Kael Drakkel

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Booooooooya, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Detor wrote:
    Please post those items or PM me with them so I can get the item gods to look at them.
    I will ask that the quest charms get looked at as well.
  2. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Kander wrote:
    Ok, here's a few, I need to ask others about the other items:
    Kael Drakkel Item: Gaze of the Masterful Cerberus - 2% Attack Speed, 13.2% crit chance, 5.2% crit bonus/potency, FABLED compare to: Legendary - Velium Washed Grommet - 30.8% multi attack chance, 11% crit chance, 5% crit bonus and potency.
    Kael Drakkel Item: Ring of the Storm Guard - 1.8% attack speed, 4.9% crit bonus/potency. Compare to instanced drop: Epidemic Band 23.4% DPS mod and crit bonus/potency.
    Kael Drakkel Item: Earstud of Exhumed Energies - 4.9% crit bonus/potency, no casting speed, nothing else other than potency/crit bonus. Multiple instance items have + ability casting speed for priests earring slot.
    Kael Drakkel Item: Quartermaster's Earring - 4.9% crit bonus/potency, no ability reuse. Compare to instanced drop like Earring of Crushing Storms with crit bonus/potency and ability reuse.
    Kael Drakkel Item: Ring of the Kromzek Storm Priest - 4.9% crit bonus/potency. Instance drops usually have crit bonus/potency and ability reuse for this slot and archetype (priest).
    Kael Drakkel item: Earring of Velium Force - 4.9% crit bonus/potency. Mage, instance drops typically have + ability reuse (as mentioned under Quartermaster's Earring).
    Kael Drakkel Item: Blade of Grankr 39% crit chance, 4.9% crit bonus/potency. Compare to other drops like Sword of the Vigilis with 12.2% DPS mod, 1.6% AE chance, 39% crit chance, 4.9 crit bonus/potency.
    Kael Drakkel Item: Ring of Velium Dust 4.9% crit bonus/potency, no other blue stats. Compare to instance drops from rime, even ToFS that can have 20+% DPS mod or multiattack chances.
    Kael Drakkel Item: Bangle of the Storm Guard, now this one actually has 5.4% multiattack, which is about what you intended (right?) since I think the only instance drops with higher are bugged ones you're changing ala the recent change to Enraging Wristlet of the Changeling.
    Velium Chain of the Storm Guard 4.9% crit bonus/potency, no blue stats.
    I need to look up the name, but I could swear I'd seen a bow item with only crit bonus/potency/crit chance, no DPS/multiattack like some rime stuff with 11.5% DPS AND 11.5% multiattack on the same item.

Overall theme on the items I mentioned seems to be a lack of anything other than crit bonus/potency, whereas the slots seemingly are intended for other things like ability reuse/casting speed/multiattack/DPS mods as other items from other zones have those stats on the items. The absolute most glaring one is definately the FABLED charm I started with, with it's 2% attack speed taking the place of 30.8% multiattack on a legendary item.

Not item related, but could you find out if the giants are suppose to have their innate crit bonus in addition to the buff's stated value? (dicussion thread http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=498735) Eg, Kromzek contested giants that didn't get their crit mitigation reduced when instances did, and still have anywhere from 110-130% crit bonus, but then seem to have the innate 50% warrior bonus too so you need 180% crit mitigation to counteract the spikes from crits. At first glance most people just think 'Hey, I just need to get to the same point as it says on the buff.' so that's a bit confusing to most since they don't remember the innate crit bonus for different classes until you tell them that's why the NPCs are still hitting so hard. It's presumably the reason a tank can have 130% crit mitigation and still get crit hit for 70k dmg in a Kael instance.
    Thank you Kander for your work on Kael Drakkel. In EQ1 I allied myself with the giants (slaughtered the dwarves by the truckload), but this go around I think I'm having more fun killing giants than I would have just killing dwarves again.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

Has anyone had much luck with gems in here at all? I've spent 8 hours in the past 2 days in there, and maybe about 10 or so hours before that, and seen only a single gem drop for armour. That was long before any of us even had enough shards to consider getting any bought, or even had the recipes to utilise them, but now that i'm able to get the forearms and boots, we're not seeing any gems drop. I got quite lucky and bought a citrine gem on the broker for only 50p, got my wardens forearms made, but i've been keeping an eye on the broker and not seen a single Citrine or jaundiced gem since, tons of the other though since they are a guarenteed drop from named in instances. It's frustrating going through the entirety of kael, killing numerous named and not getting a single gem to drop, especially when there are 6 of you that can use it. While you're looking into the jewelry drops, do you mind having a gander at the gem drops too and seeing if they're working correctly? 1 drop in 18 hours for 6 people just doesn't seem to work.
  4. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Nebbeny wrote:
    I've seen 3 jaundice gems, 2 rough lava ruby, 1 rough citrine, and 25 rough emeralds since the expansion came out.

Here's another item: Kael Drakkel - Forged Velium Cloak, 3.9% attack speed, crit bonus/potency, while solo quested items have 20+ % multiattack (like Vicious Ry'Gorr cloak)

It's like attack speed has some HUGE weight in your internal item generation formulas, that makes 1% attack speed seem like the equivalent of 8% multiattack or so which doesn't make much sense as far as how I understand attack speed and multiattack work.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Detor wrote:
    Thank you, I will ask that these items get looked at.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Detor wrote:
    Raid cloaks also don't have MA :(
  7. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Legatus Skarl is still acting oddly. He'll do a red message for one person, then spawn the pillar on a different person. Also sometimes the red thing will spawn on one person, yet a different member of the group gets permastunned.

Edit: Here's my understanding of how it is suppose to work. He spawns a red pillar and does a red announcement saying 'Skarl turns his attention to XXXX' to indicate who it is spawning on, you move within 5 seconds and you won't be stunned. Anybody that doesn't move is permanently stunned until the fight ends (no detrimental or way to cure or chance to escape the pillar since it keeps you stunned.) Sometimes the red pillar will despawn when another new one spawns, but other times you end up multiple pillars up all over the place to avoid so not sure if the pillars are meant to despawn or stay up. Here's where things get screwy.
    He'll shout for one person, then spawn a pillar on a different person (and it isn't the red message lag from multiple messages, because he'll screw up on his first shout).
    Sometimes the pillar spawns on one person, but stuns another.
    Sometimes you can turn the camera and see that you absolutely NOT near the red pillar - yet you too are permanently stunned for some unexplainable reason (no detrimentals on you).
    Basically, neat idea, but right now I'd rather you just make him do something that works consistently like fearing, adds, etc. because right now I'm more inclined to tell groups just to go around him when possible.
  8. ARCHIVED-totti72 Guest

Kander wrote:
    That sounds good however only 1% drop chance on legendary+ gems and 0,1% fabled is still terrible.
  9. ARCHIVED-Twisty Guest

Fabled Kael Contested ear is missing about 2.4% Reuse. That would put it in line with stat progression from IceShard keep earing Studs of Cerebral Ignition (altho the set bonus would still push Kael fabled earing to be inferior). Sidenote - noone I know has ever seen the *set* earing of any arch-type drop from trash in Iceshard (lootdb.com claims it does tho). And set earings certainly don't drop from any bosses in Iceshard.
    [IMG]

Legendary Kael Contested bracer is missing at least 2.2% reuse. Altho, again, with set bonus Iceshard Keep bracer is clearly superior.

[IMG]
  10. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Here's an item that's way way way out of line considering where it drops, Temple area, 'Trinket of the Neocorus', it's mage, secondary, 4.2% crit bonus/potency, while you can get things out of The Ascent instance, common drops, that have 4.6% crit bonus/potency, heck, there are named in Kael Drakkel that drop 4.9% and are in the easier parts of the zone compared to Neocorus in Temple.

Also, there appears to be a bug with Marked as an Enemy. Normally it's a curse, that you have about 5 seconds to cure or it instantly kills the entire group with focus damage, numerous names use this ability. Sometimes however the moment it lands it goes off, doesn't give you 5 seconds to cure like it should.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

Quick question about "working as intended" in KD.

Every giant I examined last night has a buff on them that give +100 Crit Avoidance. (and 115% CB)
    Seemed like every giant also "procs" an uncurable debuff that gives me -100 crit Chance. (Winds of Kael maybe?)
    I understand that the "debuff" is meant to affect healers, while the "buff" is intended to affect anyone trying to touch the mob, but together they seem brutal.
    Doesn't this equate to 300% CC required to actually have 100% CC?

I spent a couple hours in there last night with a mage who had 146% CC (low I know) and ACT says his zonewide CC was 46%. Something doesn't add up to me.
  12. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

the debuff decreases the groups beneficial crit chance and does not interact with the buff on the mob. Your addition is flawed ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

Nebbeny wrote:
    So explain it to me.
    1. mob having +100 crit avoidance zeros out my 100% crit chance, right? which puts me at 0% crit chance.
    2. Then the debuff knocks me down another 100% CC, which makes me -100% CC
    3. or if I STARTED at 200% CC, leaves me at 0% right?
  14. ARCHIVED-ffd700 Guest

I think the debuffing of the beneficial crit chance is in regards to incoming heals on you. So your healer has to have at least 200% crit for 100% crit heals, if that's the case.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

Ohhh, not again~!!!
    Another new "class-discrimination" zone, with new terrible mind-set so called Elitist group saying we don't need paladin in our group.
    ever been experienced like this? i have, too many times, even i tried other different pick-up groups.
    in my opinion, the scale of difficulty, it feel like epic, a major fail zone. devs just failed again with wrong folks, they just feed more to "elitist" stuck-up snobs.
    by the time, i get my 2nd alt reaching 90 lvl, i have right class character and suddenly, they changed their mind and get drop for other players, even i had most master spells scribed.
    now that is pure frustration, how do i am able to explore the zone i never seen or get quests updated.
    i am sick of massive health base they got, more health they have and more chance i go falling to boredom and soon, Zzzzzz... after i just had woke up and had cup of coffee and in 20 mins i get sleepy again. cut that massive health base crap, i want to see them die fast, way lot faster, not for pounding senseless for 10 min til they die.
    raids are getting boring and too long, i prefer classic 50 lvl raids that is smaller zone and be out within 30 mins, not for 4-6 hours non-stop.
    my opinion, it just need series of multiple raid zones and easier to plan some "goals" to make very realistic.
    some got small kids, need regular meal times by doctor's order, take a break to recover physical health or mental, or pets need you, or unexpected needs.
    Keal zone is massive, and that is very big problem, due to a group wipe, some players dont even want to repeat same run to take out respawning trash mobs that benifit no one, it need "Revive Check Point" marker so they dont have to kill same mobs and getting closer to the goal they need.
  16. ARCHIVED-p3t3rl1 Guest

I just want to express my opinion about this zone. I understand that this is the biggest contested dungeon in EQ2 and alot of efforts went into designing this zone.
    However, as you all aware, this zone is also the biggest empty zone. I am on the Antonia Bayle server, the most populated server in EQ2 and most times this zone is empty.

Casuals don't have the gear to survive in this zone, raiders won't bother with this zone because nothing good drops and killing trash is just time wasting. I have grouped with countless people, including a group of members from WW1st raid guilds and even those guys won't bother to kill trash.

I have been in this zone mainly to finish up my fallen swords quest. As you all aware, this quest requires getting to Iceshard keep, Thrones and Storms and Temple of Rallos Zek area. As Temple of Rallos Zek requires all teleporter quests being done, it has being a major block as most groups simply do not last long enough to finish the teleporter quests let alone get the signature quest update.
    The thing that I find really annoying is when you get those two headed mobs that power drains together with giants. When you are being powerdrained and getting aoe'ed by the giants that ignore your wards, most groups do not recover and will wipe. As humans, most are not patient and after a few unluckly incidents like those most will not attempt the zone again.
    Most tanks simply do not want to tank in this zone. I have been asking for tanks for contested kael for days and most tanks simply refuse to go there. The low reward vs time spent ratio makes this zone pointless.
    Please fix this.
  17. ARCHIVED-Coopendor Guest

My guild and I have a very strong core group of 6 that runs KD contested 2 to 3 times a week. We too get bored with the "grinding" there. We are only hitting the area to get our portal quests done (only Old Kael left) and to get some dropped gems. We do not raid as we are a casual guild and do not have enough geared/experienced players to do so. We just grind instances for the shards and the possible upgraded gear drop.
    Friday evening (5/27/11) we spent more than 4 hours in KD contested getting as many portal updates as possible and figuring on 2 or 3 gems. We did not get one gem to drop at all. We did get a couple of exquisite chests that only held Master spells for nobody in the group. We are really needing some Jaundice and Citrene gems to drop. All of our group has all the other Ry`Gorr gear. Everyone is after the bracers and boots. A couple of us still need the gem for the pants too. Ruby's ?
    We are SO SICK of seeing the Emeralds, Marbles, and the little more rare Diamonds. It's very frustrating trying to gear up with these gems limiting us so badly.
    The amount of mobs in there seem to be on the excessive side. I dont mind having to clear trash but you are only moving 20 meters at a time between mobs. Makes it exceedingly tiresome and long. As far as gear drops are concerned (when it does drop), they seem to be good in some stats but lacking badly in other necessary ones. Speaking of excessive mobs, the Iceshard Keep are is insane!!! Tons of giants on a 5 minute respawn?? You clear one room move on to the next and the other room is respawned before you get done with the next room. This can be a hassle mainly from the roamers.
    Basically, I would like to see less mobs, some minor gear adjustments, and PLEASE, PLease, please, get some of those gems to drop!!! I would think that better than 4 hours would be enough to get 4 gems. 1 gem/hour seems fair to me.

Coop
  18. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

Iceshard Keep is an instance and IIRC the mobs don't repop.
    But I've been to Contested Kael once. We got a few drops, but I won't be going back. It's a waste of time when I can run the Kael Instances or Rime for loot that's actually better when you factor in all the blue stats.
    If they spent that much time on this zone, it was time pretty much wasted. Sure a few hardcores or sympathizers may praise the zone on the forums, but the proof's in the pudding. This "contested" zone is so uncontested that it mind as well should have been an instance. No one wants to go there unless a quest or something progression-related makes them go there.
    Most people are buying x2 loot out of Auction instead of doing any of the KD instances or Kael Contested. The developers do not see that they have balanced these zones out of reach of most people? It's even worse when you factor in the easymode PQ gear and how loot progresses so terribly through the early instances, and the fact that you have to farm infinite amounts of PVS to gear up and adorn your gear to not get one shotted in half of these zones.
  19. ARCHIVED-Alexanderal Guest

There is a version of Iceshard keep inside KD contested also with repopping mobs like the rest of the zone. But to echo above statements, the loot chances in the KD zone is way too low.

Also, I don't think that Temple drops have been modified. We killed the first named in the Temple instance and got some 86/86 ranged item that was so bad we laughed and just left. Loot there needs to be looked at.
  20. ARCHIVED-Coopendor Guest

Alexanderal wrote:
    We also got that same crappy drop. First time we have tried the zone. That 86/86 crappy charm dropped and the whole group turned up their noses and we turned around and went back to KD contested.
    To Trensharo:
    There is an Icy Keep area in KD contested. You need to get there for the portal questline that will let you port to several areas throughout the zone with out having to clear all the way through. Appparently it also unlocks the Temple area as well.
    Being on The Bazaar server, we have very little population so there is never anyone in there. I dont think anyone on our server has even completed the portal questline. My guild group is probably going to get that questline completed and maybe check out the Temple area once its unlocked and then be done with it unless the gear and drop rates get improved.