Isle of Refuge cordially Invites you!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristabella, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Hey All:

Isle of Refuge is is cordially inviting you to come to Discord and chat with us on the #Isle of Refuge Channel.

https://discord.gg/CqHQD4e

In game world chat room:

/join isle_of_refuge.Island_time

Come find out about our server. We have people on the channel who can answer your questions and concerns. We would love it, if you would come create a new toon here and join in and see what being part of this community is like. If you make a new toon here, please announce it in General Chat, so we know you are here, and can give you a proper welcome.

We welcome you all, those just starting, those with a little experience under their belts and those wonderful EQ2 Veterans!!! Come see what it's all about. We are a close knit community here. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Give us a try, you got nothing to lose and everything to gain!!

~Isle of Refuge Community
  2. Ummmyeh Active Member

Nice post--I will add if you like a lag free stable server environment the Isle of Refuge is the place to be. :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Kittybock Well-Known Member

The Isle ROCKS! :D

Edit: Ahh, did not see you'd added the chat channels, as well.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Toes in the sand, ice cold beer and Orc on the barbie. it's Island Time :cool:

The reason we are offering this invitation to come visit the Isle: Living on Island time is different. Many players that have not visited, may see it as just the "Free Trade Server." The community on the Isle, however, is super solid. Sure, Free Trade is a component of the server, and makes it much easier to gear up toons and alts, but the heart of any server is its people. We hit the mother lode on that one :D

Many guilds need more. We have several guilds working on Raiding, as well as Casual and Crafting Guilds. Roll a baby toon, come visit the Isle...or bring a geared toon. Transfers fees to the Isle are less than a Caffe Mocha at Starbucks. We'll keep the beer cold!
  5. Ummmyeh Active Member

We do have the stigma attached that we are "The Hotel California of EQ2" but maybe you will find that YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO LEAVE! Roll a toon and find out! Lots of diversity here.
    Prissetta and Kittybock like this.
  6. Graso New Member

I've been on the server a couple of days. I had decided to try EQ2 again since EQ1 was down most of the day a couple of days ago. This community is stellar. I was shocked at the kindness shown to me when I mentioned I was new to the server. The server does require a sub. I hope it always does. I'm not an elitist, but I have not been overly impressed with what F2P has done to game communities. Not all are bad, just like not all subscribers are good, but this community is very good. They don't put up with crap from trolls. You troll, you are own your own. Good luck trying to get anything done. This server enforces community standards. If you do transfer a character to the server, you cannot leave. That is the caveat. Thus, make a new character and give it a go if you are sick of the community on other servers.

Ironically EQ2 is down. I sure wish DBG would get its act together. They can't keep either game up more than 2 days in a row. The unscheduled downtime is getting tiresome. I come home chomping at the bit to play and boom. Nope. Back to EQ1 for now sigh.
  7. Ummmyeh Active Member

Hopefully one day we can get the "no transfer" rule abated in some way. That has been the biggest "no-sell" to a lot of people I talk to in regards to transferring mains.

I understand why they will not allow them but I would not be opposed to being able to transfer after a 30-45-60 days waiting period after the initial transfer. Dynamics are always changing within raids, guilds, circle of friends, et.al. and no one wants to "feel" stuck or "pinned down" on a certain server even if they never decide to leave. A lot of the OG Islers knew what we were getting into when we started last year. We have built a solid community for certain. It would be nice to see it grow so we do not ever lose it.

The best route right now is to make a new character--free 100's coming up with GU--Come check us out--find a guild that suits what you are looking for and come aboard for a bit!
    Leonitas and Prissetta like this.
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Folks, we've had several new refugees make it to the shores of the Isle this week! Keep up the good work.

The Isle of Refuge is a great choice for new and returning players. Given that most items are not Heirloom, we can help Guildies gear up more readily and get them into guild groups faster. For those players stuck in "dead" guilds on other servers, give us a try! Friendly toons are always welcome on the Isle and transfers are cheap.

Toes in the sand, ice cold beer and Orc on the barbie. it's Island Time :cool:
    Leonitas, DoomDrake and Prissetta like this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Folks while I like concept of IoR I am semi dubvious regard raiding capability of servers (due to low population)
    At this moment most of 3 main servers live been concentrated around farming T3/experts and picking on T4 mobs - where IoR stand on this?
  10. Inesk Member

By looking at the rankings there are only 3 guilds raiding on IOR. Looks like maybe farming T1 and some T2. First thing I looked at when considering taking an alt over to server.
    Mizgamer62 and DoomDrake like this.
  11. samirish New Member

I plan on making my free 100 lvl char here on May 9th. See you then :)
    Kittybock, Leonitas and Prissetta like this.
  12. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Just remember that if you go there and you don't like it, you can't transfer from the server. You might want to make a new low level character there and play a bit before you use your free 100 level character there. Otherwise, good luck and happy adventuring! :)
    Leonitas and Prissetta like this.
  13. Ummmyeh Active Member

The only thing I really miss from other servers is the raid aspect. The only guild raiding on this server is a 1 night a week raid. I am certain that will change in the next few weeks as there is a lot of behind the scenes negotiating going on with getting some people to transfer and getting a more ambitious raid together. I am sure it would be a lot easier if the server wasn't a one way trip.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  14. Ellah Active Member

For those concerned about raiding, bear in mind that the more people who venture over and want to raid, the stronger the raiding guilds can become. Also, you'll be much more appreciated!
    Ummmyeh and Prissetta like this.
  15. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Excellent point Ellah!! I also want to say this, on the other well populated servers, when you have a raid guild, your are always jockeying for position as to what guild is tops. There are so may it's had to claw your way up there. Isle of Refuge offers a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor! Just sayin'
    Leonitas likes this.
  16. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

Even for those not keen on raiding...many perks here:
    -virtually troll free. Non toxic environment.
    -travel fast & free via fast travel
    -$5 transfers....move toons that are no longer fun for u to play, or ones you are attached to
    -lower population means you may find rare nodes & updates easier
    -carve out a niche...sell crafted and/or looted items
    -find a guild that suits You!...casual,raid,heroic,solo,quiet,social...there`s MANY great guilds,most would help you if asked nicely
    -upcoming incentives! Dev AMA's said we should see new perks just for playing Here, on The Best, nicest, most fun server!

Why are you still reading this? You should be having fun on the Isle of Refuge!
    DoomDrake, Kittybock and Prissetta like this.
  17. Kittybock Well-Known Member

We are working towards raids. Since we have so many returning and/ or new folks, we are helping them "catch up". The difference it makes in having Ascension and the items from the Epic 2.0 is huge.

On the one way trip, I think that only really matters for those that hop guilds/ servers anyway. I've moved all but 2 of my toons here, as I see no reason to ever go back.
    DoomDrake, Leonitas and Prissetta like this.
  18. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Yay! We;ll have cold beverages waiting :)
  19. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

20. Ellah Active Member

Perhaps it would be an idea to plan a 'Welcome to the Isle' or some better sounding named event where people can come and meet the players on Isle and maybe hand out some backpacks for new players or even some twark gear if it;s better than the level 100 bauble gear.

Set a day and time range? Or maybe a weekend or something?

Could take it further maybe by helping people through lower levels until they can access dungeon finder. I know starting levels are quite fast but after the first 6 or 7 I've usually had enough.. I'm trying to think of what frustrates players and stops then trying out a new or additional home server, and how it can be made easier...

I'm quite tempted to try IoR..
    Kittybock and Prissetta like this.