) each week, its not hard, and doesnt take a large amount of time worrying about splitting/healing and all that horse poop.
  6. ARCHIVED-FuRiouSQ Guest

We use the coercer method int he eye room below vyemm.

-conj sends pet after vyemm, pet being parked at top of the stairs where coercer is
    -coercer uses memwipe on prime after pet engages clearing any and all agro + killing coercer, prime resets and watches vyemm die
    -vyemm agros conj heads to eye room
    -tank standing middle left side of the room if facing vyemm using the weapon rack as a corner pulls agro off the conj
    -get coercer resed and all buffs back up
    -kill vyemm with entire raid under his belly, on vyemms memwipe he turns kills his target then back on tank, res who died rinse repeat
    -loot chest
    -run up where prime is
    -kill prime with him NOT healing
    -loot chest
    -exit zone
  7. ARCHIVED-Soldancer Guest

-
    Message Edited by Soldancer on 08-25-2006 08:40 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

We never seem to have a coercer and have to go the long crappy way ... meaning most of the raid is up by the stairs, Someone hits Prime with an arrow while a conj sends a planeshifted pet at Vyemm to get his AOE Off and stall him, then the arrow shooter tries to run em to the stairs to hand em off to the tank (sometimes a relay is used) ... Vyemm gets hit with a taunt or something before he can do damage, and he's run up the steps where he breaks immedeatly. We fight Prime at the bottom of the steps and usually its a 15-20 minute fight, although this past week it was in the neighborhood of 50 minutes. Can you say "I need a shard please?" Over ... and over ... and over.

God damnit, i hope our coercers finally gunna be back......doing it that way takes way too long.
  9. ARCHIVED-Soldancer Guest

-
    Message Edited by Soldancer on 08-25-2006 08:42 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

Rubbish. Even with a Coercer there, we dont bother using him to split. We split Vyemm and Prime our way and kill Vyemm first.

A Coercer is not needed for the encounter at all.
  11. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

The encounter doesn't need to be split at all.

And no, it doesn't take some tank in uber gear to tank them both at the same time. Alzid is a puss.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mantua1 Guest

/cheer Arabel
    Arabel is correct - I have seen it with my own eyes. You just need to be focused and persistant
  13. ARCHIVED-Soldancer Guest

-
    Message Edited by Soldancer on 08-25-2006 08:39 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Teiff Guest

Any tips how to split them with an illusionist, not coercer?
    I don't play an illu myself but ours can't figure it out by himself.
  15. ARCHIVED-Aandien Guest

have him use illusionary allies. It has a mem wipe when the spell expires (just make sure all the allies dont get killed..)

Best used to send prime home since Vyemm might be able to kill them all with his AE's.
  16. ARCHIVED-mcavellero Guest

Message Edited by mcavellero on 11-03-2006 09:20 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-psubullet Guest

fyi, brawlers, necroes and SKs can split this easy. attack alzid and then fd. vyemm will reset, alzid will get pissed at the raid.
  18. ARCHIVED-psubullet Guest

but splitting it is frustrating and not even necessary (won't let me edit the previous post, w t f?)