Lord Vyemm and Alzid Prime ...

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-le Rêveur, May 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-le Rêveur Guest

Alzid Prime is no longer killable before Vyemm as it used to be.
    Thanks Sony for another ninja NERF without any kind of warning.
    Oh yeah and some stuff in Labo was also nerfed, with the most crap stuff buffed up a little but still as crap as it used to be.
    Not to mention changes made to loot table on the last doomxxx named juste before corso, now dropping that mace pal/sk with the recast timer reduction proc wich is far behind other items on it's loot table. Thanks again for another good surprise.

I'm not used to whine, really, i'd even say i hate peoples who spend most time whining on these forums rather than playing the game. But too much is too much. SOE policy in terms of changes made to game / item is so much crap compared to how verant did handle EQ1. And now i learn SOE bought Vanguard.... no surprise but rather OHHH CRAP.
    Remember back EQ1 : did verant nerf items already dropped ? NO
    Did verant changed non bugged encounters like 3 times a week ? NO
    Items nerfs did occured YES but NEVER retroactive with is a HUGE difference.
    Encounters in EQ1 were ALWAYS DOABLE UNLIKE IN EQ2.

I'm getting really pissed off with the way this game is handle. And be sure that more and more people are thinking this way.

EDIT : sample : Was Quarm based on luck on resists ? Was is changed anytime ?
    Changes that occured in eq1 were not situationnal most of the time it was GAME MECHANICS changes. As for ae through walls for example.
    Message Edited by le Rêveur on 05-08-2006 05:42 AM
    Message Edited by le Rêveur on 05-08-2006 12:22 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Noah Guest

Fixed.
    Funny how time forgives and forgets.
  3. ARCHIVED-NoNameChosen Guest

4. ARCHIVED-le Rêveur Guest

ok here is some clarification on my point.
    1st of all, I like EQ, it's been over 6 years soon i'm playing this game : EQ1 then EQ2.
    I've always been raiding high end content.
    I NEVER got even half as much frustrated in 5 years of EQ1 than in 1 and a half year of EQ2.
    Actually you are right, i'm going to move on something else, but i'm sad to do so.
    Again i liked EQ, i'm just pissed off right now.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

I never played EQ1, But am starting to like it now lol
  6. ARCHIVED-Ever-Befallen Guest

This isnt EQ1, so "they did xyz in EQ1 so they should do it in EQ2" logic is .. bad
  7. ARCHIVED-Koltur Guest

Killed it again last night. Didn't notice any difference from last week. It's still relatively easy when everyone is on top of their stuff. (Oh, i forgot, there was one difference, and that was Alzid healing himself, which was how the encounter originally was, so..that wasn't too rough to deal with either, I imagine they just fixed it, cause the script was broken somehow)
    Message Edited by Koltur on 05-08-2006 09:05 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Graven55 Guest

Ummm....marketing 101: Everquest....Everquest 2. It's funny how similar those names are. Could they be using the Everquest franchise to be selling Everquest 2? If so, why, then, should a customer not expect similarities between the two products? If I went and saw MI:3, and it turned out to be a tear jerker chick flick I'd be rightfully outraged by shady marketing techniques. SoE's choice to market it as a sequel instead of an all new MMO came with expectations. It should resemble and take the parts that worked from the old game and incorporate them with new ideas and content. It's your argument that doesn't have any logic.
    No, people shouldn't expect the exact same game, but they should be able to compare the two and ask why good ideas from the first aren't being used in the 2nd (a lot of the ideas for EQ2 were straight from, or tested in EQ1....)
    Message Edited by Graven55 on 05-08-2006 07:07 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Still is broken if you make Alzid think Vyemm is dead somehow, which I bet will be fixed by next week :p
  10. ARCHIVED-le Rêveur Guest

i'm not comparing both games. They are different for sure but they share some lore and many many eq1 players moved on eq2. Heck i was in a top raiding guild while we just flagged ourselves to Anguish so many peoples left eq1 when eq2 came out that our guild felt apart ...
    I know for sure that many many peoples agree with my statement that EQ2 is a FAR MORE FRUSTATING game to play than EQ1 was. This is not nostalgia or anything else. Just check one thing = most high end raiders who left EQ1 did leave cause of boredom mainly tired of farming again and again the same mobs. This occurs in EQ2 as well but there is also a BUNCH of peoples who leave because of : BROKEN CONTENT, repetitives CLASS NERFS, poor ITEMIZATION (though i think KOS was far better itemized than previous expansions (think effects, focuses etcs)). Of courses this is issues you encounter in every single MMORPGs but there are also many ways to handle those. Many many posts about this i wont argue more that'd be useless anyway.
    The fact is while claiming this game is not tuned for high end raiders, the devs seem to make the game THEIR FRIENDS want.
    I mean there is a little community on those forums, same peoples whining over and over that content is too hard, not hard enough, that loot is too good etc etc. And actually i really have the feeling every single thing they ask for is given to them.
    Result is =
    - nerfs instead of issues fixed
    - unbalanced content from too easy to too hard there is no middle.
    Check lyceum while some guilds claim that the zone is too easy, most dont even kill the eye ou gnillaw.
    Check deathtoll
    Check Vyemm vs other labo nameds (tho i like this fight, this is a mob you can be proud killing, otherwise, Labo is the most fun raiding zone in Kos from my point of view)
    No kidding this is getting really anoying.

Message Edited by le Rêveur on 05-08-2006 11:41 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

Alzid is killable before Vyemm
  12. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Only if you pull him far away from Vyemm, else Alzid will do a 20% heal everytime he hits 13% unless you are far enough away from Vyemm or have killed Vyemm.
  13. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

heh thats what you think :p
  14. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

They should just make them a linked encounter and be done with it.
  15. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

NOOOOOOO, no more changes.
    EQ1 also had it where the hardest mob in the game didn't even drop a box.... it wasn't supposed to be 'killable' yet. Too much nastalgia, there's a difference between paces. It was harder to get to the endgame. Don't confuse it didn't happen with you weren't there early enough to see it.
  16. ARCHIVED-le Rêveur Guest

(actually here is some comparaison)
    actually the sleeper did drop something it had neg 100 to all stats iirr. And this mobs wasnt actually designed to be killed, neither drop anything. The zonewide DT was here to ensure it wouldnt be kill. Then i wouldnt call a 300 players zerg a raid so gimme a break pls :) Ah and loot in eq1 was corpse loot :)
    As you are speaking about velious, i'd say what about the ring event in Ntov (which actually was the top high end content) it was 1/ doable 2/ dropping best loot arround.
    And then let speak about Luclin, would you say anything there was so hard just 1/2 guilds ww can kill it ? No no and NO
    Emp once strat down was a joke, heck did it with 30 peoples during luclin expansion
    Sseru was even more of a joke just like 15/20 peoples were enough to kill him.
    Here i'll add it was so much fun to piss off english and american zerglings from RF DW and Mortalis on AB with half their effectives hehe
    Acces to Vex Thall was very very long for sure, but everyone could do it they just had to invest some time in it. And once you had acces, VT wasnt such a hard zone to clear. Maybe it did take some time and was some mindless clearing of mass hp trash (make me laugh when you complain about ascent mobs hps) but the zone was nowhere as hard as high end content in eq2. Everyone could just get accés and enjoy the zone and loot.
    Pop came up with some c....blocking at strat. But then again quite fast guilds had rotations on ep bosses and time acces wasnt all that hard. Then PoTime was a far more fun raid than Deathtoll. Least you could learn the zone and time after time going further and further with no stupid things like random roamer paths (eyes in DT yeahhhh !....). And i'm sorry but no fight did seem undoable. Never had this feeling.

Message Edited by le Rêveur on 05-08-2006 10:34 AM
    Message Edited by le Rêveur on 05-08-2006 10:37 AM
    Message Edited by le Rêveur on 05-08-2006 10:40 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Shizzirri Guest

5 weeks of killing vyemm, 5 ninja changes, seriously this is getting f'ing old and it needs to stop. If the encounter is meant where both mobs are supposed to be handled at the same time then either
    A. Make them the same encounter
    B. Make it so they don't ever break
    Yes I realize you can do both at the same time, or you can still split them or whatever but seriously as someone who leads raids, etc for my guild. It gets very very old having to come in here and see completely new changes to this encounter every single freaking week.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tanith_ Guest

Never really noticed any big changes tbh, always killing them the same way.
  19. ARCHIVED-Koltur Guest

You can kill Alzid practically right next to Vyemn, that healing thing only happens like 3-4 times and then he stops doing it. Alzid is like, 1-groupable if you have power regen.
  20. ARCHIVED-le Rêveur Guest

definately wrong, alzid is 1 groupable - yes - tho it keeps healing itself again and again at 13 pct (yesterday). We did it a little over 12 million dmg in a 45 mins fight, time to get it 00m and see it keep healing itself ... You can't kill it before Vyemm anymore, neither if you are close from Vyemm of far doesn't matter. Neither if you burn it or not.