Item Effects: Nostalgia and more!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Caith, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

This items can still be used as preclicky, but the effects are not on new items anymore
  2. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

just play a sorc or assassin!
  3. Lucutious Active Member

Overloaded Heal items were pretty bang-up for tanks when I was going out to do content on my own. Raiding situations I swapped them out for other pieces.

I think this actually highlights my main issue. There's no choices. Give me some. Let me pick if I want to maximize DPS or Heals or maybe I'm in a group with 3 monster rangers so I need to maximize hate. There's a plethora of ideas that could be used but that's what we want. Choice!

Maybe it's not effects on gear - maybe the effect is on an adornment that we can put on any specific piece we want? I'm not a huge fan of adornments but at least that's choice!
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

It's not so much an effect, but I did love the gear back in ToV that had really good offensive stats but 0 stamina on it. It gave the risk vs reward factor. Maybe some effects along those lines could be interesting. Also similar to Bloodthirsty Choker

E.G -
    A large potency/CB boost exchanged for 75% less healing recieved.
    Massive auto attack boosts in exchange for negative run speed and increased damage.

In short, just give us choices. Not just whatever has the most Potency/CB.
    Virtuosity likes this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Mercychalice likes this.
  6. Scalo Active Member

of course Kerafyrm's Rites was such a nice and quite an overpowered buff, but nowadays it is especially interesting to all those people who exploit Tribunal miracle to bypass certain raid scripts. I mean - lets just focus on fixing current stuff.
  7. Virtuosity Active Member

I would love for that to be given a buff that made it viable to use this expac, especially considering how rare it was. Far far rarer than the summer ethereal or celestial stuff that got the buff.
  8. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I'd like to see items add procs to lesser used priest spells like single target heals. Adding a crit bonus/fervor/pot proc or maybe a mini stoneskin would make those spells more useful and add a new wrinkle in healing.

I'd also like to see some procs that add effects to cures (similar to current priest AAs).
  9. Xavion Well-Known Member

List of effects id love to see updated or brought back
    • Adamantine Constitution
      When Equipped:
      Reduces all damage done to caster by up to 3,500.
      This effect does not stack with itself when adorned on multiple items
      Cannot be modified except by direct means
    • Descent of Drinal
      When Equipped:
      You must be in combat to benefit from these effects.
      Heals group members for 1444 every 2 seconds and increases their Crit Bonus by 6%
    • Empyrean Cipher
      When Equipped:
      When damaged this spell has a 10% chance to cast Cipher on caster. Lasts for 3 minutes.
      Applies Cipher on termination.
      Increases power of group members by 556.
      If above level 92
      Will absorb all damage. This spell will absorb a total of 2 attacks.
      If above level 92
    • Ethereal Leach
      When Equipped:
      On any combat or spell hit, Ethereal Leach procs a lifetap based off of the casters maximum health.
    • Ethereal Retaliation
      When Equipped:
      On any combat or spell hit may grant Retaliation. Retaliation will reflect the next attack over 10% of the casters health.
    • Ethereal Shielding
      When Equipped:
      On beneficial spell cast Ethereal Shielding may grant stoneskin to the group. This stoneskin effect will only trigger once for each groupmember.
    • Planar Ascension
      When Equipped:
      Reduces the recast time of all Ascension abilities by 20%.
    • Growing Power
      Applies Growing Power when Activated. Lasts for 40.0 seconds.
      Increases Potency of caster by 178.0%.
      Increases Potency of caster by an additional 6.6% every 2 seconds
      This item may not be used in a PvP zone.
      The reuse time of Growing Power is 2 minutes
    • Deathtouch
      Applies Deathtouch when Activated. Lasts for 20.0 seconds.
      Instantly kills weaker targets and inflicts damage to stronger targets
      Deals reduced damage to named enemies
      Increases Crit Bonus and Potency by 100 for 60 seconds after use
      The reuse time of Deathtouch is 2 minutes
    • Fear Barrage
      Applies Fear Barrage when Activated.
      Fires a powerful beam of fear straight ahead of the caster, dealing 2,990,840 damage to any targets in its path. The damage ticks 3 additional times.
      Targets hit by the beam are also afflicted with a crippling fear that saps STR, WIS, INT, and AGI and take 3% more damage for 15 seconds
      Does not affect Epic targets
      The reuse time of Fear Barrage is 1 minute
    • Power of Malice
      When Equipped:
      Increases the wearer's Potency by 72. If the wearer is the top of an enemy's hatelist, the value is increased to 96.
      Increases the wearer's health by 20,000. If the wearer is the top of an enemy's hatelist, the value is increased to 42,000.
    • Empyrean Recovery IV
      When Equipped:
      Reduces reuse time of all spells by 4 percent.
    • Velium Flames IV
      When Equipped:
      If adorned on the same item, this effect will not stack with itself.
      On a critical spell hit this spell may cast Velium Flames IV on target of spell. Lasts for 16.0 seconds. Triggers about 2.0 times per minute.
      Inflicts 4866 - 5379 heat damage on target.
      Decreases Mitigation of target vs elemental damage by 1850.
      Must not be engaged in pvp combat
      On a critical combat hit this spell may cast Velium Flames IV on target of attack. Lasts for 16.0 seconds. Triggers about 2.0 times per minute.
      Inflicts 4866 - 5379 heat damage on target.
      Decreases Mitigation of target vs elemental damage by 1850.
      Must not be engaged in pvp combat
    • Building Furor
      When Equipped:
      When any damage is received this spell has a 30% chance to cast Building Furor on target. Lasts for 30.0 seconds.
      Increases STA of caster by 100.0, multiplied by increment stacks.
      Increases Potency of caster by 10.0%, multiplied by increment stacks.
      This effect increments up to 10 times.
      This effect can only trigger once every 1.0 second.
    • Dragon Grit
      Applies Dragon Grit when Activated. Lasts for 20.0 seconds.
      Reduces all damage done to caster by 15%. This spell will absorb a total of 20 attacks.
      The reuse time of Dragon Grit is 2 minutes
    Some custom effects id love to see
    • Shadows Hunger: 10% chance to cast on any hostile cast hit, caster takes 10% more damage but all self heals/lifetaps are based off of 15% maximum health of the caster for 20 seconds. Can only trigger once every 30 secs.
    • Bloody Resort: Applies Bloody Resort when Activated. Lasts for 20.0 seconds. Casters max hp is reduced by 700% and gains 15% fervor and fervor overcap of the caster base fervor value.
    • Devouring Aura: Caster consumes all wards casted on them for the next 10 seconds to reduce all damage done to caster by 15%.
    • Hydras Technique: When equipped allows all aoes to gain 10% more range and +1 max target to hit
    • Ascended Vial: Increases duration and effectiveness of all poisons by 45%
    • Will of Jorlak: Applies when activated. Lasts for 10 seconds. All professional spells and combat arts will cast instantly. All casted professional abilities will inflict 25% max health focus damage when casted.
    • Miraguls Last Resort: all hostile casted abilties will cost 500% more power for 15 seconds. Caster gains 50% crit bonus per every 5000 power spent during this time.
    • Rallying Push: Casters group gain 5% fervor and fervor overcap per every 1% the target raid named is under 11% health. max cap of 10.
    • Pain n Panic: 15% chance on group members death to increase all other group members mitigation by 50% for the next 15 seconds. Can only trigger once every 45 seconds. Can't stack.
    • Practiced Perfection: On equip. On kill of raid named without any deaths grants a 5% damage reduction per member also wearing this for the next 5 mins. Can only trigger once per 1hr.
    • Breathing Room: On detriment or curse placed upon caster that has a duration of expiration, it is extended by 5 seconds at the cost of taking 20% more damage for the 5 seconds. can only trigger once per 2mins.
    • Growth Spurt: on equip grants caster +5m to range on all professional abilities
    • Piercing the Veil: 0.5% chance on hostile cast to ignore 50% of target enemies combat mit. Can trigger once per 3 mins.
    • Corruption of Shade: activated. lasts for 10 seconds. Grants group members 10% of your potency at the cost of 100% of your current fervor. has 10min cooldown
    • Corruption of Darkness: activated. lasts for 10 seconds. Grants group members 100% of your critbonus at the cost of 70% of your current potency. has 10min cooldown
    • Creation Inverted: Summons limited temp ahkveran combat pet that casts various debuffs on casters target for 20 secs.
    Mercychalice likes this.
  10. Karsa Active Member

List of effects i would like see back ...Updated to current specs..etc.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    CharbrynEQ2 likes this.
  11. Karsa Active Member

12. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Wyrmsteel
    Effects:
    • When Equipped:
      • On a combat hit this spell will cast Wyrmsteel on target of attack.
      • Inflicts 15 - 18 magic damage on target.
        • If target is Darathar
        • Cannot be modified except by direct means
  13. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

Items that I adored and wish were around and useful in game.

1. Turmoil Warts. While they are still in game, you can't equip them any longer and get the neat diseased effect you did. They say you can but you can't.
    2. Blessing of the Prince: This was such a neat item. It gave stats and then you gave people little dolls. Not all the time, but it had lore and flavor attached to it AND it was a good item.

3. Cloak of Crystalline Depths: Very similarly to the ring was the cloak. This cloak was AMAZING. It also made up for some of the weaknesses that some classes (like inquisitors) had. The assistants would sometimes stoneskin and it was just amazing.

All of these had flavor and usefulness.

I'd also really love to see some really neat graphic deity cloaks back in game. Or a helm or something that was really good that could be "leveled up" with content (i.e., maybe you sacrifice an appropriately leveled or set of leveled items to your deity to get it) but something that LOOKS like you're one of your god's chosen.
  14. Ganador Active Member

Just a general comment on clickable effects. The casting time needs to be low .5 to 1 sec max and the reuse 5 min - 10 min max or they will never get cast making the effect basically a waste of time. All these effects with longer cast times either actually reduce overall dps (unless the effect is amazingly powerful of which I can think of none currently) or the long cast time prevents a healer/tank from reacting for too long to a det or spike in damage.
    Mercychalice and Obano like this.
  15. Obano Well-Known Member

Here are some of my favorite old school items:

\aITEM -1920951221 -889460487:Mark of the Ayr'Dal Brotherhood\/a

\aITEM -2019524924 -1715463342 0 0 0:Charm of Mithaniel Marr\/a

\aITEM 438220718 -2040010668:The Unholy Relic of Qua'ddathul\/a

[IMG]
  16. Ruderalis New Member

Faerune and Faerune II. I played a human monk as my first EQ toon. It was invaluable being able to actually see, have enduring breath, built in see-invis component for Faerune. For Faerune II, who doesn't always want a little more power in one way or another?
    Obzidian likes this.
  17. Standard Member

One thing to be mindful of when it comes to effects, is not to boost stats and abilities which have been made all but redundant by other changes. For example, there are items/effects/AA's now which boost WDB/DPS/MA/Flurry/AoEauto etc. Following the changes at the start of RoS, autoattack lost 99.9% of it's strength and it became completely pointless to spec for autoattack, rendering all of these stats benign.
    Whatever you are going to change at the start of the new xpac, please bear in mind which stats and effects will become desirable or not as a result. It would be a shame to put a lot of effort into new items and effects only for the raiding community to be unable to use them at all. It may be worth having a lengthy and meaningful beta to ensure itemisation is a success this time, as the changes to AA following the autoattack nerf this time showed a considerable lack of understanding of the impact of these changes.
  18. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Preface this by saying that some of these are nostalgia/old effects, and some are new, idea's created by me, and what i would like to see classes get in their toolkits. Just my ideas for a cool class-specific adorn set.
    All increases are fervor (or base damage/true damage increases)

Class Specific Item set idea: "Artifice of Shadows" -
    6 set white adornments that drop from specific named encounters in raids, similar to ToV purple rune progression.
    (random semi-smart loot drop like Class cloaks in Terrors of Thalumbra)
    Mage:
    2)Completing a Heroic Opportunity ending with mage spells now grants 10% of fervor as fervor overcap to the group for 8 seconds. This does not stack from multiple casters.
    4)2500 potency, 400 crit bonus, 10 fervor
    6) Specific Effect, that enhances underused abilities OR changes some abilities in meaningful ways.
    Illusionist: Time Warp adds 3 additional ticks or triggers to abilities used within its duration. Also doubles the prepare time and duration of time warp.
    Coercer: Velocity also increases Flurry multiplier of targets by 3 (OR) increases combat art effectiveness by 25. (this is assuming they make autoattack useful again)
    Necromancer: Increase effectiveness of Lifeburn by 500.
    Conjuror: Elemental Blast now deals damage to up to 8 surrounding targets.
    Wizard: Iceshield no longer has a trigger limit. (either that or make fiery blast like it used to be)
    Warlock: Double the range/radius of Cataclysm. Increase effectiveness of Dark Nebula by 500.

Scout
    2)Cheap Shot now decreases combat mitigation of its target by 1000.
    6) Specific Effect, that enhances underused abilities OR changes some abilities in meaningful ways.
    Brigand: Increases the effectiveness of combat mitigation debuffs on primary backstabs by 400. (dispatch, rake, debilitate, etc)
    Swashbuckler: Dance of Metal will now hit up to 12 times, and increase its effectiveness by a large amount.
    Assassin: Each bleed on the target will increase damage dealt by the Assassin's stealth attacks by 5%. (does not include FFU)
    Ranger: Each meter between the ranger and their target will increase damage dealt by the ranger by 1%
    Beastlord: Increases maximum savagery level by 1.
    Troubador: Maelstrom of Sound no longer roots or dazes, and grants crit bonus to the group equal to its crit bonus overcap.
    Dirge: Battle Cry now applies to the target group.

Fighter
    2)Primary Encounter taunts now give 500 crit bonus overcap to the group for 5 seconds.
    Shadowknight: Unholy Hunger now adds 1 tick to damage over time spells.
    Paladin: Prayer of Healing now increases crit bonus of group members by 1000.
    Bruiser: Bodyguard of Stone now has a trigger limit of 5, and will proc on 50% of ripostes.
    Monk: Everburning Flame now applies to the monk's group, increases flurry multiplier by 1.5, and increases crit bonus by 250.
    Berserker: Juggernaut now applies to the berserker's group.
    Guardian: Doubles the duration of Guardian Sphere, and increases crit bonus of group members by 850.

Priest
    2) Single target quick heal now provides 3 triggers of stoneskin to all damage, lasting 5 seconds.
    4) 2500 potency, 400 crit bonus, 10 fervor
    Channeler: Onslaught now effects the channeler's group, and grants 35 effectiveness to combat arts.
    Templar: Virtue now grants 10 fervor and 10 fervor overcap, and effects the templar's group.
    Inquisitor: Chilling invigoration now grants 3,000 potency, and also wards for 100% of the targets health.
    Fury: Protective instinct now caps at 100% of the druid's maximum health.
    Warden: Sandstorm now also grants 30% damage reduction.
    Mystic: Deteriorate will now debuff combat mitigation by 600.
    Defiler: Invective now effects the defiler's group, and increase its damage by 400%
    Priority likes this.
  19. Revanu Well-Known Member

Warlock curse of darkness hard pass. Rather see cata go back to 15m, increase dmg on dark nebula substantially and make it blue and not encounter based. Reduce stack count on prestige to150 like counter part wiz and make dmg abilities from said prestige have the same impact as counter part wiz. Make gift of bertox a blue aoe temp dmg proc with reduced duration. Increase all sorcerer deaggro abilities as they’re currently useless.
  20. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

all fair points, except deaggro abilities. acid rain is pretty good. concussive blast just needs the order that it applies reversed + we're the only mage with a threat transfer.
    i like the dark nebula and cata ideas better. will change it to that.