Level 50 and Adept 3s

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Eclectic, Feb 25, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-bobafettt Guest

yeh that is kinda what i was thinking
    thx lordolrik
    anyone else have any other ideas?
    thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Sinadial Guest

Thanks a ton for posting all these screenshots btw :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Drizzen Guest

Dont bother upgrading Slyph or Wisp, the scaling on upgrading them sucks just as much as buffs.
    Adept 1 Sylph does 614 thread reduction
    Going to Master 1 Sylph brought it to 651.. a whole 47 agro points.
  4. ARCHIVED-LordOlrik Guest

anyone got an adp3 for the new adv pack spell we get?
  5. ARCHIVED-Raider Hater Guest

What is this new spell, I haven't the time to check out the adventure pack yet.
  6. ARCHIVED-LordOlrik Guest

Spirit of the Bat
    app2

conc 1
    ct 3sec
    rec time .5
    duration 15mins
    rt 1sec

increast power of target by 7
    increase power of target by 7 every 10 secs (works in combat)
    +10 agi
    +196 max power
  7. ARCHIVED-LordOlrik Guest

the update to adp3 seem to close to non-existance at least from the description the sages get from the recipe.
  8. ARCHIVED-bobafettt Guest

where do you get spirit of the bat?
    thx
  9. ARCHIVED-LordOlrik Guest

u can buy it from the adv pack merchant after u did the 3rd adv pack quest.
  10. ARCHIVED-Puppyfat Guest

I'm an up and coming warden (halfway through 38) and I'm just starting to think about a few more upgrades. I have bloom and NC at adept3 and am currently using the level 20 HoT upgrade as my 3 main spells. Since I'm about to start getting spells that do not have upgrades I was just wondering what you all thought I should upgrade to max my healing potential.

Chloroplast seems a good one, does that get upgraded by any of the level 40 training choices?

I'll hold off on the upgrades to my buffs and damage spells till I know what heals i'm gunna upgrade.

So, what training choice and what adept3's seems to give the most bang for buck?
  11. ARCHIVED-Frametree Guest

There are lots of threads about this, which you should read for more detail. Bottom line is this. (1) If you still can /respec, choose the group cures (noxious, trauma, etc.) for your training choices; do not choose what you chose. This is a tiny bit controversial, but not really. Maybe 2 people advocate the HoT upgrade. Depends on your circumstances, of course, and you may be more like those 2 than you are like the rest.
    (2) Chloroplast 3: upgrade it. You don't have to do it now, but you have to do it. It doesn't matter whether it gets upgraded by the level 40 training choice, because you're not going to pick anything other than group cures. See (1). (And it doesn't get upgraded. You can choose at 40 an upgrade to Nature's Embrace, which is our "big heal" plus regen.)
    Buffs, etc. There's a thread showing what virtually all our likely candidates for upgrade do at ad3/lvl 50. For buffs, generally not much of an improvement over ad1. So, dunno. ;)
  12. ARCHIVED-Enegar Guest

Why? Is the level 40 training choice better than VR?
  13. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

From what I've read all the 40 training options aren't really anything spectacular when compared to the 40+ upgraded counterpart, so it's prolly more a choice of which spell do I not want to bother upgrading in my 40s that I can get as a training option?
  14. ARCHIVED-Frametree Guest

Sorry. What I meant was that although you can't choose an upgrade to Chloro, you can choose one to Nature's Embrace -- i.e., that's what's available. It's not better than adept 3 VR. I've no idea what to choose for the 40, frankly. I chose Woodone's Feral Blessing (is that it?), but I haven't /respec'd yet. No clue. ;)

Message Edited by Frametree on 03-24-2005 11:47 AM
    Message Edited by Frametree on 03-24-2005 11:48 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

Based off this info I went with Woodone's Feral Blessing....

So far i am really happy with my choice... I have not done /respect.... & not sure if I ever will.. Pretty happy with my choices....

[IMG]
  16. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

Yes in my opinion that's the right choice because it is better than Bennison. The training choice givesa 5% chance to proc instead of the 2% chance that Bennison gives. That means that Bennison would have to heal for 2.5 times more than Woodone's, which it doesn't
    So until they add a group arcane (really what I am waiting for with my respec), the woodone's feral blessing is a no brainer to me and I didn't even mention the wisdom bonus.
    The thing with these spell descriptions though is that the heal amounts in the description are so off from what the actual heals are it makes it a little tough to judge sometimes.
  17. ARCHIVED-Frametree Guest

In a less than sober moment, I /respec'd. I didn't pick Woodone's. I picked the HoT. Yes, I did. I did it not for the heals, but for the secondary resist boost. It's not huge, but it's something. Every little bit helps.
  18. ARCHIVED-bobafettt Guest

what would you guys say are the top 3 lvl 40-50 spells to upgrade to adept 3?
    thanks
  19. ARCHIVED-Ballyhoo Guest

I'd say Chloroplast, Sylvan Waters and Verdant Rapture. After all healing is our primary job and those are our healing spells. However you may want to wait until after the priest "rebalancing" before spending big bucks on Adept 3s. Nerfs are incoming and SW and VR are the probable targets.
  20. ARCHIVED-bobafettt Guest

thanks a lot ballyhoo
    those were the ones i was gonna upgrade
    where did you get the info that they are gonna rebalance priests and nerf our spells?
    thx again