It's time to give bards poisons.

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-BubbaCajunOG, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Darkelfelin Guest

Kyaaadaa@Nagafen wrote:
    This. You can add "not all healers have wards, or reacs, of HoTs..."
  2. ARCHIVED-Darkelfelin Guest

Taryn@Nagafen wrote:
    We are not using poisons we just have a proc that have "poison" in its name. Why is it so hard to make the difference?
    If we follow what you are saying, EVERYONE is using poison because everyone can probably wear items with procs that have "poison" in their description...
    Oh and assassins can infect our blades with poison... So we are using poison again! But so can all warriors with that proc... Should they get crafted poisons too?
    In fact they should change the name/description of Poison concoction to be smth else without poison. That way it would stop being a poor argument for bards to use crafted poisons.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kulaf Guest

Yerazankha@Storms wrote:
    Well I think you need to take off your Dirge hat and try wearing mine for a bit. As a Troub I have a MUCH harder time tuning offensive stats like DPS, Crit and DA because other than DKTM/Harbingers I have NO ability to buff those and since I mainly sit in a caster heavy group......neither do my group mates. Most of my buffs are primaily geared towards buffing casters, not melee. Most of my casters are at 100% crit self buffed in SF so DKTM might be helping your melee heavy groups but it is pretty useless to my caster heavy groups. However if there was say a Troub AA somewhere that converted DKTM to adding Potency instead of Crit % that would be well received by the entire Troub community I would wager.
    SOE seems to be forgetting Troubs when designign AA that are shared between our two classes.
  4. ARCHIVED-nipxur Guest

Kulanae@Blackburrow wrote:
    Why are they still geared to be at 100% self buffed? I'd be asking your mages why they are gearing up to be at 100% crit instead of gearing up for 90% crit and getting more crit bonus. There's no reason for a mage to be self-buffed to 100% when they have a troub in the group, they SHOULD be swapping out some of that crit gear for crit bonus/potency gear. DKTM is useful still because it allows for your mages to be more flexible in the gear they choose.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kulaf Guest

I'll survey some of my regular casters and get some numbers but my guess is they have to work pretty hard to not overcap on crit. I'll post again with some hard numbers.
    However I still say there needs to be some differentiation between Dirges and Troubs with AA. For Troubs our ability to self buff ourselves seems to drop every expansion as the only thing we seem to be able to focus on is gear designed for both classes. We are a lot more caster oriented than Dirges and it just keeps getting worse as more and more gear highlights melee offense to the detriment of spell offense.
  6. ARCHIVED-Darkelfelin Guest

nipxur wrote:
    Hey man, when you do a quote, try to make it correctly ;)
    I'm not the one who posted the message you are quoting...
  7. ARCHIVED-lollipop Guest

would love to see troubs and bards use crafted posions. Would also help the alche community.