Is the Temporary Queue Permanent?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Phano, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Rajaih Member

No excuses for 22 hour queue times.
    No game is worth this no matter how much we might have loved it.
    Whole guild looking for new game....Maybe Rift???
    s7n7a7k7e likes this.
  2. Ragnarok New Member

Actually downloaded Rift earlier today...looks very similar to EQ2..looks pretty fun =)
  3. Elinea Well-Known Member

22 hours in a queue is kinda ridiculous. I don't understand how they expect people to keep playing at this point. Free to play just became free to wait.

Edit: I'm all access, my husband is ftp. Any hopes I had of him coming back to play with me on a regular basis just evaporated.
  4. kylelight Member

I would go but I have friends and have already payed for new xpac so not going to lose my money on that
  5. Ragnarok New Member

Would be an ok alternate until they fix the queue problem...If they do.
  6. kylelight Member

unless they are lieing I sent a ticket earlery and they said it would only be temp till the fix preformce issues
    Phano and suka like this.
  7. Groovyphoenix New Member

Temp fix... 22 hours int he Queue and CLIMBING not dercreasing, I paid for this game over 3 years of subscribing and THOUGHT to re-sub once the server move was completed, Can't say I am impressed, "Oh 1 day notice" to "pick up items" and then, a 24hr period to wait, ok this was announced, but still thats a lot of time.

My peeve in this? Failure to make ANY comment about

1) WHY was this "queue" put in place, did the devs/owners not realize merging what was it 4-5 servers? Would CAUSE issues? Why not merge it into 2 servers instead?
    2) What is the root cause? Was it a database issue and if so when can it be resolved?
    3) Why is a Queue being permitted to increase beyond 1 day almost (I started and it was at 22 hours and 19 mionutes, it is now at 22 hours and 32 minutes (within time of writting this.

How short sighted were the merge team to not forsee this kind of issue and then expect people to be happy and continue to sub at rates that are getting VERY high compared to MANY MMO's out there, PLUS high priced expansion packs?!?!
    s7n7a7k7e and Ragnarok like this.
  8. Elinea Well-Known Member

They might think that the people who are paying a sub aren't subject to the queues, but they'd be wrong. People who have multiple accounts and can't afford to pay for them all suddenly can't multi-box because they can't log all of their accounts in. They *will* lose customers over this, especially those who dual box, or how ever many multi box they can manage. Right now, there's no new games out there that are appealing, and I've been looking around for a while since my husband took a break from this game...but if one rears it's head, things could get ugly for DBG.
    Belenos, s7n7a7k7e and suka like this.
  9. Csipi Active Member

The answer is that this queue was created to lock out F2P players. The day the merged server came online everyone was able to log in. At the start of the weekend they booted the F2P players and created this.

There isn't anything wrong with the server. It is DBG blocking F2P players.
    s7n7a7k7e likes this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

only f2p and silver people see the queue. however, some of us who are all access also have silver accounts, which can't log in.
    Belenos and s7n7a7k7e like this.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

you will enjoy rift. I am on deepwoods. there is a guild there that has a lot of equers there- kindred souls. you will find the same guild on permafrost. that is the guild my main is in. they do a lot of decorating and go out of their way to help new people. talk to any officer or Katie- the guild leader
  12. suka Well-Known Member

you don't have to "go". just have a game to play when you can't get into eq2. there are several. i like Lotro- have a level 10 guild there (highest is 10) on brandywine - len en nar. i also like the old guild wars - haven't tried gw2. and i like rift.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

well, there are a few new ones on the way. dark desert for one. it is highly pvp after level 50 but before that it is only pve. and you can choose not to be pvp. it comes to the west somewhere around the first of the year. but until then, there is rift, lotro and a few others.

the queue is only for f2p and silver. i guess they figured they would get way less flak that way. if they had put it on everyone people would be threatening to sue. the server is far from stable. we recently had a major crash that took a couple of hours to work out. they did a lot of testing and tried to fix this before the merge but during the merge there were problems. they then stated they were setting up a temporary queue.

temporary could be a long time. why they went ahead with a second merge when they were still having problems with the first is a question only they could answer. hopefully they will get it fixed.
  14. Moostafoo Active Member

You guys could go play WoW or try it out. i recently went back to it to play a Mage. its refreshing to play a different MMO again. it isnt even bad lol. with still MILLIONS of players and no queues going. id say thats pretty good. But i guess Daybreak has something you guys keep coming back to. lol Not.
  15. Elinea Well-Known Member

Part of what I've invested is time, another part is money. I've played WoW, on and off, since it's release. I get bored in there real quick. Now with garrisons, it's like playing a single player game. After Rift's population dropped off, the game wasn't nearly as fun, because the dynamic events got lame with far less people helping to deal with them.

Time and money is what it boils down to. I've spent a ton of money on this game, between expansions, character slots, station cash sales, heroic characters, trips to Vegas, and anything else you can think of, as well as eleven years. Taking breaks? Sure. Leaving for good? I've invested too much of my time and money to do that.
    Belenos likes this.
  16. kylelight Member

lucky today only have to wait like an hour and 15 mins to play then I can play for like 10 mins before I have to go to work lol
  17. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Entire guild is f2p? Peace out...

Was already explained why. Maybe the're tired of repeating themselves...
  18. Phano Member

I just want to clear this point up regarding when the queue showed up - at least on Majdul.

Immediately following the first merge (Butcherblock, Crushbone, Oasis) the queue was activated. There was almost no delay after MD came online that the queue was activated. In fact, it was activated before noon on Wed. the 22nd - the day after the merge began, and only shortly after the alotted 24 hour merge time period. I can not speak to the second merge regarding when the queue was activated there.

I believe DBG when they say the queue was set up for technical reasons. I am simply requesting that they might stick their heads in here and maybe give us confirmation of that, and maybe offer some guesses at how long it will last. I mean really, by all logic if it were to scare away F2Pers why not force those on AB to sub? AFAIK there are no plans for an AB merge. Any F2Per could just request a transfer there, and there ya go, back to F2P.
  19. Adevil Well-Known Member

WoD shot WoW in the foot. By the time you're done with the garrison crap you have to start cycling your toons through all over again because your follower missions are completing on the first one. It's turned into a facebook evergrind.
  20. Elinea Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I quit playing again after maybe a month. It became a highly graphical Farmville.