Kael Drakkel

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Booooooooya, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-p3t3rl1 Guest

The only reason we go to KD is to finish off the Fallen swords HQ. No one stay around after. The loot is crap compared the the amount of time you need to spend. Master chest drop rate is low and so is the gem drop rate.

Kael contested = largest empty contested dungeon in eq2.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sedenten Guest

It's not that the loot is terrible, but that it's not very unique and is afflicted with the same cookie-cutter design that the rest of items in this expansion have. What the zone needs are highly unique drops that will draw people to the zone. Add effects that people will want to "camp" a named for that they can't easily get anywhere else in the game. Add a bunch of effects similar to what is on raid attained war runes (albeit either weaker than the raid versions or ones with entirely different effects). Drastically bump up the chance of an exquisite chest dropping from named (around 25% base if not higher).
    Also, bumping up the faction hit per kill would be a nice touch.
    I seriously haven't been back to the zone since finishing the Fallen Swords quest line. I really have no interest in going back, either.
  3. ARCHIVED-Coopendor Guest

Koinoo@Crushbone wrote:
    I think you have a great idea there Koinoo. Make it similar to the Shard of Hate for the Rune Etched Helm and stuff. I remember how many times I joined Pick up Raids for Shard of Hate just for the hopes of that hat to drop. There were oterh nice drops in there too, dont remember them all.
  4. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

Coopendor@The Bazaar wrote:
    It's almost always Empty on Antonia Bayle. It has nothing to do with Zone Population. This zone is just that bad. No one wants to go there.
  5. ARCHIVED-Raviel Guest

Kander wrote:
    i dont mean to necropost, but did this ever make it in? i havent seen any primal velium shard drops off of trash since ive been back in there
  6. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Raviel@Guk wrote:
    No, trash don't drop shards. Honestly though, with the new difficulty they shouldn't. You can pull whole rooms now, so it would just generate shards way too quicker for them to add in shards to trash now.