Is the Temporary Queue Permanent?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Phano, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Phano Member

2. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

3. rokon New Member

I'm sorry I'm jumping on the bandwagon on this. But is there any way we could get an estimate for how long the queue is going to be in place. I honestly don't mind finding a new game to play for a week or two while it gets worked out. But it's crushing my soul every day when I hype myself up to come and play when I get home and I can't login.
    Belenos, suka, Phano and 2 others like this.
  4. Vulgrath New Member

4 hour Queue time waited out. 5 min in game, got a group, crash zoning, 5 hour 1 min queue time now.WTF
  5. Zenakh New Member

Since merges there have been some disconnect issues or the like. The server capacity has been lowered, and will probably stay lowered until a fix is put in place.

And this situation sucks. Been in qeue for almost 2 hours, over 2 hours higher qeue wait estimate from when i started.
  6. Vulgrath New Member

Other game to play sounds like a good plan Rokon...
    Csipi likes this.
  7. Iceberg New Member

Today,, 1st login 2hr Que, kicked out after 1hr when i zoned, while in Que the Server gets Locked , 2nd Login 4 hr Que , 3rd Login stayed in for 2 hrs Zoned Kick again another 4 hr Que. Time to rethink about playing its not fun anymore.
  8. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, are any of the people complaining about the queue, actually paying for the All Access subscription on the account they were attempting to log in?
    Moonpanther likes this.
  9. Iceberg New Member

Not I , I was going to next week but if this is what is going to happen , i can find something else to do.
  10. SpriteGal New Member

No, but I am subbing two accounts and have been for quite a few years. It is frustrating what has been happening, and I fear these queues are going to be permanent for even silvers from now on.
    Belenos and Moonlit_Evening like this.
  11. Druantia Member

Shouldn't be in a queue at all just because not subbed. never had the issue before. guess if game's going back to a pay to play model my 12 year account will have to just rot away.
  12. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

Our money none the less, still goes into the game even if we are not All Access.I know for sure a lot of my money has already gone into the game.
    Belenos, suka, Zenakh and 1 other person like this.
  13. Phano Member

That point is moot. The question is - subbed or not subbed - is the queue, indeed, temporary, or is it permanent?
    That is not a complaint. It is a question.:p
    Belenos, suka and Moonlit_Evening like this.
  14. Stach Well-Known Member

My point is that if your F2p or not, this game is not that popular to have these queues, which says 10 hours now. at 12pm est, they need to say something
    Csipi likes this.
  15. dwhisper New Member

I was planning on jumping on to check the merger and any changes, and see if it was worth re-upping my All Access membership. A 12 hour queue answers the second part for me immediately.

There's a fine line between trying to give incentive to F2P to turn to subs, and downright breaking the game for them and giving a sub as the only recourse.
    Phano likes this.
  16. Csipi Active Member

Funny thing, I was actually planning on buying the premium edition expac today. I was on the fence about it for a long time but decided that I should give it a go. My birthday is coming up and I thought it would be worth it, but now I cannot even log in.

Since I was up in the air about it for so long, you know what....I WONT be buying the expac after all. Thanks DBG for saving me some money.
    Zenakh and Sarada like this.
  17. uemantra New Member

I also have a 12 year account and subbed for many of those years. I was considering getting a sub again but I did not expect to be required to in order to play. Seems like maybe something is just wrong with this server at the moment as my characters on other servers can log in.
  18. abrasbomb New Member

I truly hope 12 hr wait is a temp thing if not wife and i will be finding new game to play together. Hopefully someone from daybreak is watching forums, and let us know what is going to happen with this merger nightmare, but not holding breath.
  19. Phano Member

There is a lot of vitriol and doom-and-gloom, theory-making on the forum regarding the existence and purpose of the queue. My post title is hopefully tongue-in-cheek. The powers that be have stated that the Q is temporary, but it's been a while since they have mentioned, well, anything about the MD merger. I should hope that they might stick there heads in, if only briefly, to clear up any further queries and theories regarding the queue.

Which brings back the main question of whether the queue is still intended to be temporary. Though it may be hard to discern it would also be helpful if someone could at least give a rough estimate regarding how long it might remain. That is all. :)
  20. Vulgrath New Member

Cancelled Pre-order for 3 accounts. Not worth it if I have to also pay monthly on all my accounts. I have one paid and 2 FTP.