Last Time I'm Going To Say This On Blood Rage

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Theyne, Dec 3, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Ellindar Guest

All I got to say is sweet... I mean heck, as a guardian main tank, I'd rather you not use it so it doesn't draw the aggro off and not let me get it back. heheeh. (just teasin y'all) Seriously though, just sort of 'hunker down' for it, because we're all going to get nerfed several times on things as they bring things into balance... I mean being able to do all that damage and tank was a bit much, when guardian sacrifices all of his offense and still can't hold aggro as well. Now WE have something to complain about I think. lol
  2. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Heck Jherad I even use this on Yellows and Oranges. I don't farm Greys and Greens. As I said before with the health loss in the overall if you have a good healer then its not that big of a deal. And with the damage output you can get with it using a 2hander (I really believe 2handers make it go off more) its worth it. But hey if yall don't want to use something that adds more DPS to the class then thats fine. Just know that those of us that do are really benefiting from using it.
  3. ARCHIVED-maguino Guest

I would have to agree that this skill isn't quite useful anymore

1) It does damage RANDOMLY... I lose 20% hps for a CHANCE to proc for NORMAL dmg....
    "But I proc 4-5 times a fight! I do great damage with it!"

Guess what sparky.. I proc less than twice per fight with it, if at all. I have the best dmg ratio weapons i could possibly find, and my armor is current and pretty freak nasty. I get buffed to the eyeballs, and still i might proc once per fight with this... If theres a wizard in my group, that proc never becomes a reality.

2) The skill use to proc on itself , but that was nerfed, as was the dmg
    Its one or the other ppl... one or the other
    Both turns the skill into some sort of suicide move every encounter... I mean think about it... you could potentially lose half your dam hps if you somehow entered an encounter that lasted for 2 of its cycles, and for what???

Again, a CHANCE <------ to do 1 REGULAR hit on every mob in the encounter...

So we have the lost saying ' OH WOW! I just did a total of about 500 dmg on that proc!'

Holy COW! you hit the other mobs for 65 dmg EACH?! Jesus Christ!

The number could be impressive, but look it at effectively, and your tickling the other monsters ... I as a lvl 29 barbarian berserker cannot rely on this skill to do decent dmg... Doing regular dmg to each mob indivdually is pathetic if its going to occur now and then...

Even if proc'd 3 times (SOMEHOW) in a fight, on a pack of 5 whites, id be doing about 65 x 5 to all of them ( i noticed the dmg on the crazed swing is a bit more than a normal swing), id be doing 325 in total but only 65 to each of them! These mobs have HUGE hp pools tho, so this is meaningless dmg.. MEANINGLESS when compared to the self HASTE + ATK you could give yourself with bloodlust and attack much much faster and do a bit more dmg.... and bloodlust has no penalty

Does the cost justify the ability... NO, clearly NO

They either need to Un nerf its dmg, or let it proc on itself again, so that 1 proc could incur like 3 at one time like it use too... I mean lets do the math 5 mob white encounter, 65 dmg per swing ...... High total dmg , but still only 65 to each mob 3 times... so effectively its a 195 dmg AREA effect ! Oh WOW! STILL LESS THAN A WIZ AE of equal level (29) ... Something of which they can control, and use over and over and over!

Or they can Leave as is, but make near PERMA duration... Like soldier stance or Focus rage... I mean the dmg is weak because its spread over such a large quantity of mobs, and the cost is significant... or if thats too large a reward then perhaps make it an ability that drains hps gradually till you turn it off and increase its proc rate significantly...

Might as well go all out right? BLOOD RAGE , you turn it on and start loosing hps... you proc like its your job, and can turn it off when you want, or till your dead, or because you got all the aggro cause your a berserker and died anyway!

OR <-------- OR make it actually STACK with Bloodlust! I mean the buff icons can be used stacked, but the crazed swing doesn't come out while under the bloodlust effect!!! I mean this way we ATLEAST attack faster and have a slightly controled method at improving our chances for this DISMAL proc to occur
  4. ARCHIVED-maguino Guest

I would have to agree that this skill isn't quite useful anymore

1) It does damage RANDOMLY... I lose 20% hps for a CHANCE to proc for NORMAL dmg....
    "But I proc 4-5 times a fight! I do great damage with it!"

Guess what sparky.. I proc less than twice per fight with it, if at all. I have the best dmg ratio weapons i could possibly find, and my armor is current and pretty freak nasty. I get buffed to the eyeballs, and still i might proc once per fight with this... If theres a wizard in my group, that proc never becomes a reality.

2) The skill use to proc on itself , but that was nerfed, as was the dmg
    Its one or the other ppl... one or the other
    Both turns the skill into some sort of suicide move every encounter... I mean think about it... you could potentially lose half your dam hps if you somehow entered an encounter that lasted for 2 of its cycles, and for what???

Again, a CHANCE <------ to do 1 REGULAR hit on every mob in the encounter...

So we have the lost saying ' OH WOW! I just did a total of about 500 dmg on that proc!'

Holy COW! you hit the other mobs for 65 dmg EACH?! Jesus Christ!

The number could be impressive, but look it at effectively, and your tickling the other monsters ... I as a lvl 29 barbarian berserker cannot rely on this skill to do decent dmg... Doing regular dmg to each mob indivdually is pathetic if its going to occur now and then...

Even if proc'd 3 times (SOMEHOW) in a fight, on a pack of 5 whites, id be doing about 65 x 5 to all of them ( i noticed the dmg on the crazed swing is a bit more than a normal swing), id be doing 325 in total but only 65 to each of them! These mobs have HUGE hp pools tho, so this is meaningless dmg.. MEANINGLESS when compared to the self HASTE + ATK you could give yourself with bloodlust and attack much much faster and do a bit more dmg.... and bloodlust has no penalty

Does the cost justify the ability... NO, clearly NO

They either need to Un nerf its dmg, or let it proc on itself again, so that 1 proc could incur like 3 at one time like it use too... I mean lets do the math 5 mob white encounter, 65 dmg per swing ...... High total dmg , but still only 65 to each mob 3 times... so effectively its a 195 dmg AREA effect ! Oh WOW! STILL LESS THAN A WIZ AE of equal level (29) ... Something of which they can control, and use over and over and over!

Or they can Leave as is, but make near PERMA duration... Like soldier stance or Focus rage... I mean the dmg is weak because its spread over such a large quantity of mobs, and the cost is significant... or if thats too large a reward then perhaps make it an ability that drains hps gradually till you turn it off and increase its proc rate significantly...

Might as well go all out right? BLOOD RAGE , you turn it on and start loosing hps... you proc like its your job, and can turn it off when you want, or till your dead, or because you got all the aggro cause your a berserker and died anyway!

OR <-------- OR make it actually STACK with Bloodlust! I mean the buff icons can be used stacked, but the crazed swing doesn't come out while under the bloodlust effect!!! I mean this way we ATLEAST attack faster and have a slightly controled method at improving our chances for this DISMAL proc to occur
  5. ARCHIVED-maguino Guest

sorry about the double post man, browser problems
  6. ARCHIVED-Salimon Guest

imo blood rage sucks... it doesn't really do that much damage and doesn't proc enough. i would rather any class not just mine have an over powered skill then an under powered skill. i never use br in groups it just isn't worth it.and it seems to proc less when i am in groups. I would like to haver it proc off itself again or even have a chance to proc off EVERY hit on a AE hit(never seen it so it might work) that weould be much better. but for now i stick with blood lust
    Message Edited by Salimon on 12-04-2004 09:42 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Moonglade Guest

Drop Bloodlust, use Call to Arms and Focus Rage. You still go berserk from Focus Rage and you get your offensive bonuses from Call to Arms. Then use Blood Rage in groups (maintank or not).

I dont know which kind of weapon it works best with. Dual Wield, 1handed or 2handed. Tests would be nice.

Aside from this, I still think it could use a minor upgrade - 20% is a lot ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Elgusano Guest

Honestly, I am a 22 zerker, and spent a few days at 21 testing this skill. Its about only usefull for farming greys/greens. At 22 I am typically pushing 1200-1300 depending on what healer is buffing me, and over 1100 AC. Not the greatest, but certainly not the worst for my level. When I am fighting whites and above. Especially if they are grouped or ++, blood rage is TOO much health to sacrfice at this level. When I fight mobs that will barrage for 300's, and you can take 800 dmg in one round from 2 of them, I feel that a 20% hit is not worth it. If your healer lags. Your dead.

The short of it, is either make it a 5% health sacrifice, make it do more damage. 80-110 dmg is just fine. 150+ at my level is over powered. I consider 80-100 to be fine because most casters and scouts can hit for that or more at my level without those penalities. Do one or the other please, because right now I have this skill sidelined, especially if I am the main tank.

Prosecution

22 Ogre zerker of Permafrost
  9. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Fine don't believe me. But take a look at this parse.

Total Time Spent Fighting: 1771 Seconds
    Total Melee Damage Inflicted: 49474
    Overal Melee Damage Per Second: 27.9
    Ripostes Count: 56
    Parry Count: 223

Arts and Spells:
    Stomp: 7846
    Strike of Faith: 5973
    Orc Master's Strike: 6955
    Crazed Swing: 25679
    Maul: 8452
    Mangle: 4774
    Coup de Grace: 1857
    Stunning Cry: 3195
    Reckless Counter: 5721
    Vicious Blow: 4804
    Furious Rush: 287
    Furious Onslaught: 437
    Berserker Barrage: 634
    Crushing Anvil: 206
    Sword of Battle: 291
    Predatory Salve Strike: 185
    Whirlwind: 52

Total Art and Spell Damage: 77348
    Overal Damage: 126822
    Overal Damage per second: 71.61

So you think that Blood Rage isn't useful? Hmmmmmm. Well if you take a look at that parse you will see that the most damaging skill that was used in the fights was Crazed Swing, But OMG its a worthless skill! Its Crap! Sorry but I'll keep using it and keep doing more damage then yall. And my group will be that much happier because of how fast we are killing the mobs compared to your groups. :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Bazkra Guest

Theyne you dont want to understand, what most people here said or ?
    At the lvls you get Bloodrage - Its crap

At lvl 20-25, with app 3 and even with Adept 1, it rarely Procs. 1-2 Times a fight overall.
    Sony made a big mistake in giving the Skill a fixed dmg (Im also doing 60 dmg right now), and raising Proc time over lvl.

Btw its not helping anybody feeling better, if you say, Bersis are cool and Powerfull at lvl 40+. We should be balanced from lvl 20-50.

And in addition, why not just say, Berserker need a major Nerf, cause at lvl 50 we get 100% Backattack Chance, and every Hit procs an AE (if they didnt build in a major Disadvantage not mentioned in skill-List - It allready sounds too strong)
  11. ARCHIVED-Wolfherz Guest

I am not quite sure what you are talking about. I am not nearly as high as Thayne but I sure feel powerful. I am shreding as duo thru white and yellow group encounters. Using Blood Rage when approperiate. I totally disagree if you accusing Thayne of having the wrong perspective because he is high level. First he didnt jump over the 20s to get to his current level but he played thru them. Secondly if you don't like Blood Rage - don't use it. We have a whole arsenal of combat arts ... all powerful in their own ways.
  12. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

Not to nit-pick, but Thayne played through his 20's when Blood Rage was overpowered.
  13. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Not to also nitpick here but I really didn't use it all that much back when it was working how it was because I really didn't think it worked all that well. REASON for that was because in beta Blood Rage was broken for a lot of us. In the sense that our characters had a bugged version of Blood Rage making it so the skill would never work.

Now yes I did get to play around with it pre-nerf. And my gawd it was amazing, but it was also way to overpowered. Now since they made the change I've still been using it a lot. That parse I put up was just from a few days back so well after the Blood Rage nerf.
  14. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Bazkra man you sound like you just don't like the class. Maybe you should pickup another one. I made it through the 20-40 with the same skills as yall and am still loving the class how it is. If you don't like it I'm sorry, but its a dang fun class and I'm still kickin the booty. BTW I really didn't start using Blood Rage until around level 28 or so when we were doing Ruins of Varsoon. One night I go in there with an Adept I verson of Blood Rage and started demolishing the grouped mobs was like !!! ;) But then after the nerf a few days after that I decided to keep trying the skill out and you know what. Just because it doesn't demolish a room anymore it is still a great skill to use.
  15. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Have you ever heard of scaling?

you know some skills suck at certain "waypoints" on the lvling grind.... and because most people arent 30-50 right it doesnt matter if the skill is woth it in that lvl range...

Apparently at 40+ it is worth it as per your log..but of course tons of crap nto included on analysis is not shown..but that is regardless...

Just because at 40 you are doing a lot of damage with your specific group (pulling 3-5 and AoEin mobs) doesnt mean the skill is properly balanced at level 20,25,30.

Balance and balance throughout all levels is pretty key.....and that is the big picture.
  16. ARCHIVED-easttuth Guest

You have a way to increase the "dismal" rates at which the Crazed Swing occurs.

I make a living 2-boxing a berserker and shaman and the name of my game is attacking groups of mixed mobs, targetting the highest up arrow one, and having the others die before, at the same time as, or shortly after I kill the mob I have targetted. If you are only proccing Crazed Swings 2 times in 30 seconds, you must not be using any other AE dmg abilities, and must not be main tank.

I absolutely can't wait until I get a few more AE dmg abilities as they will make my damage absolutely obscene again, just like it was pre-nerf.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ryutsuba Guest

Don't use Blood Rage when you're MT. When you're not tanking, it'll just buff your DPS slightly while doing some damage that food or a group heal/group regen will take care of anyway. Where's the problem? Seemed pretty common sense to me. Should it proc more often? Probably, but the way it is now it's basically a free skill when you're not the MT.
  18. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Arden man I was using Blood Rage all thru the 30's after the Nerf so I don't know why you are saying its better at 40+. Its doing the same for me now as after nerf and its still extremely useful.

And the only time I'd use Blood Rage is if I am the MT. I'd not use it if I wasn't becuase I'd be pulling healing away from the healers if I used it and not being MT.
  19. ARCHIVED-Ryutsuba Guest

I'd not use it if I wasn't becuase I'd be pulling healing away from the healers if I used it and not being MT.

...but when you're the MT, injuring yourself to do more damage is incredibly counterproductive and sometimes quite dangerous. Besides, what kind of healer stops healing the MT to heal a DPS character who doesn't have aggro and is at 80% health? I still say it's meant to be used when not tanking.
  20. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Uh sorry Ryu but it makes tons more sense if your MT and use Blood Rage because you have Reactive Spells and Healing over Time spells on you to trump the HP you lose from Blood Rage. And I TOTALLY Disagree with you on the comment about its not meant to be used when Tanking. I always use it when tanking and I still have not died to a group because of healing when using Blood Rage. Only times I've taken the deaths are from Fear causing me to lose all my buffs or from adds that just overwhelmed us. So I'm sorry but saying that Blood Rage is not meant to be used for tanking is a laugh.