Insta-Level 85 (280 AA?) (Heroic Characters)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Daray, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Ahupu Well-Known Member

It is an item purchasable from the SC marketplace (actually a redirect since you can only pay cash for it not SC) that can be freely traded in game, which ,when consumed, gives you a month of gold membership.
  2. giantofbabil New Member

Can a dev please just confirm if anyone will be able to make an insta 85 or if it will be restricted in some way?

I am levelling characters right now and I don't want to insta 85 but if anyone can do it it's going to make pre 85 areas ghost towns(more so).
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

One of the first things ever said about Insta-85 was that anyone would be able to make one. You can speculate and beg for dev responses all you like. They're not saying anything until all the details are sorted out.
    Feldon likes this.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

Producer tweeted this weekend that sharing details is coming soon, maybe this week.

But I can assure you while everyone can try one, I'm quite certain there will be restriction$ and limit$ and maybe cap$ that may require player$ to do $omething may not have expected to fully utilize these characters.

What that might require, I'll leave to your imagination.
    Wirewhisker and Ahupu like this.
  5. Astealoth Member

You're a little off. I've got a 66 Paladin on a fresh account with no vet bonus. 400 hours played and have used about $30 worth of XP potions. I mostly solo grind yellow-orange heroic instances with a healing merc, which is mind numbingly boring by the way. 1-95 can be done quickly with vet and PLs, but it certainly can't be done solo in a couple weeks without vet bonuses by a fresh account. There's just no way, and if there is you need to make the exploit known so it can be fixed.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

I agree that 90/290 aas is fast, and with gear md increase you can also solo your epic now (for some classes with mercenaty).

But i don't see how to do it in 8 hours. so i assume that Atan was thinking of power-leveling himself. In such case 8 hours seem possible (but fast), i never power levelled any high level toon, but the 20-50 range 10 level an hours is possible especially if the PL class as open aoe.

I don't know if those 8 hours are without potions & vet bonus or with some.

So my problem about heroic is not the level/aa but mainly the fact that they come equiped.
    I would like them to come, farm a bit of plat (so easy) and intereact with other to get gear/abilities.I m not asking much.
    So doing they may become part of the community.

I also want them to be allowed to bypass draconic language. This quest was meanning full when i did it (around 50)
    and when solusek was not grey. All non veteran players did the quest with someone setting a banner near Lord Naga, and using rune loc on wikki .
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

So you want them 'naked' with no gear BUT you want them to have the pre-requisites of draconic.:rolleyes:
    I am sorry but that wouldn't go over too well, to say here go play with this higher-level character, but you have to get your own gear because its naked. They start off with appropriate gear for that level (supposedly) and 100 aa's. Where you go with them from there, is your "hero's" call. Meaning if you choose it to be your "free" heroic, then you can unlock it to get the boost to 280 AA if you do so by October 15th. After that date you can create more, but will need to unlock them via the marketplace.

As far as the draconic language, that analogy of yours won't fly as its required for quite a few quests and one of the latter quests being the Epic Repercussions. Some of the original epics (heroic versions) released with Kunark, require "words of pure magic" or completing the heritage for their claymore, etc. that are also from release. So claiming the most tedious part of Epic Repurcussions is outdated and should be given to heroic characters as a freebie, makes no sense since they won't be coming with their epics in the first place.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

I never said naked, something like Ohmir gear would be ok, but i m quite sure that they will get DOV hard mode gear with a level 85 tagged on it.
  9. Avianna Well-Known Member

again ???

I would be surprised if they even got othmir quality gear.
  10. Slant Well-Known Member

I saw that tower of frozen shadow is now dropping lvl 85 loot if you go in there on your 85. Anyone know of any other instances that are scaling down (or up) for the new 85s?
  11. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Geeze...I ju$t don't know...I'm at a lo$$...
  12. Asaenia Active Member

This thread had a lot of "the sky is falling" type comments prior to release of heroic characters, but the roll out has been fantastic. I LOVE the assistance they give with AA trees. Get to see content I wouldn't be seeing for a long time. There's more interest and activity in the world.

It's a fantastic idea, should encourage more people to sign up, and get some more revenue in. Fantastic idea, Sony.
    Avianna likes this.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

I was a somewhat against the whole idea of Heroics. But, for us, its brought several new and old guildies to and back to the game. Its given all of us, new and old alike toons close in level to each other. Its been great playing with old friends again and finding new folks. Plus a bit of self examination showed me that no matter how I leveled all my old characters up...having a bunch of new players sporting new Heroics running aorund the guild hall is great fun.

In retrospect...good call, SOE.
    Feara and Avianna like this.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

Oh, I had no issues with heroic characters so long as the 'cost' was a one time unlock for them. That I don't have to keep unlocking further pieces of the character is good. My fear was SoE would have not provided a simple one price unlock.