Isle of Refuge cordially Invites you!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristabella, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

If u do try us out I will do u one better...I will pl you to 100, if you want. Look me up :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Psst, Leo....everyone gets a free 100 tomorrow anyway :D
    Prissetta and DoomDrake like this.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

If all this would be that simple. Just numbers aren't going to help with building up raid force
    You need certain classes, including certain ascending classes (GM level), you need certain level of resolve on gear (and sadly w/o vigorous farming of T3 not possible)
    Again don't get me wrong - I LOVE concept of IoR and might even drop an alt (once KA bauble become available) on it but unless whole upper tier guild transferred to IoR I don't think you folks start hitting T4/experts very soon
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Given existing problem with filling out ranks - nowadays its more about having reliable number of proper classes to keep ball rolling (for top tier guilds its farming T4/experts) next tier farming T3/some experts and possibly starting picking up onto T4
  5. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

Am well aware. The offer was in case she don't wanna waste her instant 100 and just wants to give the server a test run. Options ftw! :)
    Prissetta and Kittybock like this.
  6. Ellah Active Member

Wow, That's a very kind offer, thank you!

I think there's a lot of talk about low population but all you really need is a bunch of good people who enjoy each others company and have common goals. You don't need there to be hundreds of them.

I think the effort these players are going to is impressive and says a lot about the type of people there.
    Kittybock and Leonitas like this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Thank you :) We are trying to get more folks to discover the charm of the Island.

You are always super helpful :D
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I had a character on there a while back, and not sure why but I had deleted him. Think I just needed the slot. I might recreate as that was back when I had no idea how the community was. I just figured "Free Trade" and that was it and no other differences :p I am happy to see I was very wrong.

I am someone who has gotten to 100 a few times, but always got there faster than I wanted. Does anyone else level lock and go through content a bit slower? I don't like out-leveling quests, but love dungeons. So chances are I would lock my level if doing a dungeon, just do those for the fun and loot. Mentoring just makes you a bit to OP, so I like to stay at level as much as I can :)

I could use a fresh take on the game, and if any guild would have someone who might not be at 100 for a while :) I have a mic to, so in-game voice or Discord would work fine after I get comfortable with the people (or sooner!).
    Kittybock and Prissetta like this.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Come on over. We actually prefer it when folks chat in voice, so much easier to share info and help others. We don't care if you play a baby toon or max level, just enjoy Norrath.

Btw, you hit the nail on the head on "Free Trade", which is why I think some don't try it. The description does not encompass what the Isle has become!!
    Prissetta and ShaggyBodom like this.
  10. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I made a character named Okerlund, played a little bit today. Might shoot you a message if your guild is accepting players :) Kinda into a couple others games to, so won't be playing a whole lot, but my frog could use a home :)

I always loved the free trade idea, and I know how very popular that type of server is in EQ1 (never tried it there either!), just wasn't sure it would be worth it to start from scratch. This thread convinced me to hehe.
    Kittybock and Prissetta like this.
  11. Alarra Well-Known Member

I added my second account level 100 bauble toon to this server. However, after looking around I noticed the following things:
    • During my play time: 5:30 am PDT to 8am PDT, no one is there. I did a "/who all" and only 35 players showed up.
    • There is almost no chat in general for the 2 hours I was there.
    I realized this: This is not a good server for my play time. Thank you for the invite, but I must decline.
    Perhaps US prime time players will find it a good place to be.

It feels like Sebiliss Server all over again (Japanese Server that was later merged into AB).
    I made a couple of foot-in-mouth mistakes while trying to talk to one of the Guild Leaders on Sebiliss server for joining the raid guild (trying to talk to 2 people from the same guild at once) and was cut off from about the only raiding guild there. This kind of environment could have a similar issue. There is only 1 and if you have a falling out, you will have no recourse but to re-roll on a different server.
  12. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Shaggy, hi there. Send me a tell. Usually on Kittaene, but have been working on a swashie alt, Krittybock. We'd love to have you :)
    ShaggyBodom likes this.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. I know the server was kinda quiet yesterday AM, but lots of folks don't log in on patch day until after patch. That said, General chat can be a bit quiet from time to time, unless folks want to start a PQ, etc.

On the number of guilds, there are definitely multiple, active guilds. I've just been pretty vocal on Forums and Discord, trying to help welcome folks to the server., as some just see it as just "Free Trade." Myself and several of our longtime players actually prefer to get on in AM's over coffee every morning.
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

If you have extra time this holiday weekend, come visit us on the Isle and see if it's the place for you. The Isle is not just another server....it is THE server. :cool: Please keep in mind that a sub is required, but multiple, friendly guilds are recruiting. It's Island Time!!

If you drift ashore, give me a shout. We'll keep the beer cold!
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Thought I'd Necro this thread. While we still use the voice channel and chat channel, Island_Time, we no longer have a Discord channel. If you have questions about joining us on the Isle, you can join Island Time text chat from other servers:
    /join Isle_of_Refuge.Island_Time

We are planning an Anniversary Bash for the Isle on Saturday, July 1st. All are welcome :) https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...d-isle-of-refuge-1st-anniversary-bash.579260/

See you there,

Kitty
    Raff and Prissetta like this.