Let's start a Norrathian Homeshow Showcase

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by suka, Feb 29, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

you are also welcome to submit your own homes for showcasing - or simply your toons as a decorator to be showcased.

• Character Name:
    • Server Name:
    • Title of your Home or Dungeon:
    this part after voting when we are ready to write a story - send in a pm to Suka and leave it open to invite others because it will be shared with the committee.
    • Description: Write a general description of your home or dungeon. Does it have a theme? Is there a story?
    • Images: Include up to 10 screenshots not exceeding 5MB. You can also send us URLs to your images hosted online. When taking screenshots, please toggle off your UI. The format of the images should be one of the following formats: .jpg, .png, .bmp, or .gif
    • Image Descriptions: Write a general description of each image. Include as many details as possible – tell us what we are seeing!
    If your house or dungeon is selected, it will be featured in a future Norrathian Homeshow on the EverQuest II website.

send in a pm to Suka if you want to be on the committee to choose and write stories.

you will receive a pm from me when you are chosen for the story. we will take them in the order of most votes. right now we have several with more than one vote
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

3. suka Well-Known Member

as soon as i get my computer back i will go tour houses on all of the servers to find some more names to add. shall we make it a goal to have the first group of showcases begin at the end of the month? that will give me time to get the computer back and get started on touring.

I will gladly write the first of the interviews and hopefully others will begin to pitch in. we don't have to settle for one a month or any limitations. if you know some one you want to write about in any of the threads, please do so. remember to contact other people who love them to get some input besides your own, and interview the persons themselves. then post your interview with the pictures under a separate thread with the name of the person you are showcasing, and make sure it says "showcase" in the title. and give it an interesting title too. like when they did me they wrote "Aerfren's Decorating Secrets Revealed" ours would add "A Showcase by (name of author) "
  4. suka Well-Known Member

5. suka Well-Known Member

oh and also Cheribomb. I don't remember which server she is on but i love her houses
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I would second a nomination for Cheribomb. Her projects are always amazing!
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Cheribomb is the one who did the carriage house, is she not? Amazingly beautiful job on those carriages. :)
  8. suka Well-Known Member

yes she did. she has also done a whole lot of amazing projects. i would love seeing her in the showcase
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

I would not mind volunteering to help out with some of this, though doing interviews and writing the articles is something I would not be able to do. Unfortunately, I have major changes happening this year and do not know yet what my time schedule is going to look like. I do not wish to commit to something when I do not know if I will have the time to commit to it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

totally understandable. however, i appreciate that you help nominate people. we will need people who nominate others. you have also done some exciting work and i want to see you showcased as well. i should be back in the game sometime tomorrow since my computer is supposed to be here sometime this evening. then i will get started touring and try to get the first few interviews started. anyone else wishing to contribute will be welcomed to do so
  11. suka Well-Known Member

ok i sent out a pm to each of you, all of you, and to certain other people as well. please let me know if you can join the team.
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

If you are planning to write up a showcase, this is an example questionnaire.
    Q: Do you have inspirations or themes for your homes? What are they?
    Q: Can you also show us your unfinished homes?
    Q: Do you have a favorite item on display in one of your homes? What makes it so special to you?
    Q: What server do you currently play on? In your opinion, what makes your server unique?
    Q: Are you involved in a guild or a close group of in-game friends? Share the story of how you came to be involved with them!

Q: Do you have any decorating tips?
    Q: Are visitors welcome to your homes? How can other players find your homes in-game?

Q Any links where your pics are published?

nominated by - and why"
    Q: What is it about (name) designs that inspired you to nominate her?
    Q: Do you have a favorite among (name) homes?
    Q: Is there anything else you’d like to share about (name)?
    Q: Why do you think (name) should be featured?
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Q: What is it about Miisty that inspired you to nominate her?
    (I don't know if this person is actively playing, or if she is the decorator of this home, but this home definitely deserves a spotlight)
    The home: Perfectly Ridiculous Sanctuary (currently #5 in the HoF under the default category, Maj'dul server)
    Owner: Miisty
    This house was created with a Bristlebane deity theme in mind, and truly fits the bill. Gorgeous elegance combined with flippant humor, this home just really drew me in. What caught my eye was the screenshot used to display it in the HoF, but the moment I stepped inside the house my jaw dropped open in amazement at what I saw.

I love the use of the black and white marble which was so creatively placed as to give it a very unique and Bristlebanesque look and feel to the atmosphere of the home. The hidden bounce items in the house startled me at first, but they just contribute to the fun house effect that I believe the decorator was trying to achieve in decorating this home. The treasure room is a lot of fun...and yes, it's possible to actually reach the treasure at the top of the room, as I did make it up there once myself.

I really had to chuckle when I discovered what the dancing Froglok's were wearing, and was quite surprised to find that such an item even exists in game (I just had to try the item on in the dressing room). :D

Overall a very fun experience touring this home.

Q: Do you have a favorite among Miisty's homes?
    As this is the only home of hers I have seen, I really don't have any others to judge it by, but I absolutely love this home of hers.

Q: Is there anything else you’d like to share about Miisty?
    Being that I really don't know anything else about her, other than that I love this home that she owns, there is nothing really I can add to this. Perhaps if she is still playing, the person who interviews her can find out more about her and the homes she has decorated. I would love to see more of her work.

Q: Why do you think Miisty should be featured? Because her home is unique and one of a kind. I have yet to see another home decorated in the manner this home of hers has been decorated.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

problem- her houses are not published and her mailbox is full. i tried to contact her today on HOF. hopefully if anyone knows her or if she is active she will contact us here. i don't know what name she goes by in the forums.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

however, while on hof i ran across an awesome decorator- several in fact, but i was impressed by this one. Meredithe. Anyone know her?
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Miisty's place is published I am in it now, are you spelling her name correctly?
    Never mind, I see where you made your error Suka, The house is number 5 Halls of Fame (HoF) not the server Halls of Fate
    Merriel, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

Maj'dul - lol - i will get in there today. and yes, i will gladly write her up. thank you for the correction. shall i add you to the list who nominated her? expect a pm shortly.

oh and does anyone know who she is on the forums?
  18. suka Well-Known Member

i remember that house- i toured it before. recognized it when i got in it. i love it
  19. suka Well-Known Member

kk i have an idea. when you nominate someone, could you please answer the questions on them? doesn't have to be in the thread- you can pm me with the questions and answers. just open a conversation with me.

and you don't have to nominate just one. nominate several. tell us who you like. i will try to get to all of them. it will take some time. if anyone wants to help me write each one up, that would be appreciated- just tell me which ones you want to do so i don't do them too.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hehe yes, I did include the server name in there too. Sorry for the confusion. I'll be submitting more names soon. Just been really busy and of course her home is just one of many many homes I do love. Her nomination is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.