Instead of TLE - Make EQ3

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Rhoks, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Rhoks Active Member

Everyone knows the beginning of EQ2 was amazing. Everyone has their memories from earlier times where EQ2 was fun and enjoyable. Most of the players like this leave the live servers to join on TLE.

TLE gives you that nostalgia feeling that some of you played as teenagers/Young adults to now older adults. But that time has now passed and you continually wait for the new TLE servers to come out. (Till DOV then you quit again)

Personally I feel it is time for a new Everquest game to come out. Instead of launching continuous TLE servers and new xpacks for live, I feel the game has died enough that more players are playing EQ1 over EQ2 or just not playing at all anymore.

At this time in life where we have more people in the world staying home for various reasons, I feel this would be a perfect time to launch a new game.

Look at new world as a example. Even tho currently the game has less than half the population of its launch population. It still grabbed everyones attention. Attention = Money. And as long as the developers can hold that attention then I think that would be the perfect restart EQ needs again.

Imagine a new game starting over very Similar to how eq2 first started where you had several zones you were unfamilar with, various classes, tradeskilling and grouping, all to try out. And at that time going from level 1 to level 50 took a long time. Countless hours.

Im not sure where or what the devs have planned out but I think everyone can agree that the earlier times of EQ2 were amazing and I think its time to restart and make a new EQ game.

And yes I am aware they tried it previously with Everquest Next. That was going to be a bomb anyways so I am personally glad it failed.

Id also be open to hear peoples opinions on what it would be like having any everquest on the new consoles. Whether that be EQ1 and 2 starting over from a TLE stand point on the new consoles or making a new EQ for the new consoles.
    Willie Gates and Geroblue like this.
  2. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The classic EQ1 world, zone for zone, with EQ2's classic gameplay, made in Unreal 5.

[IMG]
    Seijen, Tippity, Jovie and 2 others like this.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

They've been there/done that with Everquest Next and it was scrapped and didn't get off the ground. It takes a lot more resources than Daybreak probably has right now to launch a new game - both personnel/talent and funding. I don't think they have either. They are in maintenance mode with the product they have as long as it produces a decent revenue stream while it can. After that...I don't know. I just don't see EQ3, although I'd definitely buy and play it.
    Geroblue and Jaeded like this.
  4. Rhoks Active Member

I feel like if they can keep pushing new expansions every year. Even if they didnt update the engine that much. Just releasing a whole new game would get a lot of hype and the money they need to press it forward. And if it was made correctly and kept everyones attention. Leveling from level 1 to 50 in the OG days took forever. Which was a good thing IMO during that time. So with the money they collect plus the time it would take to hit end game level should be plenty and a lot more than what they are making now.
    I mean lets be honest theres more bot groups than anything and cash grabs for every new TLE server that comes in. Other than that, thats about it.
    Tippity likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

What makes you think they are not working on a new game Rhoks ?
    It takes years to make a new game , in the meantime they have to get the funds to do so , so keeping EQ2
    running and not having people wonder of ,is the way to do it .
    And than one day bam they announce a beta or such .
    Jaden, Ned888 and Breanna like this.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Would you really want an EQ3 made by Daybreak? Better to wait until they get taken over by a publisher with a better reputation. All you'd get right now would be a mechanism to funnel as much cash as possible from your bank to theirs.
    Arielle Nightshade, Tkia and Fangrim like this.
  7. Kurth Member

One thing they need to keep from EQ1 is the 8 spell slots. I'm sick of WoW clones with 7 hotbars.
  8. Rhoks Active Member

Its a fair statement that I dont know. Just a hunch from it being sold over and over to different companies, isnt a good sign.

Which I hope I am wrong. I just think now would be a good time to start mentioning its existence
  9. Rhoks Active Member

I think they can manage to make it work. Of course when SOE had the game they had more money to back it. But I also dont see a larger publisher coming in to purchase the company at its current time.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Didn't the game get taken over by somebody who played here years ago ?
    And since he took over , the devs seam to be always to busy to take care of this game , but I am just guessing ,
    maybe tht next expansion will just be really awesome .
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  11. Rhoks Active Member

All i know of is Dakrbreak and Darkpaw Games
  12. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

The biggest assumption here is that the person/team working on EQ2 TLE would be the same person/team developing EQ3. That is an assumption that is almost certainly incorrect.

They are either working on EQ3 or they are not. Whether or not they plan on doing another TLE server for EQ2 likely has little to no influence on that. It would take an effort akin to that of WoW Classic for that, and I highly doubt that will happen.
    Ned888 likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but I would bet TLEs are probably quite profitable for the amount of time and resources required. I doubt they do away with them any time soon.
    Doobius40504 and Xevran like this.
  14. Kotter Legendary Member

i'd prolly even buy the CE if they made it.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  15. Rhoks Active Member

make eq2 great again
  16. Rhoks Active Member

Id say lots of players would return and pay lots of money just to try it out. I mean look at New World before it flopped. It had several millions of paid players buying the game. But the game was its own demise.

if EQ3 was to come out any time soon while everyone is still mostly at home and begging for new games to play specifically MMOs they def would spend the money. Which lets be honest this company could use that money, which will leverage them to selling to a bigger and better company or running forward with it with more resources.

Releasing new xpacks every year and a new TLE will only go so far.
  17. Malachy Well-Known Member

If we want to talk about a BIG investment, I'd much rather see a massive compression of stats, entire re-itemization, re-tuning of mob difficulty and class balance from level 1 to max level. And if they wanted to do it really well, they'd compress levels and as mentioned above introduce a hotbar cap of spells/skills, it would radically transform raids and player experience.

No current server is attractive for a new character or player. It is immediately boosted/PL'd or grinded to max, a server that's actually 100% tuned and enjoyable for new characters would be very popular. That's why I think they would be better off with a TLE locked server at 80 that people can transfer off of at any time and receive live server rewards for achievements there. If it's BG or PVP flag enabled and occasional unique events happen there, the fact that it'd be all access only and have a healthy low-mid level population, it'd be lucrative and popular.
    Ned888 likes this.
  18. Kotter Legendary Member

it did?
  19. Rhoks Active Member

Ill have to go find the link but i believe they released the numbers stating after the first week it dropped to half the initial users and then a week later even less than that.
  20. Rhoks Active Member

Even tho I will definitely be playing the new TLE again......I could really go for a new EQ3

For some reason, mostly my hopes and dreams, is that the darkpaw hiring for various positions somehow is for a new Everquest game. Preferably EQ3 or something of that nature.
    Kotter likes this.