Last Time I'm Going To Say This On Blood Rage

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Theyne, Dec 3, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Argan Guest

Rampage was fun as hell to use and watch go off on mobs...

Watching your power drain to nothing after casting one art as it spam proc'd wasn't :smileyvery-happy:
  2. ARCHIVED-tfbomb Guest

Going to have to agree with Thayne on this one.

At level 26 after some testing and a lot of log parsing, I found that it would proc approximately 3 times a fight (I do not have Adept 1 yet). I often pull with a bow and even proc on the one shot that it takes to pull the mob/group. The only art that would sometimes do more damage is Wound. I'm a believer in Blood Rage! Unfortunately, I cannot same the same thing for Fury, which I believe is grossly underpowered.

Matador
    26 Barbarian Berseker
    Slege Guild of Mistmoore
  3. ARCHIVED-andysweeney Guest

Personally at level 30, Blood Rage is one of my most used skills. When we aren't MTing, and the groups doing more than 2 mobs at once, Bloodrage is a very viable option.

When I'm main assist, I cast bloodrage before every pull, anger one target, shout to get all the aggro, and then use my AE attacks-- I can get bloodrage to proc 4-5 times a fight using a 2hs.
  4. ARCHIVED-hauug Guest

I use it all the time when im tanking in groups, I just time my healers healing pattern and 90% of the time I dont even reconize the HP drop as I hit the skill and i get a heal right away. Granted it took me a few times to figure it out and some luck but if you know what the intake damage is and when your healer is healing you you can play with that 20% HP cost and not even notice it. It does take practice though and sometimes you will get burnt. I wouldnt suggest doing it while tanking a raid mob as those 20% HPs may mean win/loose
  5. ARCHIVED-taraslar Guest

I have had little to no success on procs with blood rage adept 1 at level 27 except farming grey's for quest type things. The only success i've had with it is ticking off my healers :(
  6. ARCHIVED-Keethe Guest

well I've given up on Blood Rage, It rarely ever procs for me and is not worth me having to leave bloodlust off as I get much more efficient damage output having bloodlust on and I am not at the whim of chance, which lately seems to have forgotten I exist as I had about 10 fights without a single proc (which = ~230 damage X 10 fights (2300 hps) for a return of 0 damage) bleh, I can get good DPS and agro with bloodlust 100% of the time or decent damage and agro to everything around me about 10% of the time (if Im lucky). It has been relegated to grey farming for me now :/ Others mileage may vary but unless SOMETHING changes with it (proc rate or damage increase), i dont expect to ever bother with it again.

edit: If anyone knows any buffs that dont stack or cause BR to not proc other than bloodlust, let me know, I would love to actually get this to go off like it did a few levels ago.
    Message Edited by Keethe on 12-16-2004 08:48 AM