Level Up in Level Agnostic Dungeons!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meerletalis New Member

Is there a way to enter them without using the dungeon finder?
  2. Gudum Active Member

Portal in Qeynos and Freeport. If you are in a group, good-aligned and evil-aligned will have to enter through their respective portals, but will end up in same dungeon instance (provided they select the same dungeon).
  3. Charlice Well-Known Member

That pic isn't from Maidens.
  4. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Sure it is! That's Impaler Tzilug, who lives in a room at the very end of the hallway. It seems most groups skip him these days since he's not required to complete the instance quest. I think they just don't like making the trip down the hallway to kill him ;) Anyways, he's in the top left room:

[IMG]
  5. Gudum Active Member

Another reason people could be missing him is that they don't know to click on the obelisk after they kill Sandstorm, which opens the iron grate blocking your way.
    Hijinx and Afista_DG like this.
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I started playing EQ in 2001. I started playing EQ2 at launch. I spent years raiding and grouping and reached the point that I didn't want to spend hours on end raiding nor did I want to spend hours on end LFG. So, I solo. I am able to play when I want to and AFK when I want to and do not have to stop what I am doing to wait for a group member to return to their computer. I play for the fun of playing and like others here, if I start a quest series that is solo, I would like to see it end as a solo series. Like others I have quest lines that cannot be completed simply because it went from solo to group/raid needed. I have no need for raid gear, spent years of money and time doing that already. We are not asking for that. We are asking for the ability to complete a quest series that starts out as solo by having it end as solo.
    Adaarye likes this.
  7. Malvious Member

is there a lockout on these or can you just keep doing them over and over and level up in them with your friends?
  8. Elinea Well-Known Member

You can do them over and over all day long up until level 94. Once you hit 95, if you're in the zone when you hit it, you'll stop getting rewards and exp. Once you zone out, at 95 the level agnostic dungeons will disappear from the dungeon finder tab. I recommend moving the slider to 100% AA once you're 94, until you're ready to be done with them.
    Rock79, Malvious and oakmiser like this.
  9. Malvious Member

Thanks Elinea!

One more question though : can you enter these with 1 friend and 1 merc?
  10. Elinea Well-Known Member

You can, but if other people queue up while you're in there, they will be plopped into any group with open spots. If you don't want strangers with you, you can fill it with 3 people and 3 mercs, then the group leader can queue the group. Be warned though, that mercs in the group really take a bite out of your experience.
  11. Malvious Member

Yeah the mercs was mostly to see if we get faster queue's in the end the queue on these are super fast and its fun to play with others and we get nice xp and gear overal we have a good time running these. Thanks for the answers :)
  12. Gudum Active Member

IF you really don't want strangers in the group, enter through the portals in Qeynos/Freeport, then there isn't even an option to reinforce.
  13. Voleur Member

They're also fairly easy to do solo (with a merc) or as a small group. I took a level 22 Swashbuckler into them, with the standark Inquisitor merc, and had no problems molo'ing Deep Forge and the Conservatory.

It was also tons of fun to do, too, because there was challenge in it. :)
  14. Uscum New Member

These zones are what I think SoE may have been looking for a long time ago. The loss of the casual player would have been fixed if they could have launched these zones much sooner. The level grind from 90-95 with the nerfs to xp in zones now is bypassed by these zones and if you are bored these will cure that also. This is the best thing SoE ever did as far as I am concerned.
    Cuelaen and Feara like this.
  15. Feara Well-Known Member

The Agnostic Dungeons are totally awesome. This may very well be a saving point for the game. Thank you Team!

Now this is real excitement right here. I sure hope this is still on the plate.
    Cuelaen likes this.
  16. Donavyn White New Member

I was wondering if there was a way to lock out people randomly joining into the group that is in the dungeon without filling up the group with mercs? my wife, son and myself play and we love running these dungeons however when one of us is not on we get random people in our group that just run off or they join in the middle or something. So is there an option to lock the agnostic level dungeon group?
  17. Crastinal Active Member

Yes, there is. Group up with the people you want to play with and get to the agnostic portal, either in Freeport or Qeynos. Enter the dungeon through there and no one will join your group while you're there, even if the group is not full. That is totally reasonable.
    Now people who complain and moan because someone random joined through dungeon finder... Ugh, those people have to go. Dungeon finder is supposed to be about playing with anyone who's on queue. Dungeon finder is public, deal with it.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I seen entrances to at least the maidens chamber directly where the dungeon is .
    On the door it gives you the choice to enter the normal dungeon or the agnostic one so I would guess that is true for the other agnostic dungeons.

I don't like to get dropped into a group when they are almost done its annoying at best so it goes both ways
    I guess its to complicated to only have people drop in to the halve way point in those dungeon.

When in a small group it is sometimes hard to get through a dungeon so I on the other hand am often happy when more people drop in.
    But again it would be nice if that does not happen until the very end.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.