Kander's Candor: What's Going on with TLE?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprok Active Member

Was wondering if the EoF beta ended up dropping today, or if it will be starting next week instead?

Would love to plan accordingly.
  2. NeverHood New Member

Unfortunately , you can forget about Deathtoll because more players gone forever , who will be there to play? 50-60 people on each side ? It is not interesting. I understand that the game PvE , but if there is a pvp server means it is necessary for them to follow and work on them . Unfortunately , you have killed the last hope for PvP players ...
    Meneltel likes this.
  3. Shwetty Active Member

50-60 on each side of DT would be 5-7x the current amount.

Saturday afternoon 1 PM EST, 8 level 70 Fp's online (4 of those are bots), and 2 level 70 Q's online.
  4. NeverHood New Member

I play Moscow time . and it's not prime time . I suggested that when playing the majority of the people so much
  5. Raenius Well-Known Member

Just integrate pvp within all servers, let flag your character for pvp (lasts 30mins if activated, cant be cancelled) and set up public warfields (e.g. before the gates of Freeport) - everyone is eligible to take part or not, there is hardly any need for pvp-servers nowadays.
  6. Haskar Active Member

Getting back to Pardas Predd:
    Is there any raidguild killing the nameds? Or is everyone just killing Pardas, then running out of the room because the adds are unkillable/not worth the effort?

How are the other multi-encounter raidmobs after the patch?

Is this considered "a balanced raidmob"?
  7. Merkvah New Member

2 things with this... and I hate to be that guy, but....

First..... For the next vote, can we just vote to unlock every expansion up to the point where there is a reason to play again, whatever point that may be? Like, if things won't get better, like you say here, until Kunark, can we clump all the expansions into a single vote and just go there? Because seriously, another expansion where there's no reason to raid will probably kill my guild. We spent two and a half hours in Temple of Scale last night with a full raid of level 70 people killing x4 mobs, and got no loot at all. Nothing. No gear, no coin, no experience (level 70s)... nothing. What's the point?

If it's going to be like that until Kunark, can we go to Kunark now?

Second.... you say you can't improve the gear because it will mess with progression, but then you increase the mob DPS output to a point where the current gear cannot handle it? Does this seem consistant with your thinking?

Seven weeks after an expansion for which we know all the strats, and there are encounters which have never been beaten by even the top tier of raid guilds?

I figured with all the money Daybreak was raking in for TLE (I came out of retirement and subscribed 2 accounts just for TLE, not to mention marketplace purchases) it would make sense that y'all would be trying to keep the players happy, instead of giving them raid zones that don't even drop coin. I hate to be the guy who complains, because there are already enough of those, but SEVERAL folks in my guild are playing other games already... Archage, WoW... I actually reactivated my SW:TOR account because my EQ2 toon is 70/50 and can't raid... there's nothing to do. Please don't kill this. This is the last great adventure for a game we've loved for many, many years... please don't kill it.
    outtaspells likes this.
  8. outtaspells Member

Thanks for the reduction in mobs ability damage. The auto attack damage is still ridiculously high. We have to have so many healers in the raid to deal with spike damage that it takes forever to kill anything. When your tank dies because his healers can't keep up with the double taps from just auto attack on trash.

Please if you're not going to make raiding worthwhile at least make it fun. Make it so we can do more pick up raids to explore lyceum and labs or for raid guilds to complete claymore if the raid loot isn't going to change and become *raid loot*
  9. Toxin New Member

As much as I appreciate someone finally addressing the community directly with honesty and explanations. However, I believe an apology would have been nice.

Deathtoll is dead. Gone. Over the past month alone three guilds have left. Joining those who have gone to either Stormhold, Skyfire, or to other existing/upcoming games. (Unsubbed)

Basically, you're just too late. :( And that upsets me, believe me.

We felt ignored and shoved aside. There were even whispers that we were a quick cash grab. I continued to believe that we could pull through, that people leaving was just a phase.

Adjusting mobs difficulty and itemization among the other things...weeks too late. Well, at least for Deathtoll.

You may as well merge DT with SH to be honest. Sure, that'll destroy the PVP server, but the PVP was a joke to begin with. Listened to the whingers and had a huge lack of communication with the community, until...well, now.

Good job, and good luck.
  10. Xiao Member

feels bad man
  11. brains Member

Toxin.. an apology.. cmon bro... Kander could not even take 1 minute to address Deathtoll by itself in a separate thread... the betas they now release do not even have pvp on them. Not very encouraging for pvpers...
  12. geterdone Member

The best thing (besides making it f2p) they could do for both tle servers is make them free to transfer. A lot of people who quit dt when the population declined may have/still move to the other server. And if/when the population recovers enough some guilds may want to return to pvp.
  13. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

So much disrespect towards deathtoll and its (former) players. I guess you can get away with this type of management and customer service when you're dealing with a smaller population compared to PvE. I also know it was pretty profitable to begin with but now it's clear that is all DBG was after. I guess with a small staff, a half ***** quick cash grab is easier on the employee's. It's just good business.
  14. Sprok Active Member

I still can't believe people play this game for PvP, it was awful on Nagafen, it's awful now. Get over it, the rest of us are.
    Vunder and Raff like this.
  15. Drakemar New Member

Hi there,

Thanks for answering some of the questions. I've just always been curious to know why the TLE servers weren't using the state of the game at the time of the expansion. Could you kindly provide us some insights into why this wasn't the case?

Thank you,
    Drakemar
  16. Satyr Well-Known Member

We've been begging for transfers for months, we have given up. We liked PVP and it was excellent on Naggy, and it would have been excellent on Deathtoll with a minimal amount of work. Just because you didn't enjoy it, don't **** on the playstyle choices of people who did.
    Meneltel likes this.
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

The way the game is archetecturally designed means that the TLEs and the Live servers use the same database. So gear drops are the same, AA are the same, stats are the same. Many things cannot be changed for TLE without also changing them for live - which would be detrimental to live, and so on.

Disabling certain elements on TLE is how things are mostly being done.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

It was explained, when the TLE servers were just an idea, that this was not feasible. Enough people still expressed enough of an interest, that DBG went ahead with them.
  19. Creasote Well-Known Member

PVP is not for every one especially if you are bad at it or have a big ego. Some people can't handle dying or dealing with dynamic fights instead of scripted robotic fights.

This game was one of the better PvP mmos until the franchise tried to compete with and mimic WOW to appeal to the dumbed down masses. Nagafen was great and hugely popular until about the time of BGS and instanced pvp.
    Meneltel likes this.
  20. Rubick Well-Known Member

You're showcasing one of the reasons people just want pvp gone completely. If players like you quit, that would be fantastic. You guys are mostly just extremely mouthy scrubs that think you're amazing because you play on a PvP server. Having played on Nagafen for about a month to confirm my suspicions, PvP in this game is easy and most people are just terrible at it. If you think killing people that don't seem to know what half their buttons do makes you good then I imagine you fit right in on the cesspool PvP servers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.