Kander's Candor: Rum Cellar and Beyond

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Kander, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Armageddoux Active Member

2. Wurm Well-Known Member

I have no idea where you get that you have to "do everything right" but lets look at things for a sec.

As a Paladin:

1) You wear plate armor and are not a squishy.

2) You can heal yourself.

3) Solo content is easy, no if ands or butts about it, it is called solo for a reason.

4) You can take a merc into most AoM solo content.

5) By doing the main AoM questline it gives you good upgrades to all ToV armor except 4 gem green or red gem raid armor.

It really isn't rocket science.
    Moonpanther, Neiloch and Tierisch like this.
  3. Tierisch Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no problems getting to the forums or posting here. I also have no lag issues. I know I am on one of the low population severs, but people are constantly complaining about lag in General and I don't see any of it.
    Neiloch likes this.
  4. Tierisch Well-Known Member

I have run 3 toons so far, a Necro, an SK and a Warden with a Merc through the solo instances, and there is no problem. I do not raid or group, my gear was the handcrafted level 95 AoM gear. The SOLO (not the advanced solo) is really non fail.
  5. Bashem Well-Known Member

I just ran "ipconfig /flushdns" from a cmd prompt and things seem to be working better here.
    Neiloch likes this.
  6. Thunuderfueler Member

I will not purchase this campaign or any further in the future.Rum Cellar should have been free to all that bought AoM like the old Adventure packs at least reduced price like the $5 it cost for the old packs.It too to me seems like it is going the way of Shaiya,those that can pay will be the best.I have just retired and am on a fixed income.This added expense is not in the budget.
    Greedon likes this.
  7. Jamzez Active Member

I will be purchasing this campaign to support a new company, that has a good dev team.
    Moonpanther, Covic and Naramsin like this.
  8. Ordonidaaru New Member

I agree with Zhaanish, this should be a free Adventure Pack.

The investment company thought they were buying a cash cow and instantly began moving towards monetizing everything and pushing content they think everyone will buy. SOE had long since abandoned the Solo players in favor of the Raiders and now that is being reinforced with this Rum Cellar garbage.

And reddit? Really??

Thank you very little, Daybreak...
    Bashem and Greedon like this.
  9. Ordonidaaru New Member

And just to reiterate: I bought this game over 11 years ago and there was never any understanding or implication that I would require a group of people to be able to play the game. Why have they been pushing things in this direction? Why do quests marked "Heroic" require one or more raids to be completed in order to complete? Wouldn't that be "Epic"??

MMO stands for "Massively Multi-player Online", not "Must Multi-play Or do without".
    Armageddoux likes this.
  10. Greedon Active Member

BAMM! Hit the nail on the head. It is a cost vs. return for me. AoM has had low return for time investment and fun. Fun vs. reward for time. Reward vs. fun time.

Thunderfueler has a point on cash flow, I am retired also. Rum Cellar for $15 is a prescription for one month. That may be hard for some to understand but that doesn't make it true.

That begs me to ask what is the community make up of players? Be honest what is the break down by age, hours played, new players vs. long timers. Where does Daybreak make their money? Is EQ2 growing or withering?
    Timber and Armageddoux like this.
  11. Greedon Active Member

So running the regular solo is just fine but running the advanced solo not so non-fail? I can run regular solo just like you. I am saying why buy more content that I can't enjoy?

There is a rhetorical question in this post somewhere.

G.
    Tierisch likes this.
  12. Timber Member

I am also on a fixed income. EQ2 has been my favorite downtime entertainment for years and I have never minded paying the monthly 15 bucks even though I honestly cannot justify the expense. I love EQ2s content, available play styles and everything else you get with the game. I pay for the collectors edition each time because I prefer to have all content available to me, I am already a valued customer and have been for over 10 years so I am offended that I would be asked to pay for any addition game content at all. I have found myself losing interest in the game of late and things like this do nothing to make me want to jump in and spend hours gaming. I have much respect for the devs of EQ2 and all the hard work they have put into the game all these years and listening to those of us who are dedicated to the game but I have to put my foot down on further costs in the game. Seems as though anything I want in the game these days will cost me real cash or months/years worth of sc.
  13. Dilligax Member

My 2 copper again , I also am retired , wife still works but that does not mean one can just pour money down a bottomless pit.
    I do not raid ,very seldom group. the regular solo content works for me .. while new content is always welcome if there is nothing there for me why buy it just to say i own it? I would rather see the powers to be correct the issues with the game currently than put more problems into it .. Let us stay on the game with out getting kicked off ..
    let us log onto the game without problems.. or just have items plain dissapear.. as far as Reddit im sure as heck not gonna waste my time with that mess.. and whoever altered my screen name please fix it , its Dilligad not Dilligax

Dilligad - Freport
  14. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I have similar concerns, but I would have worded it with "Why was the decision made to release and charge for campaigns during an expansion cycle which would have normally provided us with "free" Game Updates? Why not wait until the beginning of the next expansion cycle?
    Bashem likes this.
  15. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Any positive changes to enchanters in the near future?
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Don't expect free game updates anymore. DBR apparently needs to get revenue up asap.
  17. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I don't think it's unreasonable to have expected the usual method of releases for the current expansion. This is why I asked the question I did.
  18. Bashem Well-Known Member

We have a 15b company running things so I now worried they will go out of business soon but like many others I live on a very limited income and just paid 200- for CE and year sub now you want me to start buying more things that should have been included in AoM updates.

That does sit well with me and my future in this game.

And for those saying hey its only 15 bucks then all the more reason the new company that bought out my only game since 2004 should not be charging for the updated content!

Start doing your campaign in Nov if your planning to be going that way with game going forward.
    Svenone and Timber like this.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Your question is very reasonable. I would ask the same one. But reality started to look like we need to forget about them. Rum cellar should've been a GU including scouts, fighters and summoners changes but we will get charged for everything bundled up together. Or at least how it was presented.
  20. Kraeref Well-Known Member

You have to try and group or better try to raid when all passive procs go off simultaniously. Then you will understand what kind of lag raiders are talking about. Huge lag spikes. Nothing changed with regards to it by moving databases.
    Neiloch likes this.