LFG Window

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Rothgar, Dec 10, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-EvilAstroboy Guest

Theres not really much more you could add to it that would change anything about the looking for group process.
    Its half way through an expansion, most folks have a decent list of friends and guildies they can group with. I rarely find myself filling more than 1 spot with a random player. Usually its a dirge since there are DPS, enchanters and healers aplenty. We will see a lot more random groups using LFG when the expansion hits im sure.
    So I dont see any way to facilitate more grouping aside from server merges.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kigneer Guest

Censeo wrote:
    Nice idea.
    It would be sweet if we had a meet up area where folks can auto group (excuse would need some type of license to have an adventure group -- the group leader picks this up with the writ). This way it'll take the pain of handpicking XYZ classes, too. Harder forming groups via chat, than having the ability to size them up (let alone their gear) in person *before* arriving at the zone.
    Better to meet in the field and chitchat with characters face-to-face than standing in front of the broker in a guild hall eyeing chat anyday.
  3. ARCHIVED-satansucks666 Guest

Likes: Simple to use, clarity on all subjects available on window.
    Dislikes: Way to bulky, takes up too much space. Very little usage of the option from what I've seen. Lack of presets and zone specifics.
    What I would like to see is more simplified interface. Commonly when folks are looking for a group, yes they are looking for specifics of classes however a little less complicated would be nice such as tank, healer, utility, and damage as opposed to the Primary tank, secondary tank, ranged dps, melee dps, utility, primary healer, secondary healer so on and so forth. Also would like to see (something to utilize such a bulky window) more options available with presets such as drop down windows for zone specifics/dungeons/raid instances. A unique feature from a recent game (Warhammer Online) was a pop message from the LFG interface stating that there are so and so parties available in the area through out the zone, and an open party option. I'm not sure the legality of using such a feature would be possible or acceptable but I personally would love to see it implemented. (Walk into a zone message pops such and such parties available and simply open the LFG window and click to join the party.)
  4. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

window is too big
    make it so it lets you lfg while annon or roleplaying, meaning still says your class and level
    like others said let you load how ever many toons you have on said account even ones not logged in
  5. ARCHIVED-curious_george Guest

Here is a thought have the lfg window also post into the channels of your choice once you select your role it also post into the channels you specify , in addition there could be a flag(check box etc to add for looking for raid spot. With deafults being level specific channels.
  6. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Besual wrote:
    If you are talking about having a way to set up a personalised lfg set-up on a player or account baisis, then having /lfg just flag you with that I would support that 100%, I also would love to see an Account wide LFG where you can check off wich charactors your willing to group with and somehow have that also show up in the window.
  7. ARCHIVED-Moxicar Guest

Well i wouldent mind if it was tied to the Quest journal, being able to select Quest lines and even the sub quests in major timlines. Going LFQ would simply pop up the LFG window with the people who has selected which quests/subquests people where LFG for, no that much different then the advanced LFG setting, simply just check the flags.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Bodiddle@Nagafen wrote:
    A good LFG window and system would make it so you didn't have to USE the level channels to advertise, so having it do that would be counterproductive. Now if it did it to a sort of level-specific LFG channel that would be different.
    But EQ1 had a decent system by the time I left (after GoD). You could add notes, and groups could look through folks and send tells to those they migth be interested in; they could also place the group as 'looking for more' and state what they wanted, including a note.
    The reason everyone has to advertise in level chat now while LFG is because the LFG system in EQ2 is so basic it's next to useless for actually finding someone you want for a group.
  9. ARCHIVED-bored93 Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    yea i wish i could go to the LFG window and find a group instead of in a lvl chat for a hour or more looking for some group
  10. ARCHIVED-shagg22 Guest

I saw a couple of suggestions that I liked. 1) A way of adding my alts to LFG. That would be nice if I'm doing something with one toon and someone needs one of my alts I can just swap. 2) Naming the group or some way of describing what you're attempting to achieve with your group. Be it, level gringing, certain quests or HQs, etc. Say you're having trouble finishing Hoo'Lah quest, you can put that in your group name and others see that that also need help and now you can get a group for what everyone needs.
    While just typing /lfg is quick and easy, a way of doing these 2 things would be a useful addition to that process.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kaco2 Guest

Sometimes I use it sometimes I dont. Persanally I think it would be perfect if people actually used the LFG tag but they dont because of ninja invites from lower level people looking for group.
    My main use of it is to fill groups and also when I am LFG i mention the alts i feel to play too which are lower levels.
    I dont think anything needs to be changed but maybe swap the tabs around and the ability to add toons on the account would rock too.
  12. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Kaco2 wrote:
    I never really use it, as generally my message is: 80 whatever looking for whatever.
    That isn't really something I can communicate in the LFG window.
  13. ARCHIVED-xKHONSx Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Yeah that sucks since it doesn't show your class or level even if you are /anon and there isn't a place to type a note in regards to what you are looking for. Oh wait...
  14. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I never use this feature myself. When I need to form a group outside of our guild then I will usually just check in the appropriate level channel or alliance channels.
    I remember the EQ1 LFG window seemed to be much more useful for me back then for some reason.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nakash Guest

Biggest Problem I see is that this tool came late into the game and most people already used chat channels for group planning.
    Maybe it could be of use as a planner for Pickup Raids if it would be persistent. ?
  16. ARCHIVED-bored93 Guest

is there a LFG chat channel ?
  17. ARCHIVED-bodyworkbybill Guest

18. ARCHIVED-789mkii Guest

"LFG" chat channel is necessary.It is a pressing need. Of course, server wide and check on in default.

We are using LV1-9 or LV80 chat channel for a long time, instead of "LFG" chat channel.
    Because each level's information doesn't reach alternative character, we wanted common channel ever.
    After all, the style recruited through simple conversation is a good method in MMO than it waits.

Progress in real time become newbiew's study, knowledge of popular zone, and feeling everyone are sharing.
    Raid's information on weekend and Announcement of user event and so on,
    "LFG" chat channel is likely to be used to not only group recruitment but also server announce several days after.

We feared spam too much before, but it is wonderful that lively information catches eye one after another.
    Please Please offer simple "LFG" chat channel in default.

We love EQ2.Best regards.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

I never use it. I do have some suggestions for it, just keep it simple yet versatile.
    First of all don't bring up the window when someone types /lfg. Just have them go into LFG mode the way they used to. If they want they can bring up the window. I can't recall if it's its own window or a tab of another window, but make it optional for them to go to it.
    Anyway, once somone types "/lfg" they are listed on that window, class and level, even if they are anonymous. Make it something that can easily be filtered and sorted. Then have a room for comments, so they can say what zones they are available for. That's it. Keep it simple and I think people will use it.
    What do people think about the idea of a /lfr function for those looking for raid? I'm thinking this can be a bit more robust, where the raid zones are listed and you pick which ones you can do (be even nicer if it won't let you pick those you're locked out of or at least flag it as a zone you want to finish).
  20. ARCHIVED-SlyAtregon Guest

Never use the thing.