Instead of TLE - Make EQ3

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Rhoks, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was referring to the past 2 years.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Rhoks Active Member

Daybreak Broke lol
    Beneeto likes this.
  3. Rhoks Active Member

I mean if 40 million is what your thinking to be the price point to create EQ3 thats pretty easily obtainable. And I would also believe several people thousands i would say would also help do a kick starter program to help speed this up.

Between 18 years of EQ2 and even more of EQ AND adding in the other title with the company, 40 million isnt out of the realm of a possibility for 1 game.
    Geroblue likes this.
  4. Reconnection Member

There is absolutely zero possibility I would ever back an EQ3 kickstarter given the design direction and P2W direction of live.
    Dhol, Rhoks and Smashey like this.
  5. Moldylocks Member

If you want EQ3, go to Pantheon. They are actually doing a pretty damn good job of it.

This studio? EQ and EQ2 are in maintenance mode. They don't have the money or the staff for a $100 million dollar project.

But if you like TLE's, then this is the place to keep getting more scoops of that ice cream.
    Cluelesscargo, Dhol and Rhoks like this.
  6. Kurth Member

I thought Darkpaw had recently been bought by some mega-investor who loved EQ? Why buy it if you're not gonna do something with it?
  7. Rhoks Active Member

Does Pantheon have more money than Daybreak or Darkpaw (idek who owns eq2 anymore cant keep up)
  8. Turkish Member

Not to start an argument but at least with DBG you pay money and receive a service. Pantheon has been collecting money for like 6 years and delivered 0 products/services. DBG has actual revenue generating products, Pantheon has crowd funding. I'd put my money on EQ3 if they are actually considering development. Even with the 6 year head start Pantheon has.
    Geroblue and Rhoks like this.
  9. Rhoks Active Member

I do agree. I would feel more confident doing a kickstarter for EQ3 over pantheon, even tho I already paid into Pantheon for like the pre alpha access, I kinda lost track of their timeline and havent followed it because i was pexting a 2-3 year realse at the time, not the 6+ year we are on now.

With DBG still having revenue coming in and I bet a large portion will come in up front during the launch of the new TLE, it would have came down to money management prior to set up success for eq3
  10. Moldylocks Member

It's in pre-alpha testing, and games take time to build.

I mean, I don't see why you would complain about it being developed. It is literally going to be EQ3, in everything but name. Grouping, trinity, crafting, practically the same classes, etc.

The only thing DBG is doing is milking an ever dwindling population of vets with TLE regurgitations. That's fairly indefensible.

And, yes, I spent many, many years in EQ and EQ2. EQN was never going to be EQ3. Georgeson was a terrible leader, and squandered EQ2's income for his failed project.

So if you want a next gen EQ, it is in pre-alpha, and will eventually launch.
    Rhoks likes this.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

It's been in pre alpha for 5.5 years.... :rolleyes:
    Reconnection, Breanna, Rhoks and 2 others like this.
  12. Moldylocks Member

I mean, if your only contribution is snark, then congrats on adding to the thread. Because, technically, anything that is before alpha (including conceptualization) is pre-alpha if you want to boil it down to semantics. But a reasonable person would also know that development is further along than pen n paper notes.

Your Bitter Vet skill increases by +3.

ESO was in development for 7 years, had a massive team, and a deep well of funding from a well established publisher, Bethesda. So, all things being relative, I think Pantheon's progress is rolling out nicely.

Maybe rather than squatting over the thought of this, and releasing your vitriol, how about some kudos for the team that is actually trying to do the community a favor by making EQ3.
  13. Sambuka New Member

THIS
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

I mean, technically, in 2016 they sold us access to pre-alpha and called it pre-alpha. This year guess what they are still calling it? Yup, pre-alpha. So no semantics needed when the developers of Pantheon have been calling it pre-alpha for 6 years.
    Rhoks, Geroblue and Mizgamer62 like this.
  15. Venser Active Member

You can't act surprised when there is a slight pushback on the idea of Pantheon here. I'll go out and say, I don't care about Pantheon, EQ3 or any of that crap, but if EQ3 happened, ofc I would try it.

You may also be surprised to find that people who like EQ2 don't also like EQ1, which Pantheon resembles a lot of EQ1 mechanics that keep me at bay from EQ1 because I like to actually do things with my time, not sit and twiddle my thumbs between every fight where I manage my mana, I digress....

Anyway... Great, when Pantheon comes out I hope you enjoy yourself, but I will be enjoying retirement by then.
    Geroblue, Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

8 years, and they haven't reached an alpha build. I have zero faith left in this game ever coming out. I'm glad I never contributed. After dropping over a hundred bucks on the Vanguard collectors preorder, I vowed never to spend money on anything with Brad McQuaid's name attached to it until I saw a live, functional product.

Pantheon isn't EQ3, it's Vanguard 2.
    Dude, Geroblue, Turkish and 1 other person like this.
  17. Kurth Member

Star Citizen might get out of early access before Pantheon gets into early access.
    Rhoks and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. Rhoks Active Member

I believe EQ3 will happen more than Pantheon being released lol and thats saying a lot.
  19. Tyrius Guest

Agreed, I pledged $500 to Pantheon 5 years ago. So glad I did not pledge anymore. Biggest waste of money I ever spent.

2 years of Covid should of given them more time to work on the game from home. Yet nothing I've seen lately looks promising. They will most likely be in Alpha come 2025 and Beta 2028 if we are lucky. But will probably milk this idea of "pre-alpha" as long as they can before investors start calling the shots. At this point they need a "White Knight".
  20. Rhoks Active Member

RIP 500$