Level 50 and Adept 3s

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Eclectic, Feb 25, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Metroelph Guest

Hey My fellow treehuggers. Just picked up Master 1 Sylvan Waters, servers are down so i cant double-check the numbers, but i'm 98% positive it does 676 + 506 initial, and 4 ticks of 336, for 122 power cost. It Destroys my adept3 Verdant rapture.
    Keep that Warden pride up (i hope they mess with you in the warden vs. fury balance battle act) =/

Calib Metroelph
    50 Warden
    Ascendance
    Neriak
  2. ARCHIVED-Frametree Guest

Omg. I want one.
  3. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

Well, Dont waste a Opal/Ruthenium on Adept3 Bramblecoat.... Dmg on App4 was 20-25... Adept3 23-28...

[IMG]
    Message Edited by shtychkn2 on 03-09-2005 08:32 AM
    Message Edited by shtychkn2 on 03-09-2005 08:32 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Sinadial Guest

Any chance of a new screenshot of the fixed version of adept 3 Benison of the Wild? :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Ramia Guest

Regarding the Verdant Rapture adept 3 spell on page 1.

I just got my adept 3 tonight for this Level 46 Warden spell and the stats are totally nurfed.

Power cost: 220

Casts Nature's Caress, heals target for 232

Increase health of target by 116 every 5 seconds

Heals target for 867

Seems to me the 2 heals = 1,099 and 116 every 5 seconds for _____ ticks???

Either Sony nerf this big time or the stats are wrong on the unrest server..... can anyone else confirm data on this spell?
  6. ARCHIVED-Raider Hater Guest

Looks about right considering you're level 46. At 48 my adept 3 heals closer to Cillin's numbers.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Just to confirm, the 40 training HoT is basically worthless. It heals an amazing 2 more per tick that Chloroplast Adept 1, for exactly the same power cost.

I still have my /respec saved, but when I use it I'm definitely not taking the HoT again.
  8. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

I have my /respec saved too but I have no idea when I can use it with all these changes.

Meanwhile at 45, examining Sylvan waters adept 1 and NC adept 3 it seems that SW should now be marginally superior so I move SW onto my hotbar over NC. After my first cast I realize that something is wrong as NC is still much better. I've been hesitating upgrading SW to adept 3 because it just doesn't seem to heal as well as the description says. Maybe I'm just missing something.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ballyhoo Guest

It seems like NC Master I will still heal for more than Sylvan Waters Adept III at 50.
  10. ARCHIVED-Frametree Guest

I have my /respec saved as well, and, like you, am clueless what to do. I tried to look at Benison v. Woodone's last night, but I got frustrated. It seemed to me that so long as I cast Benison or Woodone (one or the other) first, then my other four usual buffs (the obvious ones), I got the same exact stats, except for a little higher wis on the Benison route. Assuming this is right (and as I said, I was frustrated, so I have little confidence in my experiment), I'd prefer of course to use Benison over Woodone's. So what's left to pick at level 40 training? I have adept 3 verdant rapture already.
    I, too, have periodically thought to myself, "ok, it must now be time to let my Sylvan Waters take over Nature's Caress's spot on my hotbar, but found that, no, in fact, it isn't. I can't remember as I sit here whether my SW is Adept 1, though. I may have decided not to upgrade to Adept 1 on the theory that I'd surely Adept 3 that spell as soon as I got it, or shortly thereafter. Then I got persuaded by another post about the virtue of verdant rapture (since the regen parts don't stack), and I more or less changed my heal style to make much more use of VR. I still use NC (hopefully one day SW), of course. Anyway, I may on that basis have decided to hold off upgrading SW at all for a bit.
    Anyway, the 40 choice is a puzzler.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sinadial Guest

I've got a respec I'll burn sometime in my 40s, but I've really been undecided on the 40 training choices. On the plus side, there isn't a choice that really hits me as being a no-brainer, but at the same time nothing really stands out either. I won't get the HoT, so it's between Wildone's and the uh, Nature's Embrace (?) upgrade. I'd still love to see a new screenshot of the Benison adept 3 if someone could. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Ramia Guest

Quote:
    Anyway, the 40 choice is a puzzler.
    If you are just hitting 40 and having used the /respec, I would go ahead with the direct heal upgrade and save your /respec for later. After you get the spell Verdant Rapture at 46 and upgrade to the adept 3 if you can, it will then out heal that training spell and you can use that choice (respec) for something else.
  13. ARCHIVED-Frametree Guest

I'm 48, actually. Still holding on to my /respec. Direct heal upgrade isn't an upgrade to my adept 3 Verdant Rapture, as your post notes. So I'm at the point you mention last: /respec for something else. But what? Benison appears to be better than Woodone's Feral Blessing, even at Adept 1. So Woodone's isn't a good choice. What's left?
  14. ARCHIVED-Frametree Guest

I checked my Sylvan Waters last night, just prior to dinging 48. The Sylvan Waters is Adept 1. The "initial" component (i.e., the insta plus that first tick that's apparently unrelated to the set of 4 ticks that follows) of SW heals for me within 1 point of NC Adept 3. (I don't recall which was the winner there.) But the dramatic difference is in the subsequent 4-tick component. The NC ticks are much, much larger than the SW ticks. Again, I forgot to bring the numbers with me, but it was something like 162 for SW and 220-ish for NC.
    I doubt that upgrading SW to Adept 3 will eliminate that huge tick differential. But I don't know. And I also doubt that the 3 levels to go will bring SW up to par. So maybe I'll be using NC forever.
    Seems to me SW's tick part is clearly broken.
  15. ARCHIVED-Eclectic Guest

At L50 SW Adept 3 heals for 539+338 initially then 224 per tick for 4 ticks after. 1773 total heal.
    Message Edited by Eclectic on 03-12-2005 02:42 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Eclectic Guest

Several people asked for the stats of Benison's post patch so here's a comparison of the 3 related spells:

[IMG]

Judge for yourself which you would rather use. Personally I see virtually no dif between Benison's Adept 3 at L50 and Woodone's at L50 other than the + wis. Needless to say I'm still using Woodone's post patch. I feel as tho I wasted a ruby upgrading Benison's. The first Adept 3 I've really been disappointed with.
  17. ARCHIVED-LordOlrik Guest

theres virtually no differnce between the adp3 here and my adp1 (im lvl50 as well)
  18. ARCHIVED-Frametree Guest

Oh that's great news. Turns out my memory was screwed up anyway. The ticks on NC adept 3 were actually 162; and on SW adept 1 they were 140. I posted a lot of bogus information. D'oh. Anyway, thanks. I'm really glad to know that SW will replace NC. Woot.
  19. ARCHIVED-bobafettt Guest

i have an opal and was wondering what T4 spell i should make adept 3
    thanks for the advice
  20. ARCHIVED-LordOlrik Guest

if u have an opal to burn forstbite seems to be the best choice (as bramblecoat adp3 is only a very small upgrade)... anyway i think we have all spells u use at lvl50 as adp3 in this thread now.