Kander's Candor: What's Going on with TLE?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creasote Well-Known Member

Kander, will all this honesty and openness in this thread, I have to ask the question:

What is DBGs going to do about all the people using third party programs in the game? The ones if specifically mentioned in the forums get your post deleted or account banned?

I can't see myself returning unless there is some kind of remedy for this.

Thx
    Meneltel likes this.
  2. Kander Developer

What specifically mentioned in these threads would you like an answer to ? You'll need to be painfully specific.
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

umm... 3rd party programs? that is what they asked...
  4. Kander Developer

ACT is a third party program.
  5. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Just.../facepalm
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i'll explain it then.. that software which we're not allowed to mention, ACT we are clearly... the ones that enable the forms of boxing that are NOT supposedly allowed, but are quite common. where one keystroke controls multiple toons, making them all sit, attack etc at the exact same time, that allows them to be afk and automates their actions.. even tells them when someone sends a tell. it's a little hard when naming of said programs isn't allowed, but their use is ignored far too often in-game.
  7. Kander Developer

I'll answer it then. Maybe it has gotten around, but if you are botting, (not boxing), cheating or using 3rd party programs to manipulate content. We've been going after you. We have sent many people caught doing this to Drunder over the last few weeks. We will continue to look for you. You will be Drunder bound or banned. We've already sent over 200 accounts to Drunder over the last 6 weeks. More to come.
    Nockturnal, Scalo, Meneltel and 8 others like this.
  8. Daman New Member

So if we submit names of toons we know are doing this, can we be assured they will be looked into?
    Meneltel likes this.
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

now that... was a great answer.. thank you.
    Meneltel likes this.
  10. Shwetty Active Member

DOH!

Parser is/was and always has been allowed (if not directly supported by SOE/DBG) in this game.
    If it weren't, there would be no reason to port combat logs out to a txt file. I dont know about anyone else but the idea of manually reading 2GB of combat logs in notepad gives me chills.

Anyone that doesn't know about, or use [insert parser name here] has no business commenting on raids, or progression, or gear, since they have no idea how effective their toon is or isn't.

Parsing/parser are allowed. Always have been always will be.
    In-game macro's are allowed. Always have been, always will be.
    Even Logitech G15 macro/keyboard support is built right into game options.
    Have a razer naga, no problems.
  11. Prasecisqo Member

You all talk only about raid loot and raid mobs. Forgot about those who make population? Imagine how stupid are 3 arrow-up heroics - I havent found a group to make quests in (entry-level zone!!!) SoS since release of KoS - simply no one wants to bother. So you got my 2 accounts closed. Thanks, bye!

And btw 3 arrow heroics damage made ppl leave - try playing lower lvl zones as RE or Solusek Eye - you made it pain in a...

It was too easy for summoners to solo in heroic zones so you instead of nerfing their pets you just made mobs hit hard and ruined game for 75% of population. This is simple answer why people left.
  12. Creasote Well-Known Member

Thank you this answers my question.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  13. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

either way.. after reading this thread and losing all hope in eq2, and despite the fact it's nice to hear DGB is being active in dealing with cheaters... I'm out of here after dgb locked me out of my account for buying dgbc and pots for a different eq1 server.. cause you know, they have a discount going on... yeah the games have gone down hill and their customer service has degraded to the point it's not worth it. broken pay to play games, I will no longer pay for. good luck to all who stick around!
    Meneltel likes this.
  14. Shwetty Active Member

So Europa just left DT/quit TLE.
    They were the last raiding guild on DT.

Can we please get some DT love from DBG in the form of server xfer/merge in the next week or 2?
    Next month will be too late. I, for one will not level another toon from scratch either.
  15. Kander Developer

We are currently discussing letting players move back and forth in between the two TLE servers. We'll have some news regarding Deathtoll soon though. [TM]
    Meneltel, Shwetty, Satyr and 2 others like this.
  16. Greene Active Member

THANK YOU for this informative thread. That's all 99% of us need, is communicating. If people feel that they're being neglected, or that a server has no future, they're less inclined to log in or even give feedback.

I know some of my posts about TLE are harsh, but it's because I've had a lot of fun and hate to think it's going nowhere ;) Glad to hear there's plans.
  17. Demoneque Member

Yesterday's update to NPC difficulty made our night substantially more enjoyable! We entered the Labs to farm relic gear and had a much better time. The encounters were still challenging but not brutalizing. While previously large portions of the raid would be wiped out by AoE spells, they were instead heavily damaged; which is absolutely fine. We went back and pulled Lockjaw with success. When we had pulled him last week to test NPC difficulty, he was wiping the raid since his AE was hitting for 30k. It now hits for 15k and our tanks are able to survive.

Thank you for the adjustment. We'll continue to provide feedback as we get to explore more of KoS (finally!)
    Meneltel and Satyr like this.
  18. Arieste Well-Known Member

So if I'm reading htis right, you're saying that the use of ACT is a bannable offense?

Does htis mean that you plan to redesign pretty much every raid encounter in EQ2 to be doable without ACT?

Because, let's be honest - nearly every player in the game uses ACT. You specifically design encounters that require players to track things like AOEs, or specific damage outputs - all things that would be impossible to accomplish STRICTLY with the tools available in game. NO ONE is capable of tracking raidwise dps simply by watching combat text scroll by "very intently".
  19. Partyx New Member

This is all great but sadly a mistake. You let 3rd party programs go on for years and years. Then, you make a stand finally once the game population is already critical. You are literally killing this game... However, I do agree this would have a very good move years ago. Un-ban all those you banned except for the really bad ones. We need those 200 accounts friends. Granted some of them should remain banned. However, anyone with borderline offense should be un-banned and placed on a last warning deal. My 2 cents. Save the game! Don't kill it!
  20. Demoneque Member

I see why you'd interpret what Kander as him saying that use of ACT is not allowed. He later goes on to say that programs that manipulate content are not allowed. Gninja implies that ACT is absolutely okay to use since earlier in the thread he asked if people could email him ACT outputs so he can see mob performance.
    Meneltel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.