Jokernaut? Maybe not...

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-SwordsEdge, Apr 11, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-SwordsEdge Guest

After reading the post about the uselessness of this art, I used it heavily last night in Sanctum just to see what the impact was...or wasnt. Rarely am I not tanking but I had the opportunity yesterday to dual wield and be dps.

At Adpet I and legendary everything, using the art clearly made a difference. At lvl 66, I did pull aggro from a lvl 70 tank once. I usually lose aggro, not pull it, lol.

Anyway, thumbs up on a unique and kind of fun art when not tanking. When tanking it is useless. Could it be better? Yes, but not every art or attack can be an "ice comet".
  2. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

...you must be joking - because this skill is useless.
    Blows my mind people defend this worse than useless skill. Sure people will accuse me of whining for pointing out the glaringly obvious - which is there is virtually no situation in which you can fight challenging content and use this skill. On the other hand, I think zerkers flat out rock even without having a real T7 skill. We don't need anything else. I don't care if SOE fixes this bogus waste of a hot bar space or not, but if they are going to take the time and pay a developer to develop a T7 skill for us, well it ought to be one that the majority of us might actually consider using once in a while.
    Given the incredible penalty it blows my mind that some people claim they can solo heroics with it. Guess the Jokernaut post flushed the ranger post trollers as well as the fanbois. Zerkers rock with or with out this skill - right now I have to rock without it.
    Rage on!
    BTW - not a personal attack on swordsedge - more a response to the other odd responses in the locked post.
    Message Edited by Rousso on 04-11-2006 03:12 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Gorethok Guest

I chatted with the dev who is responsible for combat arts and he said there are currently NO plans to change this :smileymad: He said that it had its use and I said "you mean like in a raid when you aren't tanking..but at the same time want to die?" and he said "yes" lol. so bad news, I really hope it gets changed but all the devs seemed pretty happy with it atm.

Gorethok <Last name nerfed>
    70 Berserker of Crushbone
    Leader of Elysium
  4. ARCHIVED-SwordsEdge Guest

not taken personally...
    I think that you are right. However, in some cases, I think it works and is kinda fun. But a very few cases. Like I said...useless when tanking.
  5. ARCHIVED-Steelheart Guest

This is actually a pretty neat offensive ability (when not tanking) when used in conjuntion with rampage/destruction.
  6. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

You forgot to add "And when you want to get three shotted and killed."
  7. ARCHIVED-Steelheart Guest

Rarely happens. This is not a combination to use at the beginning of a battle. A good Guard should have agro control by the time the raid encounter is at 50% or less. If you don't spam your attacks between then and the start of the battle you shouldn't gain agro. I love being able to do good dps, but do it smartly.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kolorean Yoritomo Guest

I like the skill, the skill idea, I just think the crit chance needs to be upped to around 50%. I enjoy the idea of the old Zerker, where we put out tons of damage, and could steal aggro anytime we wanted. I think there are some good AA options to be used with this skill also. I got a master of it last night, and I am somewhat happy with it, just up the damage.
  9. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Yeah, this way you'll do awesome damage, do no damage at all in a 5 minute fight except shortly before the end to use juggernaut.
  10. ARCHIVED-Steelheart Guest

Your sarcasim is unwarrented. I didn't say don't use specials....i said don't spam them. There's a big difference unless your goal is to actually TRY to take agro from your MT on a raid (which usually leads to a raid wipe). We also have many uses on raids in addition to our dmg abilities. Our STR buff is awesome when we're put into a mellee dps grp. If you're looking to MT for your grp or raid than use another ability, this ones not for you. In addition (and i'll have to check to be sure) 1 of our end AA abilities removes negative effects from us that our regular abilities put on us. Not sure if that includes this 1 or not, but will research and find out.
    So many people just wanna complain when a certain ability doesn't fit their particular playstyle. This doesn't mean it's broken. Find a solution on your own to make it work for you.............don't sit there a whine about it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Nobody cares for our damage on raids and certainly nobody will say "We need more damage on our raid, let's look for a beserker, they have juggernaut.".
    The problem with this certain ability is that it is only useful in a dps-role on raids while all other fighter classes get a spell helping them when tanking. I can't understand why SOE gave only beserkers a new spell with such limited use.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

Just a rumor...but I head from a semi-reliable source, who heard it from his uncle's brother's hairdresser's best friend, that SOE is considering improving this skill by adding a 2% chance for the bezerker to cast exploding corpse on an enemy encounter if killed while using jokernaut. The corpse explosion effect hits the entire encounter - up to 4 mobs - with 3x times the beserkers remaining hitpoints. This just might make it all worthwhile =P - of course with all that extra DPS a nerf is inevitable.
  13. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

This is not a "playstyle" problem where ppl "choose" to be sorta dps, especially when they want to "seem" useful on raids by adding dps. It's a problem on the way classes are supposed to do what they do. Fighters tank, thats thier archtype. It's the same as asking a swash to Aggro a mob, hold aggro and tank it, then and only then can this swash use thier unique lvl 65 ancient spell that does 8k dmg or whatever.

giving a tank a CA that only works when your not tanking is a flaw, nothing else.
  14. ARCHIVED-Montaigu Guest

Hey bro,
    Judging the effectiveness of this CA (juggernaught) by whether or not it pulled agro off of a tank that is 4 levels higher than you is a poor method of testing it. Everyone knows how screwed up agro can be. Aside from that, high agro on this CA is not a good thing, less of course your tanking with it, and if you are you wont be for long. No will ever convince me, that loosing 2080 Mitigation does not matter, even if its only for 24 seconds. All it takes, is 1-3 good hits well your mitigation is reduced to put you down for good. Even non raiders have to recognize this, just go tank some mobs in HOF. Even if your not tanking, I have seen other group members go down 1-2-3 due to AE Attacks.
    I think that you will find, that the increased damage from critical hits is minimal at best and that the increased damage of Combat Arts is not really that significant either. Now I havnet tested the AD3 or M1, as I just dont see this CA being useful for tanking OR increased damage, because even when I am playing a support role in a raid I still have to worry about reists and this CA reduces not only mitigation by 2080 but also all resists.
    Even without the Negative effects, this combat art would still be lame. Do the Devs really think that this CA is that powerful? Scout classes get CAs that increase there haste/dps up 90%. For this CA to be useful at all, the crit chance needs to be increased significantly and critical hits need to start being meaningful. Half the time I see a critical hit, it is for less or equal to, what I normally hit for. How useful is that? Wow I am going to hit for a critical hit 27% of the time for the next 24 seconds, for the same amount of damage I normally hit for!
    Lastly, what I find very perculiar, is that they dont list how much of an increase we are getting to Combat Arts. Why is it being kept a secret?
    Would be nice to see something like this on it.
    Adept 1 version All Combat Arts have there base damage increased by 25%
    Adept 3 version All Combat Arts have there base damage increased by 30%
    Master 1 version All Combat Arts have there base damage increased by 35%
    At this time, with the AD1 version. I am only noticing a less than 10% increase in Combat Art Damage. I will edit this post after I have some time to test this out again and get more exact numbers. Right now, I am not even sure if the increase in base damage to Combat Arts even scales with the version of the CA. Maybe i will buy the M1 and check it out. Depends on if its on the broker and whether or not its going for some insane price like 30p.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kyriel Guest

You pplx need hush.

its a perfectly fine skill. Learn how to play =)
  16. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

You seem to be a very wise man and obviously know how to tank group/raid content with juggernaut. Please share your insights with us.
  17. ARCHIVED-lungdart Guest

Its easy just dont use it at the begining of a fight. The true skill is timing it so you KILL the mob with it. Its an awesome combat art
  18. ARCHIVED-Kyriel Guest

Oh why thank ya! And I'd be a women, thnx~
    Here's a hint....

Pwess da taunt......no pwess da juggernaut.....
    OR.....
    Pwess da juggernaut....no pwess da taunts......

Like i've said before........ ist not meant for tanking. It's to give us soem DPS. So we are a tank class. This skill is a bonus, so that if we are not tanking, we can have a little boost in DPS. Don't use it when ur tanking, of course, you'll get butt-*****. Fighting epic mobs? Not tanking? IF you stand in on the mob... Don't use it when a massive AE is about to go off...
    If I remember in early EQ1.... warriors would only go beserk when low on health right? Wouldnt that be concidered a penalty? Having to stay low health if you wanted to beserk? /shrug... Yeah yeah this aint eq1 and its not that great of a comparison, but I am just saying... there is nothing wrong with a little bit of penalty.... After all we are a TANK class, we were not born DPS.... so why should we have no or very little penalty to having dps? I think this skill is fine the way it is. Maybe they could up the crit % a little as it upgrades, maybe...
  19. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Ok, so every beserker who playes a tank doesn't know how to play?
  20. ARCHIVED-Kyriel Guest

Obviously not if you're using a skill that decreases your mit while your tanking and come to the forums to complain :smileyindifferent: