Item Effects: Nostalgia and more!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Caith, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Revanu Well-Known Member

If anything is done on curse of darkness, it should be made into a passive buff instead of a temp and double it’s dmg. It’s a beyond poor mans version of frigid gift.

as for concussive blast, I meant baseline de aggro abilities. Wizards have a hate xfer as do locks, lock xfer is just half of wiz.

and being pigeonholed into take concussive is a major sacrifice in dmg. If stacks mattered u could argue it’s merit, but in current form warlock prestige is a joke. So it’s not as impactful
  2. Moss Well-Known Member

I do not want to see any more clicky/buff on items that gives more direct/indirect DPS power to the players. I want to see items that allow to balance class or gives you situational effect.

I'd be nice to have only 2-3 adornment slots reserved for those proc/effects and players would have have to choose which one they need/want depending on their class or play style. Some only usuable out of fight.

Some of those items already exists:
    - an effect that give +6 hate position / or -6 hate position
    - an effect to raise your raid/group (like the charm)
    - an item that faint death you/reset all aggro
    - an items that raise you when dead when activated (you would need to cast it before the fight, and it would raise when you cancel it)
    - an item that allows you to teleport to your target out of fight
    - an item that allows you to evac you group
    - an item that heals/or mana regen you or your target immediatly (may be like the Conver Power of enchanters)
    - an item that reduce all or a % of incoming all damage for a very short duration
    - an item that give a temporary area of effect protection to your group
    - an item that gives you or your group some in combat move speed for a limited time, or to cast while moving
    - an item to remove all effect hostile effect on a target and immunes for a short period of time
    - an item that remove all stun/stiflle/root/mezz effects on you

Many if not all of the effect I listed already exists or are abilites that are available on some class and could be great to have on other class. It could also solve some issue where players complains that you could not do zone A without class B because you need that ability. With a limited risk of making some class even more overpowered. May be some effect could be limited to class or archetype that do not already have a similar ability.

If there are enough effect and very limited slots available it could create good synergies in group/raid and offer some way to create new scripts and contribute to all play still solo/group/raid. In order not to make some scripts too easy they would need to be balance if they are found too powerful (reuse time, duration, not cast speed please).
  3. Xavion Well-Known Member

not sure if this fits this thread but since its item effects
    So i don't know if this is even doable but I think a reasonable balance for class adorns that many want along with some of the old/new ascension adorns would be to make them temporary adorns. This would allow more use of these adorns as many atm don't even waste a slot for them as they aren't as good as other adorns or they are too weak. A vendor or as a rare drop could give these temp adorns and they would be priced accordingly to time/power scale.

Example
    • Fighter Class Rune 2mil plat (1hr) / 7mil (4hr) / 12.5mil (8hr)
    • Trained for Battle 25k (1hr) 20k (4hr) 15k(8hr)
    Just as a rough example of how it could be priced or work. I think this would reduce major issue of balance being around class adorns being overpowered when they have a time limit and limited use without a huge plat sinks associated with it. This would stop people from being reckless with always using them nonstop but also give a wanted buff to have.

This idea can also work for various gear or item procs maybe as a temp adorn maybe even as some other ethereal purple adorn effects or old orange adorn effects. Would definitely make a great plat sink as the infusion is going away with xpac18 and would make a good replacement
  4. Standard Member

So you have to buy Krono in the marketplace and sell them to unlock your class buff? This is truly the most depressing and horrible idea I've read here.. I think. 7 MILLION plat for 4 hours of OP? Ugh, god there's so much wrong with this I barely know where to start. It wouldn't make a great plat sink, it'd make the pay to win element that's ruining EQ2 literally hundreds of times worse and put this game 6 feet in the ground within a couple of months.

Seriously, you need to go sit somewhere quiet and have a good think about what you wrote.
    Priority likes this.
  5. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Absolutely not. This is a horrible idea. Earned mission reward currency? Sure. Millions of plat? Jesus, have some sense. The only reason Kronos are 14.5 million plat on most servers right now is solely due to exploits. If duping and exploiting plat wasn't in the game, they would be a couple thousand.
    Twyla, Arclite and Priority like this.
  6. Xavion Well-Known Member

more adorns effects we need
    • Magmatic Link
      Applies Magmatic Link when Activated. Lasts for 24.0 seconds.
      Increases the target's Fervor by 51%-75%. The value increases based on how many group members are within a range of 10 or less from the caster.
      Increases the target's Fervor Overcap by 51%-75%. The value increases based on how many group members are within a range of 10 or less from the caster.
      Must be engaged in combat
      Cannot be modified except by direct means
      The casting time of Magmatic Link is 2.2 seconds and the reuse time of the spell is 9 minutes
    • Starborn
      Applies Starborn when Activated. Lasts for 14.0 seconds.
      On death this spell will cast Starborn Phoenix on caster. Lasts for 24.0 seconds.
      Heals target for 27.7% of caster's max health.
      Heals target for 1.2% of caster's max health every 2 seconds.
      This effect cannot be critically applied.
      Increases Fervor of target by 7.5.
      Grants a total of 1 trigger of the spell.
      Wards caster against all damage for 15.1% of the caster's maximum health
      The casting time of Starborn is 1.0 second and the reuse time of the spell is 8 minutes
    • All-Out Brawl
      Applies All-Out Brawl when Activated. Lasts for 10.0 seconds.
      Increases Weapon Damage of caster by 150.0.
      Increases Weapon Damage Overcap of caster by 150.0.
      Reduces all damage done to caster by 5%, if between 1 and 6 increments multiplied by increment stacks.
      Each group member who activates this increases its duration by 10 seconds and increments by 1. At 6 increments, each archetype receives additional effects.
      The casting time of All-Out Brawl is 0.5 seconds and the reuse time of the spell is 15 minutes
    • Entwined Enmity
      Applies Entwined Enmity when Activated. Lasts for 15.0 seconds.
      Heals group members for 20.0% of caster's max health.
      Heals group members for 10.0% of caster's max health every 7.5 seconds.
      This effect cannot be critically applied.
      Increases Max Health of group members by 10.0%.
      Requires 25 stacks of Enmitic Escalation to cast.
      The casting time of Entwined Enmity is 2.0 seconds and the reuse time of the spell is 2 minutes
      Enmitic Escalation
      When Equipped:
      On a healing spell cast this spell will cast Enmitic Escalation on caster. Lasts for 30.0 seconds.
      Builds charges of Enmitic Escalation.
    • Mounting Malevolence
      When Equipped:
      On a hostile ability cast this spell will cast Mounting Malevolence on caster. Lasts for 30.0 seconds.
      Builds charges of Mounting Malevolence.
      Malevolent Mantra
      Applies Malevolent Mantra when Activated. Lasts for 15.0 seconds.
      Increases Potency of group members (AE) by 500.0%.
      Requires 50 stacks of Mounting Malevolence to cast.
      The casting time of Malevolent Mantra is 2.0 seconds and the reuse time of the spell is 2 minutes
    • Gravity Flux
      When Equipped:
      On a damage spell hit this spell may cast Gravity Flux on target of spell. Triggers about 2.0 times per minute.
      Interrupts target encounter
      Inflicts 1986 crushing damage on target encounter.
    • Deathly Lifetap
      When Equipped:
      On a critical combat hit this spell may cast Deathly Lifetap on target of attack. Triggers about 2.0 times per minute.
      Inflicts 1918 - 2877 magic damage on target
      Heals caster for 1277 - 1916
    • Mind Bugs
      Applies Mind Bugs when Activated. Lasts for 2 hours.
      Increases Max Health of caster by 9.9%.
      Increases Max Power of caster by 9.9%.
      Increases Crit Bonus Overcap of caster by 27.4.
      Reduces power cost of all spells and abilities by 5%.
      If used while Brawl for One is maintained, gain a portion of those effects.
      The casting time of Mind Bugs is 1.0 second and the reuse time of the spell is 5 minutes
    • Poison Proficiency III
      When Equipped:
      Increases poison trigger chance by 3.0%.
    • Clairvoyant Preparation
      When Equipped:
      On a spell cast this spell may cast Clairvoyant Preparation on caster. Lasts for 20.0 seconds. Triggers about 1.8 times per minute.
      Reduces the power cost of the casters next spell by 50%
    • The Bell Tolls II
      Applies The Bell Tolls II when Activated. Lasts for 12.0 seconds.
      On any combat or spell hit this spell will cast The Bell Tolls II on target of attack.
      Inflicts 300, 000 magic damage on the target. Deals an extra 300, 000 magic damage for every 25% health the target is damaged.
      Grants a total of 1 trigger of the spell.
      This item may not be used in a PvP zone.
      The reuse time of The Bell Tolls II is 1 minute
    • Cornered Bovine
      Applies Cornered Bovine when Activated. Lasts for 30.0 seconds.
      Summons a bovine that inflicts damage to up to 3 epic enemies who are engaged with the caster. It can be hit by AOE attacks.
      The reuse time of Cornered Bovine is 1 minute
    • Veeshan's Restoration III
      When Equipped:
      On a healing spell cast this spell may cast Veeshan's Restoration III on the group. Lasts for 8.0 seconds. Triggers about 3.0 times per minute.
      Instantly restores 3.75% of incoming damage to the group
    • Essence of Shadow
      Applies Essence of Shadow when Equipped.
      Increases Fervor of caster by 85.0.
      Increases Fervor Overcap of caster by 30.0.
    • Bertoxxulous' Blessing III
      Applies Bertoxxulous' Blessing III when Activated. Lasts for 1 minute 30 seconds.
      Inflicts 457600 disease damage on target instantly and every second.
      Inflicts an additional 48400 disease damage on target every tick.
      Inflicts 4.5% of max health in disease damage on caster instantly and every second.
      Inflicts an additional 0.9% of max health in disease damage on caster every tick.
      The reuse time of Bertoxxulous' Blessing III is 1 minute 30 seconds
    • The Finisher III
      When Equipped:
      Increases Potency of caster by 52.0%.
      Improves the potency of all abilities by 110% when the target is below 50% health. This effect will not stack with any other finisher effect.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

Thanks Caith, all three of these items were upgraded for VoV.

8. Heccie Thump Member

The one thing I always remember from the early days of EQ2, and which screams nostalgia are the Prismatic Weapon effects from the original epic quest line and the Mark of the Awakened from the Kingdom of Sky expansion. The MoA effect was a floaty rune symbol that appeared in front of your character's chest and was an effect from a necklace. It was a huge status symbol item for having completed the quest line at a time when there were no guild halls and Qeynos and Freeport Harbours were always packed with players.

Link to it in Eq2i: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Mark_of_the_Awakened_Intellect
    Sheyn, Twyla and Mercychalice like this.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

This, from every class. There are many AA that have simply outlived their usefulness. They've "aged out" if you will, and quite frankly, some of them just don't do anything that's worth the points spent in them to get to the things at the bottom, and some of those are probably questionable at best.
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Also, while I absolutely love the idea of returns of many of these things...I hate the idea that I have to find them individually EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The Account Keyring system PoP had was an absolutely beautiful idea. I would love to see that return. So that if I found an adornment of whatever, I could pop my alts up to buy it after I had looted it once. It was such a huge help towards increasing variety and playability of more than just my main class. I was much more interested in playing that year than the years after, when item drops have become increasingly rare and much more difficult to get once, much less many times. I've only seen one or two adornments drop this year (RNG...I have so many dirty words for RNG). so this would be of interest to someone like me.
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Thand Well-Known Member

most of the old decent item effects seem to be weapon blue only
  12. floofloobunny Active Member

I just miss the shrink effect from the bovich that was nerfed. I specifically setup and played a character as a goofy prankster , a kerra wearing funny armor and fish weapons, rides the lil bug mount. Was so fun zipping around.
    My other shrink items dont get me to the same level of shrinkage. Please figure out a way to return it, then I can dust her off and play happily again like a dork
  13. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yes and therefore, apart from in a few exceptional cases, they're unlikely to ever be used.
  14. floofloobunny Active Member

adding in the personae reflection spell for Illusionists , when we got the pet wands I used the pink dragon on her and now i have a huge assortment of pet illusions that wont work on her anymore. I dont know why, back in 2018 when I noticed it stopped working, I tested my wands and got the fae bug to work but nothing I would use regularly .

I can get confused which is my pet and which is me so having an illusion to differentiate her is super helpful plus I like the look of so any pet illusions but cant use them anymore. Unsure if this was a bug or intended, but would be great to have this looked at. Thanks
  15. Travo5000 New Member

In EQ1, it was the Naturewalker's Scimitar. I recall stumbling into Kaladim one evening, on my lowly Dwarf...and a visiting Elven Druid was there in a courtyard, with a golden hilted blade that had cascading leaves falling from it. It inspired me so much, that I started a Level 1 Druid myself, and did not deviate until I acquired one of my own. It meant joining a guild and branching out (no pun intended) as to earn and obtain such, took slaying a dragon with a raid force! The paladin's flame 2H was my other favorite, but I did not go for that one ;) edit: I'd enjoy more particle effects or difficult to obtain, iconic class specific blades.
    Twyla likes this.
  16. Sheyn Member

I'd love to see a Nostalgia series of Petamorph Wands / Fluff Pets revolving around EQ1, and some Effects around EQ2 Deities

Both in Petamorph and Fluff versions would be awesome:

a snake (literally the newbie snake, like both EQ2 and EQ1 have in newbie zones)
    a rat (same deal)
    a skeleton
    a spider

Petamorph Wand: Pendril's Animation ... unlike EQ1's tho, I imagine the shield and sword would re-holster as they do in EQ2 so the running animation of it wouldn't be like EQ1. That's cool though.

TRAIN!!!!

Baubble that when used, summons the visual effect of about 7 Ghostly gnolls that appear about 20 meters in front of the character's facing direction and run towards the player. They simply disappear once they get to the player and poof. But still ....
  17. Sheyn Member

Here's the laborious work around to try, works for me every time:

Unsummon your Personnae
    Unsummon your Mount
    Cancel any current illusion if one is up
    Summon your Personnae
    Cast your Petamorph Wand
    Resummon your Mount
    Re-illusion yourself (if this is your vibe)

Only ickiness is on the Illy. My necro / channeler / conjy / BL have zero issues. Must be the reflection taking on our appearance modifications as a buff of it's own and something conflicts. Dunno ... but that method does work.

- Sheyn