Let's start a Norrathian Homeshow Showcase

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by suka, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Badhealer Active Member

I understand people wanting to remain anonymous and away from social media.

I wonder if we could talk DBG into a user screen shot gallery, the forums are a bit awkward for this type of project. I am sure we could get a few well known members to act as moderators. Maybe a simple voting system associated with it. The only downside I see to this is images take up space. All the user images in the forums are hosted outside of DBG's servers.
    Merriel, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

i agree it should be on the forums. and as for how to choose, if we could have one person from each server come in and list all of the nominees from their server, or even a head committee that would list the nominees from each server and then choose based on the number of votes who is first on the list to get showcased that month. actually, as long as we have someone who could go to each server to take pictures of the chosen house for that month, we only really need one person doing the write-ups- although i would prefer several people involved in the writeups.

we definitely have to contact the person we are showcasing. and any added to the list the next month would have to wait their turns because we would want to eventually showcase every name on the list. we don't have to make it monthly. we can make it an "as we get to them" so we can get to everyone. after all, to limit even 12 per server per year when we have literally hundreds of decorators per server is hardly fair to us, since we want to hear about all of them. we could do one a week and still it would take years to know about them all.

i have been talking to the guides about the request on Norika's tours. we can link her tours here, but she is not allowed to participate.
    so if you are interested in being on the committee to interview decorators, choose who to showcase next (or first in this case, occasionally tour houses and take pictures, write up the showcase interview, etc, please say so. you can say it here or send me a pm.
    incidentally, my computer is in the shop so i will be able to answer this forum on my mom's computer but won't be in the game for a few days until it gets back to me
  3. suka Well-Known Member

the reason we use a cloud- like photobucket - is to preserve space on the servers. what you are being shown are links to the image. it is possible to set up one cloud for the showcase under one identity and give each person involved in writing the interviews access to it. and the entire library can be linked often in the showcase forums so everyone can go see the past photos and even the interviews, which any cloud is capable of storing.

what i would like to see the devs give us is a separate heading under the norrath homeshow forum for showcases
  4. suka Well-Known Member

I set up a showcase cloud. all of us can use it. please use it specifically for the showcase. to facilitate this group, i have chosen to publish the details of it here:

Photobucket.com
    eq2showcase@yahoo.com (email)
    eq2showcase (user id)

if you need the passwords please pm me.

i plan to give the passwords to everyone on the committee but will not publish them for all of the forums to see and use for obvious reasons.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

kind of as a guideline for helping us create proper showcases, please read this: https://www.everquest2.com/news/imported-eq2-enus-51308

it gives some guidelines of what was being looked for when the showcases were active. i am having difficulty finding the older showcases so if you find any, please link them. i remember gracee being showcased at one point and several others as well
  6. suka Well-Known Member

7. suka Well-Known Member

8. suka Well-Known Member

What i forgot to add is that we can post links to Norika's posts on the guide forums on this thread. She can't in any way respond to us here. she can only post and respond in the guide forums. but there is no rule keeping us from linking any posts here.

i asked specifically about that and was told it would be ok to do it.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

So far-- this is what we have. there are still servers with no one nominated. We really need more participation. Each showcase needs to have its own thread, but we can do the nominations on this thread unless someone wants to start a new one.

Maj'dul

Rainmare and Justwysper -- by suka
    Ceyarrecks -- by suka
    Vasciagio -- Merriel
    Sapphirius -- Uwkete
    Sigrdrifa --uwkete
    Lininu -- spextasy and Eryn
    Eryn -- Spextasy
    Wizzam - Spextasy and eryn
    Shannette -- Eryn
    spextasy -- uwkete

Antonia Bayle

Delepitore -- by Vichane
    Hilan -- by Vichane
    Arseni -- by Vichane
    Tenchigirl15 -- uwkete

Splitpaw

Elduren -- Merriel and Uwkete
    Quirrah - Uwekete

halls of Fate

Valzen (GH Surreal) --by Uwkete

Not sure of server:

Tock --- uwkete

Boglily -- uwkete
    kittybock -- uwkete

Please correct any mistakes i have made.
  10. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Shanette and Spextasy are the same person. Shanette is my main toon / decorator, Spextasy is just my forum name. =)
    suka, Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Eryn Well-Known Member

it's Linlainu not Lininu

#peeposaur
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

quiArrah . . . not quirrah. And Quiarrah is me. . . not Uwekete. I am my own person and decorator.
    suka, Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, but I nominated you! :D

Uwk
    Merriel and Quiarrah like this.
  14. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I am always touring homes on Splitpaw! I could tour them and then post them here as ones that are especially amazing that deserve to be in the showcase. I think I have a pretty good eye. . .
    suka, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Thank you Uwekete. I did not know why your name was next to mine. It's not like it said "Quiarrah. . Nominated by: Uwekete. LOL
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

Yeah, actually suka started the list with the statement nominee - by suka, so I understood what she meant. I can see your confusion though, Quiarrah. :)

I'll definitely have more names to nominate and would even include several of those already nominated in that list. I believe Boglily is on AB server, unless she moved with the free transfer tokens after the merges. (Boglily and Sapphirius are the same person, btw.)
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

the name to the side is not the owner but the one who suggested them
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

please copy the list, make corrections, add more nominees with your name by the side as the nominator, add your name to the ones you agree to nominate, and repost the list please. this way the list grows and we can also see who agrees to nominate each one. the ones with the most approvals will be the ones we showcase first

the reason for the list was to give us something to start working with. moreover, we will need to interview each nominator as well as the nominee
  19. suka Well-Known Member

please do
  20. suka Well-Known Member

nominee ------nominators
    Maj'dul

Rainmare and Justwysper -- by suka
    Ceyarrecks -- by suka
    Vasciagio -- Merriel
    Sapphirius -- Uwkete
    Sigrdrifa --uwkete
    Linlainu -- spextasy and Eryn
    Eryn -- Spextasy
    Wizzam - Spextasy and eryn
    Shannette -- Eryn and Uwkete

Antonia Bayle

Delepitore -- by Vichane
    Hilan -- by Vichane
    Arseni -- by Vichane
    Tenchigirl15 -- uwkete

Splitpaw

Elduren -- Merriel and Uwkete
    Quiarrah - Uwekete

halls of Fate

Valzen (GH Surreal) --by Uwkete

Not sure of server: which server are these on please

Tock --- uwkete

kittybock -- uwkete

please add to list, add your name as nominator, and post more names - need names on the other two servers
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.