Level Up in Level Agnostic Dungeons!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bertoxxin New Member

Nice Been having fun in these ~
  2. Zinj Well-Known Member

I too agree with Merriel. I've been playing since the beginning of EQ and EQII. Been in many long running groups, raids, and guilds and worked very successfully in all of them. However, 90% of my playing is solo, not grouped; simply because I'm an adult, a husband, and a father with a significant real life outside the game where while I can devote an hour here and there, being able to stomp down 3 to 4 hours with a group or raid to complete content is rare, few, and far between.
    Kittybock and Adaarye like this.
  3. floofloobunny Active Member

where is this armor at lvl 90 that was mentioned?>
  4. joandabaptist New Member

Agnostic contested?
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

Solo versions of these zones do exist - the regular versions. Just mentor down to the appropriate level and do them, 99% of them will be completely soloable.
  6. Mesmeric New Member

Can we please have these across servers like battle grounds? 24hr groupage!
  7. Bashem Well-Known Member

I have not played the last month and been quite a few changes to to Agnostic Dungeons and I was wondering what the faster way to level in general these day doing DM if able or grinding solo quests?
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

They're working on it. They're planning to release cross-server grouping, including LADs, later this year :)

(in fact, that's stated at the bottom of Afista's original post :p )

Fastest way to level solo at the moment is doing the level agnostic dungeons. You can start to queue for these at level 20 and they run all the way through to 94. Powerleveling is still the fastest option, but not the most fun and can't really be done solo! Dungeon Maker no longer gives any experience whatsoever, so that's no an option anymore.
    Mizgamer62 and Mesmeric like this.
  9. Mesmeric New Member

Thought I remembered something :) sooner the better
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have already begun to do this, but have found at least two of them that cannot be completed solo, as they require at least two individuals to trigger an event at exactly the same time in a different part of the dungeon, or to keep two individual mobs apart, which doesn't work even multi-boxing, since I can only actually control one character at a time. Only the character actually working ends up with agro from both mobs. Not to mention, not everyone can multi-box. If they would at least change these requirements, that would be enough for me, but until such time as they do, they aren't really solo'able.
    Adaarye likes this.
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

If you have a merc you can sick it at one of the mobs and pull the other one away yourself :)

Even if one or two aren't completely soloable, that's still pretty darn good considering how many dungeons are in the game.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

Already tried this, it doesn't work. The mobs both come at me, they don't stay pinned to the merc. :/
    Adaarye likes this.
  13. Malleria Well-Known Member

Then you're doing something to pull agro off your merc. I don't know what else to tell you - mercs don't obey different hate rules, they act like players. You're hitting the mercs target with aoes or encounter damage or procs or something. The only merc with a passive de-hate is the SOE Live coercer merc, which I'm guessing you're not using.
  14. Ferb New Member

How about injecting some of the old EQ1 content in to EQ2. I really enjoyed the Planes of Power expansion and the old Sol B zone
    Adaarye likes this.
  15. VirtigoSwayy New Member

Straight up. If you can't complete storylines because you can't molo heroic content below max level you are doing it wrong. Some exceptions, but mostly mercs are OP and destroy content for solo players.

The only thing level agnostic dungeons change is what they say they change - you can group with friends and do the content at any level.

Solo version lol... there already is one, they just happen to have ^^^ above their head. Get your merc on!

Plus the sorties aren't level agnostic are they - you have to be the right level to get the quest for the most part.
  16. recon1187 Member

I have been soloing these zones with a merc all day everyday on my lowbie toon
  17. Gudum Active Member

In case anyone really wants to run a level agnostic solo, the requirement for three players only applies if you enter through the Dungeon Finder, not when you enter by the portals in Qeynos or Freeport.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

You obviously did not read everything I posted. It's not an inability to solo/molo these zones via clearing them out. It's certain dungeon events that require more than one person in order to get through an event. At least one requires that two people be in two totally different parts of the dungeon in order to trigger a switch at exactly the same time in order to get to the next part of the dungeon. This particular event, however, would be able to be bypassed, if a person can multi-box, but not everyone can do that.

Another requires keeping two mobs apart from each other, which I have attempted to do with my merc, but kept getting agro from both mobs on my main...my merc would not hold agro on the other mob, while I worked on trying to take the first mob down. If I used evade or some such skill as that, I would lose agro of both mobs, but if I did not use evade, both mobs would agro me, and the one I sic'd my merc on refused to stay pinned to my merc. I even multi-boxed it, and sent my other character in on the one mob, in hopes they would keep agro of the other mob, but because that character was not shooting off any specials to hold agro, the other mob still came at me, and I couldn't keep the two apart from each other...AT ALL. And no, I was not using aoe's for this fight, because I did NOT want agro from all the mobs in this particular event (this being addressed to the person who suggested I was using aoe's).

If this were fixed and did not require at least two people to complete, these dungeons could be solo'd and I'd have no complaint.
    Adaarye likes this.
  19. RickRagnar New Member

Here is my question to all the players wanting more solo content, why are you playing a MMORPG? There are plenty of games catering to the solo player, with a much richer solo experience. This is a game designed around groups, and groups of groups. The biggest problems with this game are player created, with dogma and misconceptions. There are plenty of players out there who are kind and looking to help you finish those quests, or happy to wait while you manage your children, just like I may ask of you.
    Rock79 likes this.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Because there aren't any games like EQ2. I've played computer games but have yet to find one that equals this game in comparison.
    Shmogre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.