IoR: A special server...lets make it really special

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ummmyeh Active Member

All the botters are on Maj'dul. We wouldn't have any raid loot here if it weren't for them nice guys transferring it over to us. But maybe that is what you were referring to?
  2. Ummmyeh Active Member

Whoa whoa whoa--where is the TL;DR. Did you really expect people to read that wall of salt?
    Crastinal likes this.
  3. Revel Well-Known Member

You're reduced to trolling now. You've lost the argument.
    Mizgamer62 and Tekka like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I think the real question people have is why do subscribers on one server deserve more perks (perks unrelated to the special rule set) then subscribers on other servers.
    Chocoholic, Shmogre, Tekka and 3 others like this.
  5. Dilf Member

It's really not a matter of being "more deserving", but DBG created this unique ruleset server that they are trying to keep alive by adding more perks. Most of us can agree that all of the servers should be free trade and SLR can rot in hell. People on IoR really enjoy being there, and we can only encourage outsiders to give it a shot, even if it's not your main character decked out in raid gear.
    Kittybock and Ummmyeh like this.
  6. Xakrein Well-Known Member

If most people agreed that all servers should be free trade, IoR would not require significant incentives in an attempt to lure players to it. Additionally, calls for free trade to go global would not be limited to participants that focus on flavor of the month specialty servers.
    Tekka likes this.
  7. Dilf Member

IoR would serve no purpose if it didn't have the perks it does, we all know that. Even if the other servers had free trade, I'd still prefer the other benefits of IoR over the others. I'm not trying to force my views on others, but I'm honestly surprised that bleeding-edge raid guilds aren't taking advantage of the opportunity to come there and use those perks. 450 DBC for a transfer there is hell of a bargain.
  8. Xakrein Well-Known Member

I agree with the first part, but probably not in the way you hope.

Free Trade combined with regular member benefits was not enough to make IoR popular. If most people wanted Free Trade, the existing benefits would have been enough. If it was a case of players being in a position of "I would love to, but <existing server/friends>", posts of that nature would have been vastly more frequent, and garnered much more support.

The impact of these new benefits may appear to make a slight difference, in the short term. The real test will be if the new players continue to play IoR, and I will be surprised if they do beyond 2-3 months.
    Tekka and Chocoholic like this.
  9. Ummmyeh Active Member

Just come to IoR if you want that perk. Simple really.
  10. Ummmyeh Active Member

It seems to me by reading through the previous threads about this that the majority WANT free trade (now that they see the benefits) they just don't want them on IoR. Am I right?
  11. Xakrein Well-Known Member

The short answer to your question is: No.

The longer answer, after reading through the previous threads, it is evident that:
    - Only a minority decided to play IoR.
    - Only a minority are calling for Free Trade on all servers.
    - DBG has been forced to backtrack on promises made when IoR was new.
    - DBG has been forced to provide tremendous incentives in an effort to prevent IoR from collapsing.

If most people wanted FT on all servers, the IoR population would have been massive, the calls for global implementation would have been overwhelming, and it would have happened already. Instead, we have a small handful of threads being routinely bumped by a small handful of pro-FT players, at a time where little else is going on in the game. Hardly a compelling case for global FT implementation.

I will be pleasantly surprised if IoR survives another 6 months.
    Tekka likes this.
  12. Vunder Well-Known Member

You are quite wrong on all levels my good boy..

People do want free trade, people collectively hate SLR (except for those making a lot of money in game and in RL doing it..namely the vast majority of top raid guilds that post here in forums).

DBG Screwed up by making it a one way transfer. Scared people away. That is what really hurt things. A one way transfer in the beginning and people didn't want to leave their raid guilds with no chance of ever coming back. That is gone now, but the damage was done.
  13. Vunder Well-Known Member

Free trade will keep prices low. No more 20 million plat for a drop when there are 6-7 of them on the broker. This is how fiona vie worked.

The problem is...the server was added way to late.

That and bot guilds and gear farming top end guilds that make alot of money don't want that.

So they are fighting it with everything they have here on the forums.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Uhm... I'm not in a top raid guild, nor do I SLR. I, personally, don't really care up or down about free trade or SLR.
    I DO, however, think that 'perks' they're giving are waaaaay too big. The ONLY reason I've seen to 'explain' why ONLY paying members on IoR (instead of all paying members) is 'we have low population'.
    Mizgamer62, Finora and Tekka like this.
  15. Tekka Well-Known Member

How do you even begin to address the level of intentional misinformation in the two posts Vunder made?

Some people want free trade, not all, and possibly not even a majority. Some people are against SLR, but again, not all of them - and not just the ones profiting from it. Of the two, free trade for all is probably the most equitable - with the exclusion of some items like Epic and Heritage/Signature.

There is no way to know what 'scared' players away, unless you go ask all of them. I doubt very much you'd get a single cause. Was the one way nature part of it? I'm sure it was, just as leaving behind friends and communities and the prohibitive cost of moving alt armies (many of which have items stored in houses for decorators) was a large part of it as well.

Free trade will not keep prices low. Free trade will allow prices to adjust to what the market will bear - with the influx of more platinum, due to the revolving door for push button gear, it's more likely that the base price will increase.

It's also likely that only a very small fraction of those players will remain on the server, the 'native' number will remain under 100. The server hasn't been saved, it's been turned into a cash churn for the company, where the only meaningful investment is the low low price of 30$ and 30 days of the player's time.
    Mermut, Mizgamer62 and Konc3pt like this.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

I think you'll find more people didn't transfer because it was very very obviously a gimmick server or at the very least a testing ground for changes to the game and we already had communities build on the servers we were on, no reason to move to a new server or start over (unless you just love alts). For instance, I had 12 years worth of characters and investments on multiple accounts and while I did make an alt on IoR to tool around on because I am one of those who love alts, I never had any intention of making it my home server because of the aforementioned 12 years worth.

I think we all saw just how many were willing to start over for what is basically the exact same server as the ones we already play on. Now that the server is pretty much dead in the water they are tossing whatever at it, to see what sticks and even when it fails anyway, they can say to the people on the server "see we tried" then they'll just merge it into Antonia Bayle anyway.
    Mermut, Tekka, Konc3pt and 2 others like this.
  17. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I wish they would quit merging dead servers on to AB as we are almost dead ourselves lol :p. It isn't help them or us...smh :(.
    Tekka, Kari and Kioske like this.
  18. Kioske Well-Known Member

The only reason that stuff is so cheap on that server is simply supply and demand. Every other server has a huge supply of plat because people have been earning plat on those servers for 12+ years. There is also a very low demand for items on that server, because even at peak times there are 60ish people logged in at most.

Also, no one is selling anything for anywhere near 20 million on any server right now...I actually haven't even seen an SLR go for more than 500k plat in a while on Halls of Fate, but I think that's mostly because everyone already has all the gear now and also FGs killed most of the server population until the next expac.
    Tekka and Mizgamer62 like this.
  19. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I wonder if the reason why Firiona Vie seemed to work when I played there for a while is that there were far more people playing EQ at the time than there are playing EQ2 now. Or, perhaps, it's the way the company or the player base are dealing with things vs how they used to deal with them.
    Tekka and Kioske like this.
  20. Kari Well-Known Member

Back before the new etheral adorns came out, we were selling the tradeable 5 fervor cloak runes on the broker for 5 million plat. The one time we got impatient and just auctioned in the auction channel, we only got 2 million plat. Auctioning is highly dependent on who is on and if they are watching the channel. Whereas if you broker something it can sit there with a high price and wait for the right buyer to show up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.