Kael Drakkel

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Booooooooya, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Serious bug that does need Kander's attention - upon entering the area with Neocorus Prime (Temple), on the right side (one of Neocorus' two spawn points) if you run along that wall there's a section of flooring that you fall right through if you've hugging the wall too closely, then you drift slowly downward. The server doesn't do that 'you've fallen under the world let us move you to nowhere near where you were' thing - you just keep floating downward completely unable to cast or do anything to get yourself out of the situation. I drifted about 10 minutes before I closed the game. After exiting and waiting for myself to go completely LD I logged back in and it had put me right in the middle of the entrance door. (Unfortunately with no way to get back to temple group easily)

Location: The wall near -600, 63,-2574, just run along it and you fall right through the floor.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kilnger Guest

Detor wrote:
    Tychron's main challenge is handling the wolves. They don't hit all that hard, but the fear can be defeated with by crouching/walking. A crusader tank pretty much invalidates the fear, and unless it's right on the verge of the wolf spawn, he doesn't hit hard enough to really cause any fear on a full HP tank with timers.
    More than anything else, this fight is a DPS check. The quicker the wolves go down, the less chance of a sudden burst and the easier time everyone has alive. He spawns three wolves and it's otherwise a simple and painless fight. It's actually one of the easiest fights in the zone, in my opinion, and is quite well balanced and fun. The loot is garbage though.
  3. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Kilnger wrote:
    I think at first we tried killing the wolves but they seemed to respawn almost right after they died, so instead we started ignoring the wolves and focusing on the named, sounds like that might have been a mistake. Thank you for the advice.
    Only other named that we had trouble with was Legatus Skarl who we just couldn't figure out at all. He puts a red pillar on somebody who is permastunned, the pillar appears after you're already stunned, he does a red emote that appears after you're already stunned 'Legatus Skarl turns his attention on XXXX', there's nothing to right click, nothing to target and kill, there's nothing to cure, we just ran out of any ideas other than you have to hope he doesn't pick a tank or healer. His 'immunis' adds seemed to immediately respawn as well the moment you kill them. Tychron we understood everything he did, but just couldn't survive it, but with Legatus Skarl we just don't know what he's doing at all. The red pillar seemed like a hint but there's no way to interact with it, and it isn't a warning either since it appears after you're already stunned.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Detor wrote:
    For Skarl, you should have 5 seconds to run from the pillar, I will look at it. Your pegged for slaughter, run from it.
    Tychron should only be mem-wiping 1 time every 50 to 60 seconds. I will look at that as well.
  5. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Could you ask the item team to complete Kael set and to add a set bonus ?
  6. ARCHIVED-Kilnger Guest

I want to make a moment to mention drop rates and boss difficulty real quick, just to give you a bit of info on some stuff going on Kander.
    Yesterday, we were in contested Kael long enough to complete all the shard quests planted around the bits of the zone (the ones from the busts of Rallos Zek). In the entire spam of time it took us to do all of them, we ended up with 11 masters, three gems (two treasured, one legendary), and zero trash drops. We also engaged four named bosses and wiped to each one for a variety of different reasons, wherein we just stopped caring and kept killing trash for shards. Is there some way you can modify the drops so that we aren't drowning with now worthless masters? I do realize you want the fabled loot to be rare, but there has to be some compromise somewhere.
    First off, as far as the bosses are concerned, every boss that has the curse "Marked as an Enemy" (One shot the group if not cured) has a reuse for the curse that cycles faster then a single cure curse. Sitting at 50% reuse, the curse came up at roughly with 10 seconds left on cure curse. Now, I realize your intent may be to have two healers on the contested, but the absolute rest of the dungeon (Songs of Thunder particularly) and most of the trash seem to make this only a necessary requirement for the bosses.
    Next, Songs of Thunder is in kinda a weird place. I like and appreciate that it gives people something to interrupt and a moment in time where heals are simply unable to be cast, but in multiple pull situations (which happen maddeningly often due to social/location/etc), Songs of Thunder is an unprecedented tank killer without measure. Songs of Thunder + any of the above bosses = death due to curse (see also pre fix weapon master), or when layered over Thunder Clap likewise means horrible painful death. Again, I don't necessarily think this ability is unfair or overpowered, simply because it can and should be interrupted, but it continually casts through mez and if the reuse times of the giants falls just right, horrible painful debuff + Songs of Thunder = dead tank/everyone else.
    Third, I've yet to find a single reason for killing the names. Most of them are obnoxiously hard, bordering on challenge mode Temple, and almost all of them have absolutely terrible loot beyond reason. The trash all drop better loot and give a better return for time invested (especially if you just stomp through the repeatable shard quests), nevermind that they all have a chance to drop fableds as well. Having a guaranteed trash drop off a named would go a long way towards people wanting to kill them, though it may also cause people to farm the easiest named non stop.
    Fourth, those who've completed all the "Giant parts" quests get rewarded with a shard and a title. This is awesome and I only have two small requests to add to that. For one, could you make it so that completing all the bust quests does the same (just a title/shard), and could it be possible to have the NPC that spawns in the Outpost give you repeatables for said "Giant parts?" Saying something like "Even more Shards of Lightning" off that NPC would go a long way to rewarding people who continually return to KD, plus it'd be an amazingly awesome and fun source of shards overall. There is a substantial reward for people who continually come back to this place, and something like this would increase the longevity of the zone, nevermind encouraging people to try what to come daily for the shards alone. This would also encourage people to go to Temple, seeing as how there is no current shard repeatable in there (at least, anywhere I could see), and the area is among the harder places within KD.
    Finally, and this is more a small issue than much else. The achievement for completing the zone is linked to Soren the Vindicator, an x4 mob. The achievement is in the heroic section. An x4 is in no way heroic. Any way this could be changed (say to all the names in the zone, or just a handful)? Or just make one achievement for a raid and one for a dungeon, dunno, but it's kinda annoying.
    Sorry for the overly long Feedback, I hope it helps. Love Kael Drakkel as is, just wish there was a reason to keep going back.
  7. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Kander wrote:
    Hmm, had it work today. My only guess is it's affected by server lag and going to work some times and not others. I'm sure you've seen those red messages being delayed for some reason from time to time far past when they should occur.
    Could you make Prefectus Kriegr not leash so quickly in Iceshard Keep area? Only thing we could do to get him was to clear ahead of time where he wasn't, send somebody on a suicide run to where he was, he'd aggro them, depop and respawn on top of us where we could then fight him. If you let him take a step or two before engaging he instantly leashes and despawns on you.
  8. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

The zone is still exeptionnaly unattractive.
    - We went there back again, we got three ornate and three server discoveries. So we are not at 5 discoveries. Since my groupmates are far from being among the best equiped people, this mean that almost nobody comes here.
    - There is an abuse of curses making a second heal almost necessarly.
    - Frontal kick back is something i can accept, but 360degree KB is a problem when most mob do have a deadly frontal.
    The drops quality is fine but the armor set is still worst than the public quest set.
    The only exquisite we got was perfectly useless, a master spell (ROFL).
  9. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Gorock@Storms wrote:
    I don't know that you can use discoveries as a guide, a group I was in today got a discovery on a fighter breastplate out of Temple instance, yet there have to have been people running that zone on my server, they just didn't get lucky enough to get the nonjewelry drop. And as hard as people say Kael Drakkel contested is here's a comparison to the third named in the Temple instance: on EASY mode, the 3rd named in the zone could autoattack (not a special, just regular old autoattack) for 72k dmg even though the tank was just 10% shy of supposedly mitigating the mob's entire critical. Seemed like daze worked though so just need a 2nd enchanter for him.
    There is one huge advantage for Kael too - you ever run Iceshard Keep and end up getting 5 straight scout drops (even a trash mob dropped 1 legendary item, and it was a scout boot I think, assiduis something)? At least with Kael Drakkel contested if something drops that nobody needs it doesn't just get transmuted, it can be given to somebody in guild who needs it still.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kilnger Guest

I should mention that the biggest reason to run Contested Kael is that it basically gives six (nobles, keep, old kael, new kael, throne, daily) shards within an hour (if your group all has teleporters) or two (if you kill your way through) with a half decent group. This isn't including trash/boss drops (which I believe are supposed to have a chance to drop shards), body part drops from first timers, and the various masters/trash loot you WILL get, as master loot seems to have a pretty ridiculously high chance of dropping.
    Granted, this is assuming a group that can put out a half decent amount of DPS, has a tank that isn't made of tissue paper, and a healer that isn't asleep. While some names cannot be solo healed at the moment, most of the ports put you right at the daily shard mission, and it's still very worthwhile to go in. You just have to not fail.
    I would be perfectly happy if you could walk in, get 6-12 shards (from repeatable body part drops), and leave, sicne shard quests take absolutely no time and it's almost universally better for your time to do the Kael shard repeatables. Alas, very few people realize the worth and enjoyment present in Kael and instead wish to waste their time with really terrible named hunting. Here's to seeing more balance changes to Kael.
  11. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Well we just started to go there and often someone will miss the TP and getting people synchronized is a mess. So i m not fully aware of the 6 shard missions ;-).
    I agree that the difficulty is about fine, i can solo heal the trash without much problems with a tank wearing PG gear with may adorn. But finding people to ge there is almost impossible, if broadcast a message to complete an ascend i get 10 replies, for Kael instance i may get 1, for open kael i usually get zero. Kael armor set remains totally unattractive.
    You say that a disco is not meaningfull but we got 5 chests and 5 discoveries.
  12. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

We had the same problem with Skarl, but we could still kill him 2nd pull.

The only thing we did was to spread out the chars so that only one player was affected by the pillar. As we had two healers that was enough to kill the mob. Some other nameds are definitely harder to beat.

But as mentioned many times before, the difficulty of the zone isn't the problem. It is the really bad return of investment that keeps people away from the zone as all you can get in there is plat and shards.
    The fabled trash drops I know of are great, but they are so rare, that you won't go there to farm them and the named drops are just not good enough to encourage people killing them, esp. as the nameds also seam to only have a small chance to drop a fabled items and the legendary drops are just not worth it (even compared to instance loot (and sometimes even to PQ loot)).

I guess part of the problem is that the easiest quest already award you with legendary gear. You have a gear system with 6 qualities but you only use two this expansion. No wonder there are so many problems with the balance and the spread of the items.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kilnger Guest

Gorock@Storms wrote:
    You don't really need porters to do the shard quest, you start at the zone in, slaughter your way to Old Kael, pick up the shard quest, kill around back to the entrance (should be the full amount), kill to the Keep, take the quest, kill your way out, head to old Kael via the arena, kill your way back (this statue's the furthest one, next to the porter), New Kael, to Thtrone, done.
    It's pretty fun and quick, all things considered.
  14. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Ran into a weird bug with Interex on the last few runs. Got near him, and he would despawn. NOT aggroing him either, it's not that he's leashing, I literally saw him blink into existence at one spawn point, then vanish, we fought to one of his other known spots and he was far off in the distance (no chance we aggroed him accidentally) but still visible, then he vanished from there too. Very very strange.
    Edit: We did eventually get him btw, he just kept changing spawn points even though he wasn't aggroed. Eventually he would stop, it seemed like he did it for about 5-10 minutes after he had just respawned.
  15. ARCHIVED-EndevorX Guest

Calberak@Valor wrote:
    QFE.
  16. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

I've now seen numerous named do the same thing. After they spawn, if you engage them in the first 10 minutes or so after respawning they despawn on you, aggroed or not, they vanish and go to another spawn point.
    Also, got a fabled item drop. Gaze of the Masterful Cerberus. Was so excited to see a FABLED item trash drop, but then it turned out to be totally pointless to equip. When most other charms have 30% or so multiattack or 26% DPS mod, it has......2% attack speed. Kind of odd for a fabled item.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Detor wrote:
    Please feel free to post any wonkey items you find so we can get them looked at.
    Fabled items should not be odd, they should be great.
  18. ARCHIVED-Leovinus Guest

Kander wrote:
    The Effigy of Rallos (\aITEM -1206807801 -393874278:Effigy of Rallos\/a off the named in the entryway) still has 5 riposte damage and no MA, which, I'm sorry, is crap. If you are in a group in that zone, you probably aren't looking for gear to solo with, which is the excuse I believe Silius used for putting so much riposte stuff on scout gear. It needs a bunch of MA to be worth even considering.
  19. ARCHIVED-WasteDLing Guest

You should take a look at the charm rewards for the collection quests, most fighter/scout charms had MA added to them but these still dont have any of that, so they are fairly useless and considering the difficulty getting some of them (completing all kael instance collections for one), they really should be usefull in some way.
  20. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

WasteDLing wrote:
    I've actually noticed that on everything from the Kael quested rewards, to Kael legendary drops, to rare trash drops, to fabled item drops. The Kael items have the base things, potency and crit bonus, but then lack those 'extra' stats that you get from instance drops elsewhere. You'll see an item out of one of the Rime instances for example that'll have 4.6 crit bonus/potency and 30 multiattack. Then you'll see an item out of Kael for the same slot that has 4.9 crit bonus/potency, but no multiattack at all. Or other slots, the instance drops have varying degrees of DPS, then on the kael item of the same slot it'll have higher potency/crit bonus but no DPS mod.
    Or, like that item I mentioned earlier, Gaze of the Masterful Cerberus. Kael fabled drop and it has 2% attack speed. Legendary item from instance? 30% multiattack on one, 26% DPS mod on another.