Is the Temporary Queue Permanent?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Phano, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Moostafoo Active Member

k i'll give ya that lol
  2. Phano Member

I do so wish that someone might have stuck their head into the official forum and tell us the following news. If they did I apologize for missing it. I had heard rumours of it being posted elsewhere and then just happened to stumble across this post at eq2wire.com (wtg, Feldon). Anyway, here you go:

http://eq2wire.com/2015/11/02/merged-server-queues-for-f2p-to-end-tuesday/
  3. Phano Member

4. Adevil Well-Known Member

Um...so did today's patch remove the queue? ATM I'm assuming so due to the lack of angst.
  5. Detor Active Member

Nope, sitting in a queue right now. It's just after a server reboot the queue isn't as bad (you actually have a shot of sitting and waiting and getting in) versus after the server has been running awhile it seems the queue starts saying things like 'in 19 hours you might get in'.

Edit: May have spoke too soon, that 3 minute wait it was quoting me, well, I'm still not in, and now it's saying 30 minutes.
  6. Spock Active Member

If the server status page is right maj'dul is high so i guess possible there
  7. Phano Member

Wow. That is unbelievable. So much for the queue being removed with today's patch. It is certainly still there on MD.

Burning out here. I retract my earlier smiley.
  8. kylelight Member

has everybody only being trying md not halls ive gotten in two times during the day so fall on halls
  9. Ragnarok New Member

I just tried getting into..HoF..and it was at 6 min que...went up to almost an hour.
  10. kylelight Member

oh ok thanks for the info so much for the que being gone good old db lol
  11. Phano Member

Yup. Just increased to an hour. I suppose that is why there was not an official announcement - just rumours of someone in game saying it would be gone. That way it's not an official lie.
  12. kylelight Member

it was all over twitter and stuff too though they still lied in my book
  13. Phano Member

Wow. Just wow. I didn't know it was on twitter, too. :eek:
  14. Rajaih Member

15. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

So, you work in IT.
    You don't know how to use a reply button.
    Don't know how to use the search function.
    Think this game makes more money from F2P than All-Access.
    And scream 3rd grade insults.

You mad bro?

P.S. The only All-Access players that are hurt are the ones that can't log in their other 5 F2P Bot toons.
    P.P.S. The backlog (which was explained) will all be over soon. You'll live.
  16. LordTiras Well-Known Member

On this one, I kind of think it might. Microtransactions have been proving to be very profitable across the entire online gaming industry. People often lose track of how much they are spending and end up spending as much (or more) than a monthly sub costs. Also, microtransactions from subbed players count in that bucket as well, given they are not part of the membership (past the free 500 you get each month). Added up, I would suspect that the sum total of them exceed the income from subscriptions.
    Moonlit_Evening and Rajaih like this.
  17. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

they had issues with the servers when they made ragefire on eq1 and then lockjaw, the queues sucked but they eventually fixed them as they WERE TEMP, and those were pay to play severs that had multiple daily crashes and wipes(ragefire) for months. let them resolve the issues, it sucks to be in the queues, been there done that.

just a FYI, the mergers are affecting more than just those two servers, they've borked the logins for all their games and all the other servers are crashing, lagging, and just plain borked as well. i'm hoping they hold off skyfire till they fix things,or i can see the final merge breaking things worse.
    Belenos and Rajaih like this.
  18. Belenos Well-Known Member

Not true.
    I couldn't run a bot if you came over and sat on my lap to show me how! LOL. Barely computer literate enough to keep my box working. But I do have 2 mostly paid accounts (one always, the other as long as I can afford it, which is almost all the time).

I also have 2 F2P accounts (1 standard, one silver) which I do use regularly, or at least did until now. About the only time I ever have more than one account logged in at once is if I need to trade an item that is LORE and can not be mailed, or when I want to summon a toon somewhere they could not normally go (like getting an SK merc from Neriak for a goody-two-shoes toon, or getting Perrin for a toon too low to survive the zone). I do not box. In fact, I don't even like people that do!:p (;) j/k I really just envy your ability!)

I also have 2 more F2P accounts I originally made for my daughter, to try to get her to play EQII, but she eventually returned to WoW, as she is young and had quite a few friends there. One silver, one regular, and the silver one has a paid heroic character (yeah, I even tried that to keep her here).

I hope this is true. I do not play games that use queues. I had enough of that when I tried ArcheAge, paid for a premium package to get a two-day head start on the launch, and spent those two days either sitting in queues or getting crashed right back to queue. And do you think Trion reimbursed anyone? Not on your life. Trion is scum, and they will never see another penny from me--and I mean that for life, period. They are forbidden to my entire clan.

I have always had a game or two to fall back on and if anyone wants to try something else for a few days, till this all gets straightened out, try The Secret World or Age of Conan. TSW has one of the creepiest environments ever, and is filled with little (and not-so-little) references to real-life stories by H.P. Lovecraft and others, as well as brain-twisting investigation missions. It is set in the modern world. AoC is an old game, but still a good, stable game with some interesting classes and skills--the combat makes me think more of Vanguard than EQ--it can be challenging. That's how I keep my sanity during down times--
  19. flameweaver Well-Known Member