Level Up in Level Agnostic Dungeons!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

We’re happy to announce that the update on February 3, 2015 will increase the maximum level for Agnostic Dungeons to level 94! These zones have been adjusted so that you can group with any of your friends between levels 20 and 94, regardless of your difference in level. We’ve also made some adjustments to make sure these dungeons are fun at any level! Looking for some new rewards? We’ve got those too. Make sure you check out the level 90 equipment that will help you gear up during your adventures! So where should you head to check out these update?

There are currently five Agnostic Dungeons in the world, ready to explore. We also plan to add more dungeons to the system later this year! Here’s a closer look at each of the five, currently available dungeons:

Charasis: Maiden’s Chamber
    Deep within the terrain of the Jarsath Wastes, this catacomb is full of glowing runes and frightening foes. Are you willing to make your way through these treacherous halls and confront Drusella Sathir?

[IMG]

The Library of Erudin
    Something is amiss in The Stonebrunt Highlands! Head to The Library of Erudin and search for clues throughout the zone and help discover who murdered the Scholar Primarch. This is the perfect zone for adventurers who want to solve a mystery!

[IMG]

Najena’s Deep Forge
    This lava-filled dungeon is located in the volcanic depths of Lavastorm. Are you brave enough to fight through the fiery space and face Firelord Kaern?

[IMG]

Vasty Deep: The Conservatory
    It’s hard to deny the beauty found in Vasty Deep: The Conservatory, but there’s also danger concealed in the gorgeous halls of this instance. Are you willing to discover what treasure the mighty dragon, Delahnus the Dauntless, is guarding?

[IMG]

The Temple of the Faceless
    The Temple of the Faceless holds many horrors found within the Eidolon Jungle. Adventurers will need to travel deep into the temple in order to face the mighty dragon, Venekor, and claim his loot!

[IMG]

Want to experience these updated dungeons? Players can access these zones by joining the queue through Dungeon Finder Tab from the EQ2 Options Menu or by visiting the zone-in statue located in Qeynos or Freeport.

Can’t get enough of these dungeons? Well, we’ve got more updates planned. In addition to more zones being added, we’re also launching the Cross-Server Dungeon feature later this year!

For more information about the improvements we've made in these dungeons, you can take a look at the update notes HERE.

Xillean, Charlice, Cuelaen and 4 others like this.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Any chance on expanding the Agnostic List? I would love to see more dungeons at all level ranges, even those requiring people to be "debuffed" to see some older zones like KOS or before era. Hehe, I could see people dreading an Agnostic Poets Palace.
  3. Re-bar New Member

Did you say Poets Palace? Please put a bullet in my head.
  4. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Definitely :) It won't be in today's update, but we are planning to expand the available Agnostic Dungeons soon!
    Estred likes this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

I would like to see some of these made into solo dungeons as well, as I'll never get to run them as long as they require grouping. I don't know why dungeons were never made to scale to a person's level in the first place, but it's good to see this is at least being worked on. I'd so love to complete many of the heritage, signature, and hallmark quests that I never finished simply because of the 'group' requirements for them.
    Stardrama and Guiscard like this.
  6. I_Like_Passing_Wind New Member

Agreed. Some of us are just not the grouping kind. Quests that require groups are left unfinished. I would love to see various "artisan agnostic" recipes made available that would allow for a soloist to make the necessary parts to complete those quests. They could be made availble via optional side quests, or through extended research. "Faux Protection of the Cabbage" and such for the Pudding quest, or maybe even a "Shade of the Mage", etc for Silverwing. Something like this would open up all sorts of doors for Norrathian life to find a way.... :D
  7. Adler90 New Member

It's so great that you buffed lower levels.

I have a bunch of characters around the level 20-40 range - they all hit like a wet noodle. I haven't logged on yet today but I'm sure they will actually be useful now! :)

No more having to disband a group because we don't have a couple higher levels to carry us (I hope) :)
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

I don't get it myself. No disrespect to you Passing or Merriel but I never understood the idea of wanting to play solo yet lamenting not being able to do content designed for groups. I have a few friends who only solo/quest but they accept that they are not going to do Group-Content because it was not designed for their playstyle and may have to go outside their comfort zone to do such things.

You're more than welcome to play solo but I've never understood the wanting content to be catered to you so you can do "group" zones solo. Keep in mind this is not an attack at you guys or your playstyles. I know when I was a Heroic-Only player I wished I could get raid gear... so I became a Raider.
    Rock79, Xillean, Merriel and 4 others like this.
  9. Lenarie New Member

I totally get it , i used to raid and group a lot more ,but lost interest in raiding mainly to time consuming.I bought raiding gear of the broker after i out leveled my prevues raid gear, so you can get raid gear , and the raiders get a good chunk of mula for that, nothing wrong with it both sides win. Now that i solo more and group with my husband mainly , we found the last two expansion way better, now you can finish a sig quest or heritage quest, not all but most, and get the story of norath even though you solo.Solo players are not asking for raid zones, just to be able to play the rest of the zones and enjoy the story of norath not to much to ask in my opinion.A lot of things changed because of the input of raiders, not a bad thing .I like to see more solo duo dungeons myself with better gear in the advanced solo dungeons , so you can have the middle gear to be able to do dungeons with a group.And a lot of quests do not get done because nobody wants to do them again so your stuck. Example is Sati i think the Mermaid npc is called it takes a group to kill her, or 3 very good geared people to kill her.So yeah i am all for solo duo dungeons specially if there needed of sig heritage quests , more people will play and pay for the game . =)
    Adaarye and Merriel like this.
  10. Zlith Member

Does today's patch put in the minimum of 3 to start an Agnostic Dungeon. I saw that was previously discussed but didnt see in the patch notes or this thread. If not is this going to be implemented or was this idea put aside.

That would be nice, as it is difficult with the scaling to solo or kill with a merc (though might be easier now with the changes)
  11. maxlancaster0 New Member

I would love to see some older dungeons added to this system! I feel like it would help keep older content alive. Nobody is gonna want to get a group of lvl 25's to run Bloodskull Valley. If these older dungeons were available for level scaling then I think people would actually want to run these older zones again.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

Estred, I respect your opinion, and appreciate your not getting bent out of shape about this request. Your question is valid and I have no problem with explaining my reasoning behind this. The thing is, I hate an incomplete story, and these questlines begin as solo quests, and end up leading to group content, leaving the story unfinished, when I am not able to complete them. Lenarie's explanation hits the nail right on the head. If they started out as group content right from the start, I would have no problem with not beginning them in the first place. Although I know it's likely they will end up requiring a group in the end, there is so much lore involved, that as long as any part of it can be done solo, I'm likely to start it up.

Unfortunately, once I start a questline, I don't like to delete the followup quests from my journal, and my journal ends up becoming full of quests that require grouping, so they just sit there, stagnant, never getting done simply because of the group requirement to do them. There are a number of reasons why I don't group, some of which I don't care to go into detail over, but I do have some valid reasons for not grouping, and just playing solo. The fact that SOE has been putting out some solo content more recently, and that you can do the AoM signature questline completely solo was a real plus to me. If they continue to do this for future expansions, I'll most definitely continue to purchase those expac's.

While I do want upgraded gear drops that at least permit me to run advanced solo dungeons, I don't care if I never see a piece of raid gear, or gear for heroic dungeons, ever. I don't care if they reserve mount drops as high level raid loot, or maybe make lesser mounts with lower, solo stats as drops in adv solo dungeons (not necessarily with the same appearance as the uber raid mounts and could be exremely rare drops). I just mainly want to be able to get through an entire questline without it starting out as a solo thing, and ending up as a group effort, which means it will never be completed. If they make achievements for completing signature questlines, but only give the achievement to those who do the heroic or raid zones, that's fine by me. I don't NEED an achievement for going through the complete storyline. I just want to be able to finish it through to the end. The achievement would just be an added bonus. :)
    Ofiz Rocker, Rock79, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  13. PhoenixRevival New Member

Have to agree with Merriel. My reasons are similar but not exactly the same.

I love being able to complete quests that have story or lore associated with them (and that tends to be true for most group/raid dungeons) but 1) I'm a very casual player, 2) I really prefer to play solo or with a friend or two I trust, & 3) if the content is there and they can shift an algorithm to make the dungeon scaled for my character (like many of the events and holiday quests)... who does that hurt? I can honestly say I would probably go back and play hours and hours more content like that that I've never intended to otherwise do, because it's group specific.

I don't need ultra uber epic loots from the stuff I kill in there. Give me a good story, some moderate treasure for my time and efforts and maybe a Carpenter recipe to make something cool and I'd pretty much be in heaven MMO-wise.
    Adaarye likes this.
  14. Guiscard Active Member

I agree - have an option to play them solo.
    Adaarye likes this.
  15. Endymion Developer

It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes but the minimum number of players was indeed increased to 3.
  16. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Level agnostic Crafting instances-and add in components or rewards like the pieces you need for the shawl quest from other classes-so much potential:)
    Adaarye likes this.
  17. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

So excited about this:)
  18. Stardrama Member

Code:
    I'll never get to run them as long as they require grouping
    This is true, some pc's just can't handle the overload a full group represents when entering these zones. I've gone through 3 computers in the last 3 years trying to keep pace with this game. I'm still re-downloading EQ2 (hours yet to go) on my 4th computer as I type this. Which is why I'm typing here and not actually PLAYING!
    Adaarye likes this.
  19. kerrianne Member

I agree with Merriel, I love the new expansion and I have taken 2 charcs through it but I got stuck on the last mob which I need a grp. How disappointed am I(very). I don't grp mainly since I am never invited and I never did the expansion before this one that you need a grp to do most of the quests. So waiting to get a group was more work than going off and doing it yourself. I am all for more solo questing .
    Adaarye likes this.
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

I understood entirely at this point in your statement. I won't question why you dislike grouping as the above quote is why I became a raider, to experience the full story. Thank you for answering. I do suppose it makes sense that there are pros and cons to making content that "Grows" meaning it starts Solo becomes Group and ends up Large Group (Solo/Heroic/Raid). The pro is it encourages grouping up and player interaction, the con is that if that isn't your cup of tea it leaves you feeling a little left out.

I'm glad the Sig lines are Solo and I wish there were more of the old-style Quest Series where each area had "mini lines" that had small ends that were upgrades to other Quest Gear yet still just a little below Heroic and maybe not as "awesome" looking. Actually, I have been wishing for a long time they would do Quest Updates, just little ones every once and awhile like "added a new quest line to Phantom Sea, speak to Tharma Grizzle to start" in the Update Notes. They can be just NPC-Relevant stories that tell tales of struggles by things that don't spell doom for the world (what most Raid Content is story wise).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.